It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world Aussie Bloke hoax thread...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempisfugitive
But did you get your commemorative Ultra Cool Meteorite shades. Now available at AussieBloke.com .....only 19.95. Allow six to eight weeks for delivery.

Hey I just tried to get onto the site to buy them and it's ANOTHER DEAD LINK!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsmoDeus
I have my lawn chair and binoculars all ready in case there is something to see.

Me too and My SPF 3000, not to mention my umbrella ( for the meteorite showers).

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
[Hey I just tried to get onto the site to buy them and it's ANOTHER DEAD LINK!!!

Uh Oh .... must be the PTB at work again ....the Bastards!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempisfugitive

Originally posted by AsmoDeus
I have my lawn chair and binoculars all ready in case there is something to see.

Me too and My SPF 3000, not to mention my umbrella ( for the meteorite showers).

Umbrella nothing. I had a whole mess of tires just waiting to be made into post-apocalyptic-chic armor, and had just put the oversized wheels on my war [dune] buggy

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Umbrella nothing. I had a whole mess of tires just waiting to be made into post-apocalyptic-chic armor, and had just put the oversized wheels on my war [dune] buggy

Who says you can't learn anything from The Road Warrior.

Hey ......wait a minute .....now it makes sense to me. Aussie Bloke = Mel Gibson. This is all a scheme to market his new line of post Apocalyptic Sports wear "The Road Warrior" line.

I know, I know ....I'm just pissed that I didn't think of it first.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by tempisfugitive]

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by tempisfugitive]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Chain of Events:

Meterite destroys 1/3 of USA. South Eastern Part
America Collapses
America becomes part of EU
EU becomes NWO
7 years begin of peace and war
You can imagine all the inbetween parts.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
ab2tw, you were trying to earn points from this and that's wrong too. You wanted to take the credit from another person, the moderators wanted to make it easier for everyone to be able to sort out the information and for noone else to try to use this hoax to get more points.

You want points? be creative and start a thread that noone else has started, something good.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord, I do not want this post to come across as a flame. It is not intended as such, and I hope you will appreciate my intention to "speak" for something that I truly believe in.

First, in order to appease my disappointment, you linked me to a thread of about 14 postings where one person said, "Good job for locking that one SO." The overwhelming response on THIS thread is "why?" There are more people asking about why it's locked than there are patting you on the back for doing it. It is standard around here that postings on one primary topic are limited to one thread. It never got out of hand. It was very simply pro-AB or anti-AB. Many other threads on this board are locked because they are "similar" in nature to others. i.e., Dulce Documents, Denver Airport, Abu Ghraib prison abuse, and many more. If they seem to be along the same topic, shut it down and reference the original. Now we are shutting down the original and referencing a new one? If someone doesn't want to read 43 pages, then they simply don't need to read 43 pages. There is enough to read elsewhere on this board. But don't change your standards because of one UNFOUNDED and UNSUBSTANTIATED "hoax" posting.

And about that posting....

On that other thread, Satariel posted the nature of the hoax. He referenced the "proof" of the hoax as the following: "So, here goes. BLIND SKIES is the proof - totally made it up on the spot, because it sounded good." ... "I googled it myself, and was surprised that the first hit actually had to do with asteroids. I laughed a little, but then included that part about COINCIDENCE as a result of my google experience. I picked it out of the blue, people, and it "hit" when searched on!" ....... "When I �quoted� AB and said LOOK TO THE SKIES and INVESTIGATE FOR YOURSELF, I fully expected you to do web searches on BLIND SKIES, and quickly learn that it probably doesn�t exist, never has, never will."

Actually, per Google, "Blind Skies" doesn't reference anything about asteroids. The words "blind" and "skies" searched separately does in fact reference asteroids though. And the reference is actually quite relevant, "Asteroid Buzzes Earth, Highlighting Cosmic Blind Spot .... The space rock approached Earth in the glare of the Sun, a blind spot that made it impossible to see during the day or night from any terrestrial vantage point. The event illustrates the potential of a surprise hit by an asteroid, astronomers said. .... A recent plea by scientists to the Australian government to fund a search of the southern skies fell on unsympathetic ears, however. Australian science minister Peter McGauran said he was not convinced the threat of impact was real enough to warrant spending government money." Ummm, that does seem pretty relevant to this conversation I think.

Here is the link... www.space.com...

AB could have called it COSMIC BUZZES, BLIND EM7, or various other combinations to have Google tab it as the first headline. That spells out more to me than hoax. If anything, it shows that the hoaxer is full of BS and WRONG! Google those and see what happens. It could have been damn clever of AB to link that article.

But because someone announces "Hoax Here!", you automatically lock the thread? I just debunked the debunker, and the moderators here are "Deny-ing Intelligence". I'm not arguing this point expecting you to unlock the original, delete this thread, or start a new forum. My point is that you are arguing for your moniker "Deny Ignorance" as defense in your locking of the post. When in fact it is pure ignorance (meant as lack of knowledge, not lack of your brainpower) to even think of locking that thread for ONE post.

And Muaddib????......

You asked me "What else do you want to know?". Well I want to know the truth. The only way that we will discover the truth is through discussion. The only way that we will have a discussion is if the threads are not locked. This board exists for us, thanks to the moderators. I fully respect their role and will say that they do a damn good job of keeping this place clean and respectable. I will also say that they are wrong on this one. They are quelling one of the best threads that this board has ever seen. Like I said, if someone doesn't want to read 43 pages, well then... DON'T READ IT! What else can we do? You can start this thread all over again, and it will not be long until this one is up to 43 pages. That's why this is a discussion board.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The Hoax post again says "quickly learn that it probably doesn�t exist, never has, never will."

