It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaw-dropping paramoralism: "It's Not Pedophilia If the Boys Were Post-Pubescent"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo
reply to post by Loki Lyesmyth

Two words...

PHYSICAL castration !!

I have it on good authority that two bricks will do the job quite nicely...

Wow, you scare me more than those priests. I don't care what somebody has done, you don't get to torture them. That "eye for an eye" BS is what breeds this type of sub-human mentality in the first place. These priests need serious psychological and emotional help, not physical abuse.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Hemisphere

Are there any non-paedophile priests in the RC church?

Yes, of course there are.

Thing is though, the 'lumping together' is so, because apart from there being a significantly higher proportion of these slime paedophiles posing as good people within the RC church, the vast majority of the non-paedophile priests (and nuns for that matter) actively aids and abets the paedophiles by covering the crimes up, and not speaking out against them.

So really, the child rapist and the conspirators who hide it are all as guilty as each other.

That's why there's the 'lumping together'.

Spikey, I mostly agree with you. You know there are issues of conscience aplenty in this. I remember back in my (public) high school, the mid 70's, and no not 1870's, it was well known by students and teachers that there were male teachers, some married, that were openly dating and bedding their female students. A number of these "couples" were seen lunching openly on school days at a local restaurant owned by a former teacher of the school district. We're talking men in their late 20's/early 30's with 16 year olds. We often saw these "couples" drive out of the school parking lot together. I personally heard one of the girls involved bragging openly that she was served alcohol at these lunches without being proofed.

The number of teachers involved was small. The number of students was small. The issue was both hinted at and openly discussed within the school and between students and teachers. The wife of one of the men taught in this very same school while this was happening. They later divorced. The wife was my French teacher. (Don't go there!) Yet, with a large number of fellow teachers knowing first hand or having heard the rumors, no investigation or stoppage of the behavior(s) were implemented. And as you might imagine, like something out of bad movie, one of the male teachers involved eventually married one of those then minor girls. These were not people a couple years apart. This was a 30 something and a teenager. Married just months after her graduation. I suppose that made it socially acceptable. Not to me mind you.

They still live in our town. The guy is still in the school system although must surely be approaching retirement. I've softened somewhat to their cheesy deal. If she was an adult I would thought nothing of it. 15 or 20 years apart? Who cares as long as you're both adults when you hook up? One might argue what does a year or two matter? When one person is in a position of power over the other it makes all the difference. My opinion, although I think it's widely accepted.

Here's a little aside I think you'll enjoy. I had to coach their son in soccer about 12 years ago. The son was a good kid and the parents were from my vantage point good parents and an apparently normal couple aside from the now clearly obvious age disparity. And no I never told the son "Hey, your mom and I went to high school together and your dad taught us both!" But it does go through your mind. That would have been a rather cruel thing for a practicing Catholic to say. But my wife and I had a couple good laughs over that.
Life goes on and you hope everyone's delivers a "and they lived happily ever after" ending. Should this relationship have been nipped in the bud decades earlier? All I can say is I'm glad I was not another teacher in the school with that knowledge.

There is no excuse for not speaking out when these instances occur. Why were the other teachers silent? Dozens of moral, good hearted, bright, dedicated educators said nothing. One can imagine the reasoning but as I said no reasons were valid excuses. My point is people are constantly bombarded with issues of conscience that challenge and threaten the good they do in their lives. I can imagine it's just that way for good people within the Church too. We all would like to imagine that we would risk our career, family, friendships, reputation and even our lives at just the hint of impropriety. Yet we see over and over that this is extremely difficult for many. I can only imagine the difficulty that a priest or nun has in bucking the system that they believe in. They have been indoctrinated to believe that the Church is always under attack from evil. If they've never encountered the wrongful acts first hand, what more would they think?

I think in most life issues there are shades and levels of involvement. I think a lot of the clergy have only rumor and innuendo to go on. We never saw any of this at our former parish although it was in our diocese. The former bishop was involved in covering up. I took my family out of the Church a couple years ago. These pedophile scandals were among my reasons. It was not easy mind you. We had to choose between all the good things that we were able to do and experience within the parish. Parishes and individual Catholics do much good in their communities. We found other outlets once we left but again it's not a pleasant experience leaving. It's hard to change course half way through your life. But you live through it and you move on. I have no regrets with what I did before or what I'm doing now. I feel fortunate to be very much the same person I was before leaving Church. We feel rather fortunate to see things from the outside now.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Hemisphere]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Can we and have we all come to agree that the crime was rape? We can throw out age altogether as far as I'm concerned if it gets us all to recognize that these acts were crimes.

Thanks to all those helping to clarify the psyche terms. The closet pedophiles can remain in their closets. Now back to the rapist priests and their creepy mouthpiece Donohue.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I mean, yes pedophilia is one of the nastiest things of depraved people, really, but im pretty sure that not only catholic priests have been involved, other religions, protestants, Muslims, every religion. The problem is not the religion itself is those depraved people who hide behind a holly figure.

I also have seen how people bash and bash systematically the Catholic religion as well as Islamic religions. Why always satanize the faiths and no the people who are actually commiting sex crimes.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by Republican08

Anyone, and I mean anyone that molests young children should be in jail.

sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. cho-mo's shouldn't just be put in jail, they should be castrated first!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'd like to apologize to Mr. Donahue.

