It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Zawi Hawass retirement !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think this is good news !

As I understand Dr. Zawi Hawass has always defended our current ideas of human history and so even forbid researching any for any new evidence that could proof our current idea wrong.

I'm sorry to say my only source is in Dutch and they say they can not reveal their 3 separate sources. But I have not seen anything from them yet which could let me to believe they are lying.

Now let's hope the next doctor will be a little more of a true science sceptic.
Let him question our old knowledge.

Link to Dutch source

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think that it could be a good thing.

At the very least, a change in power would cause some movement of SOME kind over there.

Might be a few things can creep through the cracks and out into the open, finally.

Also to note...

heritage-key.com...

That article shows him talking about retiring this year, as mandated by law over there.

So, could be tentatively confirmed.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Jomina]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thank god, hopefully now some research that may not agree with his views will be allowed

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
YAY at last

But to be honest, I don't think they would allow anyone to be in charge who is going to "Spill the beans" or look at objectively...

They have their story and they're sticking to it :shk:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

A good thing. Yes most definitely.

Thank you for the link.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The article I read told about many of his circle were happy because he stopped them from researching their more out of the box ideas.
Also the Bosnie piramide is told to be bigger and older. Egypt has to make a new discovery to stay at the top of their leage.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
the best news in a long time for the arechaeology fraternity.

like others have siad, hopefully someone with a more open mind and a nuetral position based upon real facts will take his plac.e.

good riddance to him.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Starred you all

Hawass will not be missed

Opportunities missed and buried under Hawass' 'rule' are, of course, another thing altogether

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by blupblup

The article I read told about many of his circle were happy because he stopped them from researching their more out of the box ideas.
Also the Bosnie piramide is told to be bigger and older. Egypt has to make a new discovery to stay at the top of their leage.

I heard about the Bosnian Pyramid and such. I've seen some pics of it and until they actually do major excavation it's 50/50 to if it's a pyramid or a weird formation of the hill. But in my opinion, it may be because the chinese pyramids are buried under land and terrain and also if you give nature enough time, it can take over any structure. And these pyramids are supposed to be old. Also they won't put anybody in that position unless he sticks with the standard operation procedure.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It's been known for a while that he would be leaving the position some time soon. However, I'm sure the old man would want to go out with a bang... so hopefully he has something nice to show us before he leaves.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm going to be a pessimist on this. I think the entire county is committed to the pyramids being entirely Egyptian. They are extremely ethnocentristic. I doubt any Egyptian who has studied Egyptology would ever dream of revealing or hinting that ancient history was not the Egyptian races history.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I hope so to

I don't think it will be the last thing we here from him tho.
He seems to me like the kind of guy that has made his hobby his work.
You don't just loose interest He's probablymaking room for someone else.

I do think the guy has earned respect. If it comes to a point he in fact did stop any breaking research which would brake up his world view, on his age. Can we really blame him ?

I think not.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is excellent news if true, just sent the info to Graham Hancock, will let you know what he thinks and if he knows anything when I hear back from him.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hawass may turn into another dissident against the mainstream! He has been exposed to so many plausible theories over the years that hes had to defend the official story against im sure its left him wondering deep within. The claim of retirement is used so often for colleagues to describe their dropout from mainstream, but they have actually transcended the narrow mainstream paradigm. Hawass would have many people to support his change of heart and would be far from alone in his views, although I doubt it, it is a possibility.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I read this last year and I cant remember for the life of me where. I hope he does. From what I read he has to retire, his time is up. He isnt allowed to hold the position anymore. I was doing some reading on Egyptian archaeology last year and came across that information. It would be nice to have some things researched there that he wouldnt allow.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Translation from Dutch to English"

Do not ask us how we know ask us not who we know, but we know it. Three independent sources have recently confirmed us that hard work is to Zahi Hawass, the conservative and unpopular big boss of the Egyptian pyramids among others, his rush to tackle. After this summer it would be ready. In the Egyptian parliament, week after week he gets heavy headwind. There are countless examples of his political debacles. The frustration is still the most marks in people who are directly affected. Archaeologist Sam Osmanagich example. Although geologists from Emmy-winner Hawass sure that at least one pyramid in Bosnia, Zahi calls himself a heap of stones after hallucinating that looks like a pyramid. In Egypt, archaeologists and researchers also suffered from him. It's annoying not to be allowed to investigate when you know that something under the ground. Take for example the Sphinx ...

Not that anything bad Zahi Hawass did, but he played it safe on. The timeline that we call history should still be fine-tuned, but drastically upset throw was never an option. Another few months and the archaeological world is changing. Without that Hawass wants anywhere between sitting and refuses to allow projects that threaten our well-known history of head up, we may meet a nice time. If there is not another deeply conservative media on horny bloke sits down, of course

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

That was quick !
It would have taken me hours.

Thanks !

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Ha, do what I did, only took a minute......check out thei link that translates many langugages. Did you honestly think I knew Dutch..

translate.google.com...|en

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Well... It would not surprise me.
I don't use them because they are usually full of error

If I may ask.
Who is Graham Hancock ?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

www.grahamhancock.com...

Graham Hancock best selling books like Fingerprints of the Gods, Supernatural, Underworld, The Sign and the Seal plus Quest For The Ark of the Covenent plus more, he is a reseacher who is known worldwide who resides in England, he has been a frequent guest of Art Bell's on Coast to Coast AM over the years..

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Aquarius1]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join