PROBABLY doesn't exist, NEVER has, NEVER will.

That statement makes no sense. For the original hoaxer to say that something "probably" doesn't exist, means that they are not the one that came up with it. And then to say "probably doesn't exist" followed by Never has, Never will, is completely contradictory.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well said DirtJ. I feel that the post should not have been locked. hoax or no hoax.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It seems that not everyone fully got the info right, this is the order:

1. AB claims asteroid threat.

2. "The monitors" claims to be AB and that everything is a hoax.

3. "The monitors" claims that nr 2 was a hoax and debunks themselves.

This leaves us at status quo with the AB info, still not debunked.

Edit: Hmm seems I confused the threads here on ATS, maybe the majority didn�t see the second post from "The moderators" and thought my post of the nr 3 info was a debunking of nr 1.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Satariel]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You people are just getting too paranoid as it was just a weather balloon...I mean a test dummy! Ya, that's it!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Casts a June TWATS vote for the month the way of dirtjockey for a voice of reason with Admin and other posters, about the purpose of discussion forums and filtering the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sorry the logic in this argument leaves me flat.

AB debunked by Monitors.
Monitors debunked by monitors themselves.
Monitors are liars.
Following this logic AB has nothing to do with Monitors.

Ergo AB is not debunked. AB is not a liar.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hmm Well I am going to call my responce to this artical could it be real.

Just a wild consept or could it have really taken place.

I am going to call this the plan to distroy planet x.

Lets say that a few people got together years ago to figure out what to do if there were such a thing as planet X that was getting ready to pass the planet earth and cause large devistation.

Knowing about past u.s. government programs and other's such as the report from iron mountion which in many ways relates to what we see today. Who is to say that somthing didnt take place with somthing like planet x too?

So according to the person that put out this infomation he is suggesting that there is a large cloud comming from the southern part of the globe.

So how would you go about distroying long distance object's?

First it would be hard given the fact there are 2 astroid belts that surround the current solor system. There for if somthing was out past the astroid belts that could cause some kind of planetary disruption if you lived here on earth you would have to figure out how to get somthing past the astroid belt.

I can think of a few ways in which that could be done. Such as the detonation of a nutron bomb would work it would open up a path large enough to allow for another such device to get threw that belt and make it to the next one.

Now let's us suggest that if you could do such a thing what would be the result?

More then likly it would cause several things such as a imbalance in the astroid belt and possibly some of those astroids just might make there way twards earth due to the field now being imbalanced.

But how to explain the cloud in this case?

Well the best guess would be after such a event were to occur and say you were able to get some kind of device past the 2 astroid belts and hit this incomming object and you didnt entirly distory it wouldnt that cause some kind of cloud?

The only other thing to think about in such a event could be that due to the speed of the unknown object in this case there is no way to really tell what would be the result of a object being attempted to headed off this way or what would happen if it were not distroyed.

But Just a Could it be Real Idea as to where the cloud came from and how this artical could be real after all.

The Current people running thing's have done things much more wild then this could it be real idea.

Just my 2 cents for the day.

And I would have absolutly no knowledge beyond what I have suggested in this responce let alone am I suggesting that such a idea could have or did get carried out and I plead the 5th.

But it is somthing to think about given what has happened in relations to the media's version of what didnt happen over near washington and cali for the day of 2004-06-03.

Falcon

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by radstar
Sorry the logic in this argument leaves me flat.

AB debunked by Monitors.
Monitors debunked by monitors themselves.
Monitors are liars.
Following this logic AB has nothing to do with Monitors.

Ergo AB is not debunked. AB is not a liar.

Exactly.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
TextTo what end? No, I cannot see the motive to create and then destroy and claim it never was to begin with. An elaborate imagination or someone with the goal of debunking themselves for a shot at their fifteen minutes of fame? I think not. There is always that small sliver of truth that's often surrounded by lies. Are we all gullible? No. Isn't it feasible, being someone with the mission of undermining any truth, to just claim that they are the author's and then claim it was all bunk? A Prank? Well aren't we all impressed if tis so? I'll take a 'wait and see' attitude and try my best to avoid the same pitfall's which befell the people of Noah's day.
Information, disinformation, classic CYOPS. But what if it's true? What if it really is coming this way? Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater here and keep our eyes and ears open.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ok I'll bite.....

Originally posted by Muaddib
ab2tw, you were trying to earn points from this and that's wrong too. You wanted to take the credit from another person, the moderators wanted to make it easier for everyone to be able to sort out the information and for noone else to try to use this hoax to get more points.

You want points? be creative and start a thread that noone else has started, something good.

well as my previous post points out I had a problem keeping track because of all the "is it true or not" posts on the 30+ page thread.
Other people did too...
Originally posted by MuaddibDirtjockey, the problem is that people that are starting to see this thread have a hard time having to read 34 posts and following it up.

Who was I trying to take credit from??
Is this creative or good or not??www.abovetopsecret.com...

I tried to introduce some unique topics....
yeah I need to grow some thicker skin.....

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Originally posted by ab2tw
The thing is why not let the thread play it self out until the 18th??

Jesus, ab, are you completely ignoring the explanation here??

Originally posted by Banshee

Well, TOG, it isn't just that ...
The original thread had grown to massive proportions (43 pages, I think?) and was nearly impossible to navigate.

Everyone is welcome to discuss the thing here, in this thread. It'll make everything a bit easier for all involved, if you think about it.

-B.

Posted on page 2.

Chill, jeez!!

Then why was the world scismic event thread allowed to rumble on for 70+ pages? sorry but that dodg dont hunt ... first and thankfully last post

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Cuba conducts readiness exercise �Meteor 2004�

www.adelante.cu...

Now that is a truly weird name to use during the circumstances.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join