It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"SNOWBALL intercept" audio file FOUND!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Timebomb2000 is up on this topic.

www.timebomb2000.com...

Re: "SNOWBALL intercept" audio file FOUND!!!

OK, gonna do everyone a big favour here.

I did put the audio file here too :
users.pandora.be...

Just go to the site and you can download it entirely. The given site did put the file in your temporary internet files directory.

I uploaded it here and leave it there for about one week (need this webspace for other things too)

I�ll keep the file on my own server and on CD though. You never know what it is good for.

Just one request :

Those who download the file : try to upload it again to some other (free) webspace. I don�t know how many hits a day my webspace may have, so it is possible that if too many people start downloading the thing, they (ISP) cut it off.

GreetZ,
BuRn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
For anyone who has really heard an SSB voice transmission they will immediately know this is a hoax. Hoax. This is not a Single SideBand shortwave transmission as the original stories indicate. This is how SSB sounds: iw2dvk [Edited on 3-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If that is millitary traffic then im my own Grandmother.

Short wave or not i know how millitary traffic sounds, i have close family in the millitary and despite the fact that im not in the millitary i do know a few things.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by rustiswordz]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hmm... skepticoverlord is right... I own a shortwave radio and frequently hear broadcasts, and the SNOWBALL file doesnt seem to be the same. Oh well... for all who are interested, I do have it up on my site... It is angelfire, so you'll have to copy and paste the address into the browser window: www.angelfire.com...[1].mp3

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.futuretrance.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

1st impressions - the 1st voice sounds artificial - like a top of line txt to speach program

the sounds sound like a modem/spectrum 48k/printer over the top

i could make this same soundfile in minutes without using much brainpower and audio hardware/software

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by acidhead]

d1k

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Since when does the military use Microsoft Sam?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Cute......

Being a licensed radio amateur, I too can safely say that there is no way this is a SSB transmission! Nothing like!!
Sound fake anyway, just the way they are talking..

Oh, and those data bursts at the beginning/halfway or something (didn't listen to the last half - waste of my precious time) - sound awfully like FM paging data.... I decode it sometime through my scanner with my PC

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm an amateur radio operator and that is definatly not SSB. Sounds like a muffled dot matrix printer to me as well. The link that SO provided is SSB. I have the non-code technician ticket and plan on upgrading to general soon.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What level Smith? I was an Extra-Class back in the late 70's and early 80's. Anyway, the CW (morse code) is gibberish also. And, generally speaking, CW and SSB do not mix it up on the same frequencies.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
2:30 into it - a speak and spell program says something like 5000 seconds and 2 hours

www.futuretrance.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
SO -

I'm in the UK and I was a 'B' class amateur - G7 callsign.
We recently had a few changes and abolished the CW exam so now I am effectively an 'A' class - like my Dad who is a G3.
Sadly I have never really learnt morse as, well to be honest, I'm a bit too lazy!

I am 24 now and passed the exam for my license when I was 14, though I never really use it to be honest though I do keep it up to date.

I used to be really into the old Packet Radio and had a Node going and was using BBS software for my mailbox!! That really got the locals upset when they tried to leave me a message!! They only had the standard mailboxes you get built into the PK232s!!!

I think one of the best things I ever achieved when I was a kid was I actually got to speak, briefly, to the amateurs on Mir when it was still around!! That was really great!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
00:35 to 00:55 is when you hear the Pager data.

And it really does sound like an old dot matrix the rest of the time!!!

Anyway, this is 110% false!!!

Would be could to hear the real transmission though, but I doubt anyone has got a copy of it recorded to be honest.
I must get an HF rig set up to listen out myself!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm not saying it's real or not? I think not, however I work aboard ships and have licenses to operate SSB,VHF, Inmarsat and DSC. I've heard naval exercises on Canada's East Coast that have used encrypted VHF for comms. It did sound similar to this "Snowball" in the fact that some of the conversations were totally comprehensible and others had that "Encryption digital sound" for lack of a better description.

So it might be something from a war exercise or just nothing at all.

What did it say somthing like a 140 days till impact. When was it recorded? I guess if you found out the day it's recorded you could cross-reference with known NEAT activity.

Just some thoughts

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ It did sound similar to this "Snowball"
That "found" snowball recording is not SSB. Anyone who has heard SSB can recognize that immediately.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
How many of you ham's are familar with the US background noise. I was a novice way back in the 70's WN2UP? Some of the noises in the back ground some familar. I could hear a repeater station in the back ground.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sounds like Beavis and Butthead messing around with a cheapo audio program.

The Big O

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Mr. SkepticOvelord sir, If you're going to quote me then please try and keep the content of the quote accurate. What you have done is take out a small chunk of it. I never once said it was SSB, my original point said it sounded similar to encrypted VHF that I have seen used in Nato exercises on both Coasts of Canada.

I've heard naval exercises on Canada's East Coast that have used encrypted VHF for comms. It did sound similar to this "Snowball" in the fact that some of the conversations were totally comprehensible and others had that "Encryption digital sound" for lack of a better description.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave How many of you ham's are familar with the US background noise. I was a novice way back in the 70's WN2UP? Some of the noises in the back ground some familar. I could hear a repeater station in the back ground.
Well, it's very rare to hear a CW burst with SSB. CW can operate in the SSB sections, but not visa-versa. Also, the CW is either gibberish, or a poor hand on a mechanical (not digital) keyer.... and much too short to be anything.... it sounds more like it's trying to be a repeater ID, which you'll never hear anywhere near SSB... VHF/UHF FM only. If you compare to the MP3 I posted, the background noise sounds more organic and random, where the background of the hoax file sounds manufactured.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
For god's sake it's a hoax!!
You don't hear pagers on SSB HF, they are on FM VHF for a start!
The voice sounds nothing like an SSB transmission.

It sounds nothing like SSB. it is a complete load of rubbish, will any people out there who think it is real please listen to the people here that are actually QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED in using radio comms!!

I dare say the real event took place, but this recording is nothing more than fabrication and lies!

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I have found out some interesting information on the frequency, 11.176Mhz, that the message was supposed to be intercepted on. (The acual message, not this stupid bodge job audio file!).

I have posted my findings on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join