It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer ordered to pay up over 'AIDS-like' virus infections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Pfizer ordered to pay up over 'AIDS-like' virus infections

rawstory.com

In what is being hailed as a major victory for workers in the biotech and nanotech fields, a former scientist with pharmaceutical firm Pfizer has been awarded $1.37 million for being fired after raising the alarm over researchers being infected with a genetically engineered "AIDS-like" virus.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Becky McClain, a molecular biologist from Deep River, Connecticut, filed a lawsuit against Pfizer in 2007, claiming she had been wrongly terminated for complaining about faulty safety equipment that allowed a "dangerous lentivirus" to infect her and some of her colleagues.

The Hartford Courant describes the virus as "similar to the one that can lead to acquired immune deficiency syndrome, or AIDS." Health experts testified that the virus has affected the way McClain's body processes potassium, which they say causes McClain to suffer complete paralysis as often as a dozen times per month, the Courant reports.

McClain's lawsuit (PDF) asserted that Pfizer had interfered with her right to free speech, and that she should have been protected from retaliation by whistleblower legislation.

This is so scary. I think we can safely say that the man-made creation of diseases and viruses like AIDS can not be called a conspiracy anymore. The pharmaceutical monster knows no moral standards. It does everything in the name of profitability.

I don't want to be a Doctor Doom, but it cannot be denied that our world is rapidly deteriorating in every aspect.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Post removed by Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Yeah, this doesn't come as much of a surprise. I remember reading a book that said HIV started in much the same way during some Polio vaccinations in Africa. This kind of thing happens quite often. It's a little unnerving because the government has far more potent viruses than this one, such as Smallpox.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Ugh, this whole article makes me sick. Too big to get in trouble eh? I cannot believe this. my fave quote

If we prosecute Pfizer ... a lot of the people who work for the company who haven't engaged in criminal activity would get hurt.
--Mike Loucks, federal prosecutor

Sure as hell though if I'm a participant in a ponzi pyramid scheme, even though I don't know it, I am at risk of being prosecuted. Especially if I suggest it to my friends and family as an investment opportunity. Even if I am unaware that it is a scheme, friggin unbelievable.

Why is every big company that has the most opportunity to do good and change the world try to kill everyone and get paid to do it.

By April 2005, when Bextra was taken off the market, more than half of its $1.7 billion in profits had come from prescriptions written for uses the FDA had rejected.

Burn them at the stake heartless bastards.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Health experts testified that the virus has affected the way McClain's body processes potassium, which they say causes McClain to suffer complete paralysis as often as a dozen times per month, the Courant reports.

link

That is some nasty business ....... complete paralysis , must be frightening !

================================================

Modern pharmacology has given us some wondrous advancements in healthcare and life extension ..... but

The potential for serious calamity dangles overhead .... our collective 21st Century sword of Damocles.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
hey all, feel damn sorry for the woman, though totally unsuprised by the infromation, its commonplace knowledge of how unsavoury big pharma is, as im sure all who are on this site should know lol, tis an alternative media source afterall.
Here's something that could be interesting to a few, who havent seen it before, check it out, a link to quite a revealing documentary, here's the overview with the link below. enjoy, or should i say jus be horrified, i know i was after it.

You will meet a number of highly reputable scientists who all agree that HIV doesn’t cause AIDS, including Dr. Peter Duesberg, who was the first scientist to map the genetic structure of retroviruses. He is joined by Nobel Prize winners Dr. Kary Mullis and Dr.Walter Gilbert, along with Dr. David Rasnick, an expert in the field of protease inhibitors.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

In my eyes not the most unreliable people to listen to, by all rights they should know what theyr talking about, i have 3 years experience in the medical lab industry (blood processing, testing etc) and diagnosis of HIV has quite ominous parallels to whats referred to as CMV, nearly half the average given blood collected is CMV positive at a usual donor session, but the thing is this that CMV has been in human populations so long that it does virtually nothing, except to the very young or very old, in which if someone who's in that criteria gets a transfusion they will exhibit cold/flu symptoms only though they will be classed as CMV positive then for the rest of theyr natural life, would be very easy to use this latent virus as a marker only to diagnose more innocent people into the cash machine known as HIV/AIDS.
peace

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
Ugh, this whole article makes me sick. Too big to get in trouble eh? I cannot believe this. my fave quote

If we prosecute Pfizer ... a lot of the people who work for the company who haven't engaged in criminal activity would get hurt.
--Mike Loucks, federal prosecutor

You could wonder why we still have a judicial system. Be it banks or big pharmaceuticals, they can commit crimes as our whole system is rotten and corrupt to the bone. The richest corporations decide who shall be punished or not.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Either a corporation is "too big to fail" or it's "too big to nail".

This really says so much about what is really going on in this country. If you think the corporations or the government that lets them run rampant cares at all about you then the above statements pretty much debunk that.

The banks, which are run by a cartel, and the car companies, were too big to fail and Pfizer(throw in Monsanto, even though not mentioned, for good measure) is too big to nail.

As I see it, the banks run the government, the government now owns the car industry and Big Pharma can just do whatever it wants with no repercussions. Since it was the insurance agencies that wrote and gave us the magnificent health care bill we now have, I guess they have their say in how to run the government also.

