It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaw-dropping paramoralism: "It's Not Pedophilia If the Boys Were Post-Pubescent"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Oh can we get over this subject already. I think it is like less than 1% of all priest have this problem, it is more of a Catholic Church bashing and people wanting to collect lawsuit money than anything else.
Far more of a problem with CPS workers, teachers, government officials, but you don't hear about that do ya.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by crusaderiam]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by crusaderiam

Thanks for the clarity. But people just love to hate for some reason. The ONLY reason this comes up is because the left wants to break the church because of their stance on abortion. It has nothing to do with hurting kids. If it did they would have the same major investigation into our schools.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by crusaderiam

"The Murphy report stated that, "The Commission has no doubt that clerical child sexual abuse was covered up by the Archdiocese of Dublin and other Church authorities". It found that, "The structures and rules of the Catholic Church facilitated that cover-up." Moreover, the report asserted that, "State authorities facilitated that cover-up by not fulfilling their responsibilities to ensure that the law was applied equally to all and allowing the Church institutions to be beyond the reach of the normal law enforcement processes."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Let's just say Bill Donohue is right.

That means:

1. The Catholic Church, which officially bans homosexuals in the priesthood, has been allowing homosexuals to serve as priests.
2. The priests are not pederasts, but are (statutory) rapists as the boys in question are under the age of consent.
3. The Catholic Church has been covering up gay priests committing statutory rape.

How does this make the Church look better?

I'm sure this will be followed by "This is why gays can't be allowed in the priesthood!" Which ignores the fact that the current pope and other Church leaders not only turned a blind eye to the rapes, but actively covered the incidents up AND moved the offending priests to other parishes so they had fresh teen boys to rape.

Bill Donohue: Defender of the Faith FAIL.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by mothershipzeta]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rick1

Are you catholic? Because that sounds like some really crazy rationalization lol. I share the same stance on abortion as the catholic church but hold the same opinion on the catholic church as those lefties you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well, hopefully we can use this as evidence to either A) Severely limit the churches power and put them under an all seeing eye, or my personal favorite B) Kill/lynch/imprison Bill Donahue.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick1
reply to post by Republican08

If you are willing to do some research you will find our school system has a much worse record on child abuse. The school system is run by liberals as is the media and they will and have done everything in their power to cover it up.

www.americanthinker.com...

Relevance?

Because it happens in schools, we should allow it to happen in churches?

"THEY DO IT TOO!" is not a valid defense.

The Catholic Church aided and abetted child rape. And the current pope (in his previous position) threatened excommunication of anyone who went to the police.

Clean up your own backyard, then you can speak with moral authority.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon
reply to post by rick1

Are you catholic? Because that sounds like some really crazy rationalization lol. I share the same stance on abortion as the catholic church but hold the same opinion on the catholic church as those lefties you're talking about.

I thought moral relativism was supposed to be bad...apparently when the faithful practice it, it's holy.

It's almost like they think those boys (and some girls) were blessed to have been raped by a member of the clergy.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

I am Catholic. I went to Catholic school. My priest was a saint. Most are I'm sure. It saddens me that many are not.

I don't think saying its the fault of the "Gays" though is justification...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat

Originally posted by Parallex
Religion breeds paedophilia. As long as someone will always 'forgive you your sins', religious people will continue to carry out evil with the knowledge that they wont have to suffer for it.

It's about time religion died. Period.

Parallex.

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHRISTIANITY is one of few religions that threat sex as a sin. Therefore, religion does not "breed paedophilia".

Your comment is somewhat small-minded and unintelligent.

Christianity breeds paedophilia just as much as any other religion. Protestant / Anglican Christianity is just as bad, it just hasn't hit the news yet. I can't wait to see the look on fundies faces when it DOES hit the news in this way. I think you'll get quite annoyed wont you?

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

FAIL for sure! LOL you crack me up and your dead on with this, either way they are fracked.... no pun intended...

Ok I will Booo myself for that.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki Lyesmyth
reply to post by mothershipzeta

FAIL for sure! LOL you crack me up and your dead on with this, either way they are fracked.... no pun intended...

Ok I will Booo myself for that.

BOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

*LMAO*

Seriously tho, you're both right about this...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i'll never really understand how people stay religious. raised a catholic, i was blasting my church class teachers with questions they (nor the priest) could answer when i was like 12. i dont mean moral questions, but logically disproving every fantastical but impossible thing they tried to tell me. pointed out inconsistencies, etc.

if a 12 year old can do it, i dont understand why fully grown adults can't. this is why i really think religion brainwashes people into via a form of cognitive dissonance.

edit: oh, and these people weren't stupid either. my church teacher was a physicist and a programmer... and id prove him wrong on 'religious physics'. so i really think its just pure brainwashing.

[edit on 4/2/10 by RedDragon]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Wow. Just WOW.

Says the same organization that would rather have millions of children starve and die of disease then even think about passing out contraceptives in the third-world countries. Thats not being humanitarian or a "good christian/catholic", thats ignorance. And to blame it on those they've been demonizing for so long only shows the true face of the church. Its corrupt beyond comprehension!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
this only confirms my suspicions, that the church will never apologize for the wrongdoings they participated in. not to incite violence but good god, these are the kinds of statements that get your house burned down and your family threatened.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What a sick justification for raping little boys. If a boy is prepubescent and gets raped then it's "child rape" and the offender is considered a "pedophile". However if the boy is starting to grow a few pubic hairs and gets raped then it's not longer "Child rape" by a "pedophile" it's "statutory rape" by a "homosexual".
This is being done to shift the focus off of child raping priest and onto the homosexuals. And to add insult to rape they are trying to tell us that because the boy started puberty that it's partly his fault. Catholic priest who rape small boys, with or without pubic hair, are ""Child Rapist" and not "homosexuals". After all they are not raping full grown men instead they are raping little children.
My thirteen year old son said that he would rather spend a day at a gay bar than a day at a catholic church. I asked him why he would say such a thing and he replied "Because I trust gay people"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join