It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men owe women for 'creating beer'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

im not really sure (about the whole religion deelie), but wasnt it that god made man, and then made women from his elbow or something weird like that?

God makes man -> man has too many elbows -> elbows become women

cant argue with that!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Anybody make a Yeast Infection joke yet?

Sorry I couln't resist.

Thank you women, I always knew there was something really important your guys did, I just could not for the life of me remember

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
*cheers* Thanks Ladies!

BTW, I owe some of you a hell of a lot more than a "thank you" for all of the beer I've drank. You know who you are...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Cool!

Now if we could just get them to listen when we tell them to make a "beer run", we would have it made!

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I know one thing for sure.
A woman made the first Moosehead Lager.

I love beer, when don't have it, (like when I am at work) I imagine walking on a hike with suds pouring down my neck because I missed my mouth.
Anyway not much to add, I am still waking up and I had many beers last night.

I like beer warm or cold.

Yeah, beer.
MMMMMM

PS, I think beer could have been discovered by leaving grain in the rain, the grain germinated, the rain dissolved out the malt syrup and started to ferment in a pool of wort run off.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I think this is not really correct. I remember being taught in school that fermentation was discovered EONS ago. You can't even tell whom discovered it so I think it is not good to jump to the hastily conclusion that the person whom the topic creator is speaking about is correct. Wine and mead were probably some of the first made and perfected drinks. I remember reading that mead was drank more than water because the mead was clean at least.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Read about Lise Meitner. Meitnerium is named for her.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

Fun to wake up this morning and see all your great posts, but Zeus2573 yours is the funniest, all I have to say about that is 'in your wildest dreams'

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Anyone here on ATS ever brew their own beer ?

The beer we drink today is flavoured with hops which were not discovered until considerably later in ancient Europe, in Germany in the 1200's.

Fermentation is naturally occurring on fruit due to airborne yeasts and combined with the fruits natural sugars which ancient man understood eons ago.

Since Women have historically ruled cooking and the kitchen, it would make sense that a Woman discovered the brewing of beer as well as having discovered most of the culinary arts and delights we all enjoy today.

The early beer was more of a tea made from the sweet sugars of the malted barley and was later discovered that after sitting outside and uncovered, it having picked up naturally occurring yeast began to ferment.

This producing CO2 and Alcohol..........lets party !

Also due to beer being boiled, it also sterilized the water which also ancient Man/Woman learned was beneficial for health reasons leading to it's popularity over consumption of water from questionable water sources especially while travelling.

So in that perspective, it would make sense that a Woman discovered beer which would have preceded even the fermentation of grape juice into wine in some respects. Simply due to the fact that Barley grain was a daily staple, as well as money in ancient Man's diet as wheat is found today.

Just talking about it makes me Looking forward to having a cool one after riding my motorcycle today !

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Isn't there also a saying about when God made man? He made a rough draft before he got to the final masterpiece...us women.

Yep stephanies-chase you got that right, I am woman hear me roar or something like that.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Why is it anything to do with women creates a thread of sexist comments. Come on guys get over your self a while. Kitchen jokes boobs sex blah blah blah. Really anything new any time will be greatly welcome. Anyway really interesting find, just shame about the follow up.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A disclaimer from Jane Peyton's website:

Disclaimer
Recent News Reports

Recent news reports attributed to Jane Peyton of School of Booze about the role of females in brewing history and the discovery of beer contained several incorrect pieces of information. A press release sent by a news agency to the media contained some erroneous information and this has been published in dozens of newspapers and on-line blogs. Some media reports stated that Jane Peyton said men only started drinking beer 200 years ago. Jane did not say this. There were other ‘quotes’ that Jane did not say either.

The news agency press release described Jane as an academic and made it appear as though she was engaged in original research about this subject. It is not original research.

Jane did provide a variety of facts to the news agency about the role of females in brewing history and if you are interested knowing more please read the article ‘Putting the Female Into Ale’

Thank you.

Seem like one of those subjects where people hear what they want to hear, and run with it. Or her publisher got out of hand and she got an academic smack-down.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

Thank you for saying it eyesdown, I agree, guess I shouldn't have been surprised but always am, could be I don't think in those terms, since we still live in a male dominated world, at least they think so, thought this was a good find.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Men should realise that they are always influenced by women.

Maybe this is why... No I'm not going to get my self in trouble.

Women rule

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
well, some good has come from drinking lots of beer.

yes, after a particularly heavy weekend binge,

at the white house briefing on monday morning,

Abe Lincoln said, "i freed the what?!?!"

it's a joke!

[edit on 4-4-2010 by fooks]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Oh boy. I hope you are black. If not

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Perhaps it was ugly women that invented beer? Let's face it, there's a definite motive!

IRM

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
it's a joke.

i am not the R word!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
is it not striking that a woman also invented birth control?

Beer & Birth Control.

Letting people have all kinds of no-strings-attached sex since 1906.

And men are supposed to be the ones obsessed with procreation

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by fooks

Oh boy. I hope you are black. If not

lighten up...its a joke.

Its easter. Let the blood flow man, lifes too short to be so uptight

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join