It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Political Madness Escalates: Sean Hannity...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is no different then bashing on Beck (sick twisted freak) without actually listening to the guys program, just small snippets. Get some Context people. Anyone who has listened to Hannity would know the context on that statement.

People who bash fox news without bashing the rest of the media outlets, have a few screws to tighten.

You cant just say Fox is bad without admitting CNN, MSNBC and the rest arnt.

Context context context.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pointedstick
He was referring to comments from the radical left who call the tea party McVey Wannabes.

Are you certain?

What is the context of his words that would bring you to that conclusion?

If that were true, there would be several very simple and succinct ways to indicate such sentiment so as to avoid confusion.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Simply watch and listen to his show more and you will have all the context you need about that statement.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Isnt it meant sarcastically since the left has been trying to connect the tea-party-movement to hate-groups and militias?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

we are no where left as we have gone right. the country moved to the center from being on the far right. if we were far left, one would see more bills for workers rights, environment, etc....

link   
Skeptic,

people are interested in a manner of speaking, but they are so far in debt, and caught up in the Rat Race they are not sure how to go about it.

Getting back to our original hypothesis, divide and conquer.

Keep the masses occupied with whatever flavor works, for that particular group , then easily conquer them, or actually they conquer themselves.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

The madness is pervasive across the politicians and pundits of both "party" lines.

The money and effort being expended to divide and rile the American public is staggering... and it seems as though no one is interested in exposing the problem.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Realtruth]

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yeah, that is definitely troublesome, but another thing i caught in the video was that Hannity hints at the notion that we don't need a third party because the Repubs now have all the answers. IMO, a third party is the answer.

Yeah no Repubs voted for the bills he mentioned that were passed by the Obama admin, but the Repubs don't have solutions either, they just spew these ideas about Reagan and our country's shapers. We the ideas are good and are what we need to get back to, but they don't have any substance to go with the ideas... they don't have a strategy. They haven't found their way. And even if they did, I'm almost certain it wouldn't by "the way" for the American people, it would only be "the way" that isn't "the way" of the Obama admin. Which solidifies the case for the third party.

And then they talk about actually listening to the American people. Well, we will see how long that lasts.... once it begins. They are just feeding off of the anger of the American people right now. That is "their way".

IMO, I don't see us moving in the direction we need to be going without a third party. And even with a third party, there is no guarantee, because infiltration is so easily accomplished. And the public is dumb as a whole.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Unfortunately, Obama insists on feeding the madness rather than starve it.

The madness is pervasive across the politicians and pundits of both "party" lines.

The money and effort being expended to divide and rile the American public is staggering... and it seems as though no one is interested in exposing the problem.

I realized the problem because of one major thing.

During the BUSH admin, anyone who disagreed was told "If you don't like it than get out of the country!"

And then now during Obama, they said the SAME thing! "If you don't like it than get out of the country!"

But, these people are total opposites. Once I saw them acting the same, I knew it was brainwashing or something like that.

Once I realized how they were controlled through the same mental mechanisms, I couldn't help but reply to them in jest and with heavy sarcasm.

And yet they still don't care, or get it. I bet they are just so smug and happy with themselves, they dont CARE what we say. They refuse to consider it.

This is a trait shared by both Republicans AND Democrats in their political arguments.

Of course we are all guilty of these things, but the political establishment has caused these "extremists" to take their party so seriously and hard core, that they will destroy anyone in their path to make sure their agenda is fulfilled.

They don't care if they have to lie cheat steal or kill to get what they want. This is the problem.

They care more about themselves and THEIR agenda , than their fellow countryman who probably does not care about politics, for obvious reasons.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
Get some Context people.

I've forced myself to listen on occasion... just as I force myself to watch Bill Maher and others.

And in my opinion, the context is purposefully blurred.

There are plenty examples of articulate and intelligent people who are able to speak in public such that familiarity with prior context or statements are not required. I believe Mr. Hannity poses the savviness and intelligence of that type of person, but just like all other popular contemporary pundits, chooses to selectively blur and obfuscate context for sensationalist effect.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Perhaps Hannity realizes how oblivious these people are and he made the comment to amuse himself and his colleagues.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pointedstick
He was referring to comments from the radical left who call the tea party McVey Wannabes.

Are you certain?

What is the context of his words that would bring you to that conclusion?

If that were true, there would be several very simple and succinct ways to indicate such sentiment so as to avoid confusion.