As a gay "Lolita", I was ignorant of my innocent 12yr old charm.

I was blissfully unaware of my power.

Little did I know I could sway the resolve to his vows of the committed man of God, gay or straight.

I would have avoided any contact, had I known the peril to his immortal soul.

May I be forgiven?

Ex

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I always heard that in The End Times
there would be false prophets,
it just never struck me till now
that the Pope would be one of them!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So What if Pedophilia is not the 100% correct name for it........

What does matter is if it were me that was accused I'd be labeled the worst sex offender the planet has ever seen & would never see sunlight again!!!! and quite rightly so!!!!!! 200 boys????

Who has rule over the Vatican??? who has the power to stop this evil cult????

Please tell me they can't do what ever they want and get away with it because god over ruled it.

turning a blind eye makes them just as evil...

the biggest Evil cult the world has ever seen.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

If it's not the Church destroying and preying on children, it's other high-level government officials carrying out the abuse, and then covering up for each other as in this recent case which has been discussed on abovetopsecret before.

Links attached

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I will keep posting these videos over and over until something is done to the perpetrators, this has got to stop. If anyone should find these videos offensive, I make no apology, my advice is 'get your head out of the sand and wake up to what is going on around you, and then do something about it".

These children can not speak for, or defend themselves against these predators, so it is up to the public to take action.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by kiwitina948]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I must ask the question, if it was your child who had suffered at the hands of these predators, would you still be so flippant in admonishing them?

People who 'softly-softly' them are just as guilty of the offence, and are also helping to keep it all covered-up. BRING IT OUT IN THE OPEN.

Physical Castration has got to be a good start to prevent these ongoing abuses. In my book you are either in support of the predators, or you are against them.

I personally know of several people who were abused by the 'elders' of the church, and also people who were deemed to be 'wards of the state' after their parents had both died at the same time and they were then institutionalized in psychiatric hospitals as there were no other organisations to place them in the care of. These children were then systematically abused on a daily basis, every day, knowing what was coming, every day, not wanting to be alive anymore, every day, knowing that nobody was going to come and save them from this abuse, every day, knowing that they would not be believed if they told anyone. "The Church wouldn't do things like that!!!!" YEAH RIGHT.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by kiwitina948]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Kind of interesting to think what all of this means for belief in the Christian God.

These are supposed to be the holiest, most devoted and intrinsically spiritual people of the Christian religion.

If the most spiritual members of a religion cannot control their dark and seedy human desires - what's the point of pursuing Christendom at all?

Considering those of us in the flock, who are supposed to just follow the words of the Shepherds will never be as devoted and faithful as these spiritual leaders...

All of Christendom is screwed.

Good.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
post pubescent isn't pedophilia

en.wikipedia.org...

It's Hebephilia, and I could say that I am a hebephile, like Wooderson from Dazed and Confused put it: "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

-grin-

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Well that is amazing. So we must blame the gays for thisfine state of abuse then. Ok End of the problem (Sarcastic tone). Mind you there is tar and feather available for these priests. The Nerve of them lapdog!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Hello,
Just my two cents...

I learned long ago that when a suspect is being questioned and if the suspect is later found to be lying, his first line of defense (denial) is to point the finger at anyone else. When they are in fact found guilty, they try to justify themselves. "Well, I was abused when I was twelve." That doesn't mean it's OK!!!

12 year-olds can now consent? This is one cycle that better get broken!!!!

[edit on (4/2/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Actually if you understood Christianity you would know that the exact opposite is true. All men all women our capable of failure and that is why if you're Christian faith lies in Christ not in human beings.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I could not agree more. But we need to break the entire cycle.
The ACLU in conjunction with planned parenthood have been in the courts for years trying to lower the age of consent. After we are done cleaning up the Church we better start on them because they have access to every child in America.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by rick1]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The disintegration of Catholicism is certainly occurring before our eyes. Long term, it will mean freedom of thought and religion for millions of brainwashed people throughout the world. It is simple spiritual incompetence to hire and army of pseudo religions individuals and expect them to function above their karma. True Religion does not need or want an army or salesmen, manipulators and seducers. Yet another example of why the Catholic Church has no relationship to spiritual whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
being gay is against the church, and they can't have people that want to disobey the church

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ok, so we can safely say they aren't pedophiles because th kids were over 12. but that doesn't mean they're kiddy fiddling. at the end of the day, if you were back to being 12 i doubt you'd be sleeping with a priest on the offchance you were k. not pedophilia, but they're still taking advantage of a minor

i'm catholic, but there's no way on god#s green earth i'd condone s**t like htis, far as i'm concerned, anyone caught taking advantage of an underage teen should be castrated. obviously if its a 17yr old wit a 16 yr old boundaries need to be created, but blatant abuse needs to be addressed asap.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterall

why are you correcting this.
It is still a 12 or 13 year old boy/girl.
They do not have the insight nor ability to escape such a situation should it arise (especially if they are deaf)
To me, that is pedophilia. Pedo means kids...12 and 13 year olds are KIDS in my book.
either way, the church and priests responsible should be burned at the stake for these disgusting acts.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join