It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world Aussie Bloke hoax thread...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Great summary, Undomiel!

Originally posted by Undomiel
The Hoax Thus Far

1. Aussie Bloke Hoaxes everyone into believing that 3 asteroids are going to crash into the earth starting June 18. The coordinates of impact, of course, are actually out in space. Apparently he just copied and pasted some coords and added information where necessary to make it look authentic. His Hoax is based on the infamous "WAR OF THE WORLDS."

2. The Monitors Hoax details how they made up the Aussie Bloke Hoax to teach the people on the internet not to be so gullible. This Hoax is based on the film, "THE MONITORS."

3. After being challenged and reminded that there might be legal ramifications, The Monitors poster, a single individual, claims his post was actually ALSO a Hoax, and the point was not to believe anything you read on the net unless it's got official something or other stamped on it.

So we've either got the first hoaxer (Aussie Bloke) running a hoax as a monitor to get people to believe him or we've got a second hoaxer. In either case, it makes great drama, and as someone has said, it's amusing to see how many people believe this thing.

I've seen them get completely hysterical over it on a fundamentalist Christian board.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Man....this is really frustrating for a newbie. I've been trying to figure out this story today, I can't find any of the posts that say anything is a hoax and I've been to two different boards. Then they say a meteor hit washington last night and now they are saying THAT is a hoax...wow..this is massivly confusing. I'm gonna go buy me some tin foil to make a beanie cause i feel an alien invasion coming on, and it worked for mel gibsons kids.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
LOL this is too funny and i think it was a little immature of skepticoverlord for closing that thread. Someone posts about someone claiming it was a hoax and instantly the thread is closed.... It is too early for the real hoaxer to come out and admit that it was all a joke. I believe that he will reveal himself within three days of June 18.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Then they say a meteor hit washington last night and now they are saying THAT is a hoax...wow..this is massivly confusing. I'm gonna go buy me some tin foil to make a beanie cause i feel an alien invasion coming on, and it worked for mel gibsons kids.

Well, the meteor in Washington wasn't a hoax. But it didn't hit the earth. That part was made up. Luckily I caught the meteor just before it hit the ground. Yes, have your tinfoil hat ready in case the aliens do decide to show up.

Avatar has picture of me playing catch

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
LOL this is too funny and i think it was a little immature of skepticoverlord for closing that thread. Someone posts about someone claiming it was a hoax and instantly the thread is closed.... It is too early for the real hoaxer to come out and admit that it was all a joke. I believe that he will reveal himself within three days of June 18.

Well, TOG, it isn't just that ...
The original thread had grown to massive proportions (43 pages, I think?) and was nearly impossible to navigate.

Everyone is welcome to discuss the thing here, in this thread. It'll make everything a bit easier for all involved, if you think about it.

-B.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
To anyone who really wants know:
Zetatalks Sign of the times has some good information
on what is going on in Space.

Signs of the Times #861
Unidentified Lights in Sunrise Photograph from Long Island, N. Y. [Apr 23] www.earthfiles.com... �It was a year ago when a 63-year-old Nassau County, Long Island, New York resident, who only wants to be known as Marjorie, read on the internet about a possible Planet X headed into our solar system. On Friday, April 23, 2004, around 7:30 AM, Marjorie noticed how beautiful the sun was behind cloud cover and got her camera and a piece of dark welder's glass she uses when she aims straight at the sun. Between normal-looking images, there were two abnormal ones that had a spiral of six lights right in front of the cloud-covered sun and a seventh, dimmer light, to the left.� [and from another source] Look at the Complex this morning! Session started at 08.00 AM. Giusmar [and from another source] Captured May 23. Ciao, Alberto [Note: this phenomena of a scorpions tail is new, appearing just lately in photos from Italy taken by Giusmar and Alberto, who regularly contribute to Planet X complex Photos.]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
www.thedenverchannel.com...

Meteor Lights Up Sky Over Western Washington State

POSTED: 1:24 pm EDT June 3, 2004
UPDATED: 2:08 pm EDT June 3, 2004

SEATTLE -- The debate is over in Washington state, and it turns out it was a meteor seen flying across the Northwest sky Thursday morning.

A Naval Observatory spokesman in Washington, D.C., says it was the kind of meteor that appears as a fireball in the sky and was about the size of a small piece of luggage.

Witnesses reported seeing the sky light up brilliantly and hearing booms.

The spokesman says as far he can tell, it was just "a rock falling out of the sky" -- which he says they tend to do sometimes.

There had been conflicting reports over just what caused the bright light and sounds.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soul Reaper To anyone who really wants know: Zetatalks ...
Oh... right... the original hoaxers! (sheesh)

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It�s Roswell all over again. The press reports something hitting the ground and a loud explosion then the military pressures the reporters into saying nothing happened and it was a hoax. Next they will show us a weather balloon that popped on its assent giving them time to collect the wreckage.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Why is everything that is being reported about asteroids becoming a hoax all of a sudden? Is there now some massive wave to cover up what is beginning to happen? I don't know for sure, but I'll keep my eyes open for the month of June.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
To anyone who really wants know:
Zetatalks Sign of the times has some good information
on what is going on in Space.

HEh? Zeta talk having good information? Where were you when they claimed planet x was passing by in 2003?? And Nancy was swearing it would come, same with Mark Hazelwood.