I am certain. I listen to this guy on the radio because someone snapped my antenna off on my car and I only get one local station which features this guy's show. He's been using Reid and Pelosi's own terms from the health care debates last year regularly, sarcastically and derisively.

Unfortunately, whoever is spreading this clip around is taking advantage of the lack of context to confuse people such as yourself into thinking he's inciting violence. He's not and it's all sarcasm. I encourage you to dig deeper than the presented soundbite.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

chooses to selectively blur and obfuscate context for sensationalist effect.

That is EXACTLY what is going on.

And his mentioning of McVey is subliminal programming!!!

Or like the guy above me said, as some sort of pompous inside joke.

Either way, he is not exactly a "cool guy" however you break it down.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Sorry, I see this differently, in that i believe one "side' to be way more guilty than the other.
I think that the old PTB stuff is benefiting only the Republicans. Under Bush and his cronies this nation was looted to the point of bankruptcy, THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED in our history. The Republicans instituted the greatest transfer of wealth in history, from the middle class to the very rich.
THIS is the real conspiracy in my view, the Republicans have proven themselves capable of anything to regain power, they care nothing about this country, The Constitution or it's citizens, ONLY about money.
THAT is what is really going on, the NWO, the PTB are just distractions to keep us fighting phantoms while the rich rob us to the point of destruction, right under our noses. And we let them.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
He's not and it's all sarcasm.

Oh so it's sarcasm now?

So it's cool to be sarcastic and make a joke about hundreds of AMERICANS DYING??

Is it funny that little kids got crushed and blown to pieces ???

Real Funny Huh Mr Hannity.

See, no matter what he means by it, no matter how you spin it. Hes gonna look bad. I guess such is the fate of liars and con men.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Oh so it's sarcasm now?

So it's cool to be sarcastic and make a joke about hundreds of AMERICANS DYING??

Is it funny that little kids got crushed and blown to pieces ???

Real Funny Huh Mr Hannity.

See, no matter what he means by it, no matter how you spin it. Hes gonna look bad. I guess such is the fate of liars and con men.

Yes, it is sarcasm. Remember, this term originated from Pelosi herself last year in trying to dismiss legitimate political objection during the health care debates. That is far more offensive to me than a talk show host using it in jest.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
As long as we have an extremist majority (either republican or democrat) in control of government there is no hope for this "political psychosis" as you put it to end.

Hannity is a public figure that represents one of the extremes.

America has moved too far left, from the right, meanwhile corrupt corporate lobbyists and special interests have gained even more from this.

Too far left...really? Its obviously partisan comments like that, that detract from the point of your entire post.

It is a two headed monster, there is no left or right.
Woody Wilson got us into it FDR established it. Obama's policy's with the exceptions of health care are exactly the same as Bush.

Will we get out of it I believe yes. As they stir the pot people are waking up more and more to the tyranny and injustice. Now there starting to reach across religious, color, and political barriers to see what we all have in common. Eventually it will gel into a more unified movement. I mean you couldn't even have imagined this stuff in the early 90s

link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Isnt it meant sarcastically since the left has been trying to connect the tea-party-movement to hate-groups and militias?

I believe the statement, as spoken, is meant (perhaps calculated) to be provocative.

To your point: I think there is a connection. History has shown us that "militias" are typically angry/outraged ultra-conservatives. The origins of the "Tea Party" are laudable, but has been all-too-often hijacked by angry/outraged ultra-conservatives... the militia demographic.

Back to the statement: A responsible and ethical pundit would have said, "...like these people here, who AREN'T Tim McVeigh wannabees..." That's a stronger, more productive, more efficient statement that more clearly shows appreciation for the crowd and more effectively refutes the left-side rhetoric. But no, he opted for a statement that he knew would be provocative and further incite knee-jerk madness.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It's beginning to become clear that this so called "political madness" is derived from the right wing -- mostly republican conservatives.

As you pointed out, the saddest part about all this, is that it's being spurred on and encouraged by the republican party and right wing pundits.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
I encourage you to dig deeper than the presented soundbite.

I have.

Please see my comments here.

It would have been exceptionally simple to modify his statement, very slightly, to be so much more clear... both in appreciating the crowd, and poking the left. Instead, he went for provocative and instigative.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Knee jerk madness is what makes everyone bicker over BS.

This is what ties us up and wastes our time.

That allows the criminals to get yet another step ahead.

If life is a race, they are making us lose the race because of this pointlessness.

I think that is the entire point of "Political Pundits" existence these days. Isn't it??

To waste our time and turn our brains to mush. And try to provoke us into fighting with everyone lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join