I'm not sure who is really running this government but it sure isn't the people we elected.

Corporatism? Fascism? Aren't they one and the same? Does it matter what you call it?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think this runs with the nature of the vaccine business. When you're creating vaccines you're going to be using dead-viruses. So I think they even talked about replicating some of the swine-flu viruses like when they wanted to study it a while back ago. So... this to me is more of the nature of the game.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Why is this lady only being awarded $1.37mm for something so horrible. Meanwhile some obese black lady gets awarded $12mm because she got fired for supposedly being black, even though she was unskilled and making only $40k a year?

Lawyers?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
EXCELLENT find!
S&F

Hope they nail Pfizer. ...This stuff happens way too often - and none of us are immune - or protected. In fact, [stifle rant rave].

Hopefully, the case will bring similar travesties out of the closet.

Gotta say it again - great find!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Its becuase of things like this, i have ZERO, nada, NO faith in corporations or our medical industrys to date.
What ide like to know, is what products are sold directly linked to Pziefer. I refuse to ever buy them ever again, and tell others not too. is their a list or someone here know of any Pziefer products?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
What ide like to know, is what products are sold directly linked to Pziefer.

You can start here:

www.pfizer.com...
www.pfizer.com...

www.pfizer.com...
www.wyeth.com...
www.wyeth.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have a mysterious disease variously known as CFIDS (chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome), ME (myalgic encephalomyelitis), ME (myalgic encephalopathy), and of course CFS -- chronic fatigue syndrome.

Its history is long and convoluted. The book Osler's Web: Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fagigue Syndrome Epidemic was written in the 1990s by the journalist Hillary Johnson. (I haven't read the book myself. My library doesn't have it, and, thanks to CFIDS, I'm kind of penniless. But I have read excerpts.) The following quote about the book is from Ms. Johnson's site, but I think it's fair to say this an accurate representation of the response of the CFIDS community to the book:

'A decade ago, Osler's Web was described by one reviewer as "a relentless, meticulous and highly persuasive expose by a journalist who spent nine years investigating the medical research establishment's failure to take seriously chronic fatigue syndrome."'

www.oslersweb.com

I also find the site of the National CFIDS Foundation -- www.ncf-net.org -- to be quite informative, as well as their newsletter.

At the present, I am on disability. I did not ask for disability; I was put on it by my my workplace. Financially, this has put my family in a great big hole that must be pretty close to poverty, in terms of what we have left to spend after trying to pay our bills, which is close to nothing.

I think it's fair to say that most of the serious researchers of this disease believe it to be caused by a virus. And yes, there are a lot of "researchers" -- whom I refuse to take seriously -- who insist it's caused by more mundane things, ranging from "stress: to psychological problems. Please, if you want to argue this point with me, read Osler's Web. That story is precisely what the book is about. Their very insistence has made me particular suspicious about where the hell this disease came from. My father worked as a physician for the VA, and I grew up on different posts, from Anniston, Alabama, to Nashville and then Memphis, Tennessee.

The CFIDS story -- really, a saga -- is too long and complicated for me to go into here and now (perhaps due to my abnormally short attention span?). Sorry.

I'm pretty sure there are thousands upon thousands of other folks out there who are sick just like I and my daughter are, who cannot find any really successful medical help. (We do have a really good doctor. But until this thing is identified, I don't expect to see a cure, or even a really effective treatment, coming down the pike.)

Personally, I would like very much to make contact with other sufferers or physicians, scientists or researchers who are interested or knowledgeable about CFIDS. For myself, I don't yet know how to go about the kind of research needed to find leads on where CFIDS may have come from.

I'm new at this posting business, so please don't jump all over me! I know there's a way to post links that work, but if I go and try to find that now, this post will never get posted. I've written a number of posts that have just never gotten posted because of similar concerns. So, once again, sorry.

This may be an inappropriate place for this post. If that is so, another sorry.

That's all I can manage right now.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEsmokefrog
You will meet a number of highly reputable scientists who all agree that HIV doesn’t cause AIDS, including Dr. Peter Duesberg, who was the first scientist to map the genetic structure of retroviruses. He is joined by Nobel Prize winners Dr. Kary Mullis and Dr.Walter Gilbert, along with Dr. David Rasnick, an expert in the field of protease inhibitors.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

You may know that HIV/AIDS has been linked to prions - which hitchhike on viruses. Here's one article looking at the association.

...The identification of a common sphingolipid-binding motif in gp120, PrP, and β-amyloid peptide underscores the role of lipid rafts in the pathogenesis of HIV-1, Alzheimer and prion diseases ...

...conformational changes in prion, Alzheimer and HIV-1 proteins may occur in lipid rafts under the control of specific sphingolipids.

Identification of a common sphingolipid-binding domain in Alzheimer, prion and HIV-1 proteins.

Seems clear to me that cover stories routinely are created to explain the pandemic of modern disease caused by prions and other "protein misfolding" and "conformational disorders."

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Why would they create an AIDS like virus that can "affect the way the body processes potassium, which may cause complete paralysis as often as a dozen times per month"?

Is this news for real?

Kind of spooky if it is true.

top topics

join