Zetatalk is not to be trusted. i think Nancy liederman had too many conversations with her imaginary friends.

I posted a thread on the evidence that points that a 10th, or 11th planet and possibly a dead star "are at the outskirts of the solar system." But no real evidence they are in the inner solar system.

Here is the link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Muaddib]

d1k

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Unidentified Lights in Sunrise Photograph from Long Island, N. Y. [Apr 23] www.earthfiles.com...

Man I love ATS, things just get more and more interesting every day. That is a very weird picture and story!

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Don't look upon the ZetaTalk fols with contempt ...for they are harmless and easy to make fun of.

BTW, stop me if you've heard this one ...

Two asteroids walk into a bar followed by an anomaly .....

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k

Unidentified Lights in Sunrise Photograph from Long Island, N. Y. [Apr 23] www.earthfiles.com...

Man I love ATS, things just get more and more interesting every day. That is a very weird picture and story!

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by d1k]

That was from Linda Moulton(tinfoil hat) Howe's site. Like Rense.com, take everything on her site with a grain of salt.

I found it laughable that the original Aussie story hoaxer used Grovers Mill, NJ as a part of their story.....

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
www.thedenverchannel.com...

Meteor Lights Up Sky Over Western Washington State

POSTED: 1:24 pm EDT June 3, 2004
UPDATED: 2:08 pm EDT June 3, 2004

SEATTLE -- The debate is over in Washington state, and it turns out it was a meteor seen flying across the Northwest sky Thursday morning.

A Naval Observatory spokesman in Washington, D.C., says it was the kind of meteor that appears as a fireball in the sky and was about the size of a small piece of luggage.

Witnesses reported seeing the sky light up brilliantly and hearing booms.

The spokesman says as far he can tell, it was just "a rock falling out of the sky" -- which he says they tend to do sometimes.

There had been conflicting reports over just what caused the bright light and sounds.

Here is a slightly better write up on the meteor from CNN

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I want you all to know this. I just found out. We are, apparently...
characters in The Sims: Internet.
. (hehehe)

Let me get this right.... So for all of the debunkers out there who tell us NOT to believe everything they read on the Internet, they saw this post on the Internet and believed what they had read? The truth is out about AB being a hoax because somebody posted that it was a hoax? What's the difference? Is that really any worse than a Bleever buying into the original postings? We're comparing apples to apples people.

As for me, I don't know what to think right now. All of this information / misinformation / posting / misposting / etc is making me tired. If it is real, there is no way that the media will believe it if the fringe sites like Godlike Productions can't even believe it now as a community. We're twice as far from media attention. If it's not real, it won't matter because even fringe sites like Godlike Productions can't even believe it now as a community. So what's the point of pressing it anyway?

What's the point???? Entertainment, people! This # is fun. We're all trying to be right when we are all wrong for pushing this subject anyway!

Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You are Right On, kinglizard!

I have wasted a lot of time following this thing and their is conflicting info everywhere. Too bad the kids are out of school. I'm sure it adds to the confusion.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by AsmoDeus]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
the more perturbed I am about the original thread being locked. Maybe they should lock my last thread where I talked about Bigfoot a camera and a gun, because, and I'm ashamed to admit it.... I really don't know if Bigfoot exists, so I knowingly brought up a false statement. Please read my new thread... Hairy tall smelly furry biped a camera and a gun.

(Well that sounds like I'm stalking Ron Jeremy...) But anyway...

Is ATS getting stingy on points? Why was the thread hard to navigate? You just click the double right arrows and read the most recent page. That's no different that starting this thread. Maybe someone wanted to horn in on points? Is 90,000 not enough?

Come on... It's a BS reason to shut that thread down. You want to talk about hard to navigate? How about 850+ posts over two threads instead of one? If you want to curtail postings, make us write in Haiku.

You can claim no more truth in that hoax posting as you can in any other AB posting. If you want truth and proof, lock the thing down at 12:00 AM on June 19th.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtjockey the more perturbed I am about the original thread being locked.
Maybe this helps: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtjockey
the more perturbed I am about the original thread being locked. Maybe they should lock my last thread where I talked about Bigfoot a camera and a gun, because, and I'm ashamed to admit it.... I really don't know if Bigfoot exists, so I knowingly brought up a false statement. Please read my new thread... Hairy tall smelly furry biped a camera and a gun.

(Well that sounds like I'm stalking Ron Jeremy...) But anyway...

Is ATS getting stingy on points? Why was the thread hard to navigate? You just click the double right arrows and read the most recent page. That's no different that starting this thread. Maybe someone wanted to horn in on points? Is 90,000 not enough?

Come on... It's a BS reason to shut that thread down. You want to talk about hard to navigate? How about 850+ posts over two threads instead of one? If you want to curtail postings, make us write in Haiku.

You can claim no more truth in that hoax posting as you can in any other AB posting. If you want truth and proof, lock the thing down at 12:00 AM on June 19th.

Here here!!

It is rather amsuing to say that false statements are not allowed on a Conspiracy Theory board especially!!!

It's like saying you are only allowed to put forward one side of a story - the CORRECT side!!

In all seriousness, we will only really know, as you said dirtjockey, if it is false when we are at the end of the month and nothing has happened.

The thread was the discussion of another thread on another board, the thread was not started with a false statement, if I recall the author was bringing to our attention an article he had read on bushcountry.com?

Are we saying that he is lying and did not actually read this!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join