It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world Aussie Bloke hoax thread...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
man, this is the best thread ever!

i'm laughin so hard about how this whole thing went!
every time we think this thing is gunna die, somebody else pops up and says they found some "cover story" and the whole thing starts again!

i bet even after june this thing will keep going because Assie will probably pop up and say he ment june of next year.
Assie is such a freak

get a life man

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Dirtjockey, the problem is that people that are starting to see this thread have a hard time having to read 34 posts and following it up.

ATS is not a government sponsored site, and I am not a government agent...............
or am I?

Ok, seriously, it is very hard to follow up a thread with 34 posts. It is a lot easier to read different posts with less pages. This way people can search on the site the information they want to read. About the AB posts, he said everything he was going to say, what else you want to know? If you still think its not a hoax then wait for the 8th? or 18th? i forgot which...

BTW, if you see a lot of meteors lighting the skies, its normal. They are about to begin soon, get worried when you see large pieces of meteorites falling on the ground, that's when you should really worry.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, I finally figured out what my "June 17th" deja vu was about: I have a college paper due that day! lol. I thought the Aussie bloke thing was a great hoax, but at least it reminded me what I have due on June 17th, lol. :-D

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Haiku ATS ...too cool. Or how about Limerick ATS?

There once was a Bloke name of Aussie,
Who started a thread rather saucy,
Oh how they all choked,
When they thought they'd been "Bloked",
But in just o'er a fortnight we'll all see!

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by tempisfugitive]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The thing is why not let the thread play it self out until the 18th??

At that point you would have people saying "I told You so" and others saying "I'll NEVER believe another hoax again!!!"

Do you really think people would go out and start pillaging and looting because the world is fixing to end??

The very act of locking down the thread makes this A.B. guy more believable.

It cracks me up that most people have to have "closure" on everthing.

Can't people deal with a level of uncertainty in life??

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deathbox25
i bet even after june this thing will keep going because Assie will probably pop up and say he ment june of next year.
Assie is such a freak

get a life man

That's very true!!
This sort of thing has happened loads of times before and will continue to!!
Do you know what's even funnier though?
One day someone will be right.........

Personally I'm hoping, like most others, that this will be a hoax.
The only thing is I do believe that no-one can really be 100% sure until the dates have gone by...
One day this will be for real, maybe in 10 years, maybe in 1000 but it is bound to happen and sooner or later we (as a race) will have to face it.

Hopefully though, it won't be us

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm not eager for anyone to be right just yet either.

link   
Well I can only speak for myself .....but personally I was looking forward to a good pillaging!

link   

Originally posted by ab2tw
The thing is why not let the thread play it self out until the 18th??

Jesus, ab, are you completely ignoring the explanation here??

Originally posted by Banshee

Well, TOG, it isn't just that ...
The original thread had grown to massive proportions (43 pages, I think?) and was nearly impossible to navigate.

Everyone is welcome to discuss the thing here, in this thread. It'll make everything a bit easier for all involved, if you think about it.

-B.

Posted on page 2.

Chill, jeez!!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
lol well when they are right we can still laugh at them becaus they'll probably die too!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
o by the way im kinda new here and i want ATS points, how can i get some other than posting?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
by the way tempisfugitive i love the poem
very nice

d1k

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Dirtjockey, the problem is that people that are starting to see this thread have a hard time having to read 34 posts and following it up.

ATS is not a government sponsored site, and I am not a government agent...............
or am I?

Ok, seriously, it is very hard to follow up a thread with 34 posts. It is a lot easier to read different posts with less pages. This way people can search on the site the information they want to read. About the AB posts, he said everything he was going to say, what else you want to know? If you still think its not a hoax then wait for the 8th? or 18th? i forgot which...

I'm sorry but logic tells you that having all the information in one place is a whole lot more efficent and plain easier then it spread out all over different threads.

34 Pages of text is hard to read? NM I won't even go there.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
10Q!

And people said those alien implants weren't good for anything .....

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempisfugitive
Well I can only speak for myself .....but personally I was looking forward to a good pillaging!

Dammit your right!

Now I've wasted all that money on weapons, NBC suits, dosimeters, geiger counters and gas masks.....

(you think I'm joking! :lol

You'll have to excuse me tonight, I think I have had too much Absinth or however you spell it... Distilled with REAL wormwood!! Haha!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
But did you get your commemorative Ultra Cool Meteorite shades. Now available at AussieBloke.com .....only 19.95. Allow six to eight weeks for delivery.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Jesus, ab, are you completely ignoring the explanation here??

Well, TOG, it isn't just that ...
The original thread had grown to massive proportions (43 pages, I think?) and was nearly impossible to navigate.

Everyone is welcome to discuss the thing here, in this thread. It'll make everything a bit easier for all involved, if you think about it.

-B.

Posted on page 2.

Chill, jeez!!

OK, but banshee you may or may not recall deleting a thread that I started in attempts to allow people to post events taht cooresponded with A.B.'s prediction.

The reason that I gave was that a 30+ page thread was too difficult to navigate.

I know that you have probably been deleting a lot of threads referring to A.B. but now to come out and support my position...without conclusive evidence that A.B. really was a hoax.....hmmmmm

(Honest I am NOT trying to attack you personaly or flame I just found it to be an interesting turn of events)

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by ab2tw]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
BTW, if you see a lot of meteors lighting the skies, its normal. They are about to begin soon, get worried when you see large pieces of meteorites falling on the ground, that's when you should really worry.

When they start hitting the ground it's time to stop worrying ....start drinking ....enjoy the show!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Gotta buy duct tape... Like it would really help.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have my lawn chair and binoculars all ready in case there is something to see.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join