It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaw-dropping paramoralism: "It's Not Pedophilia If the Boys Were Post-Pubescent"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Source

Quote from source:
On Larry King Live last night, professional overzealous defender of the Catholic Church Bill Donohue explained to Sinead O'Connor that it's not pedophilia if the victim is 12 or 13.

See, if the kids were post-pubescent - 12 or 13, according to Bill - then it's not pedophilia anymore, it is homosexuality. And that means it's not the fault of the church, it is the fault of Gays.

(Sinead was there because she wrote a very good editorial about abuses in Ireland that the Vatican was complicit in. It ran in the Washington Post even though O'Connor never once wrote a speech for George W. Bush.)

I wish we could go back in time and have the 1990 cast of Saturday Night Live reenact this video. (Also while we are using this time machine we could maybe stop all those priests who kept molesting children.)

On the source link there is a video from the interview.

Oh, oh, my favorite part

And that means it's not the fault of the church, it is the fault of Gays.

Are you kidding me? their blaming the gays and not the church?
Any way to gay bash I guess. What a joke the Church is and it seems to be falling more and more everyday. WOOHOO!!!

Any thoughts?

Pred...

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You know if any other organization had this record for molesting little boys people would freak, but since it's a religious scenery people aren't as upset.

Any way to gay bash I guess. What a joke the Church is and it seems to be falling more and more everyday. WOOHOO!!!

No kidding right. So much gay blaming lately, it's insane.

I failed my Anthropology exam, but it's not my fault, it was the gays!!!

The world just gets crazier and crazier.

Just incase i'm wrong, is he trying to say this was just a homosexual act and not pedophilia? Because that sounds like he's saying the act was mutual and that these kids wanted to be molested...... which.... ugh.... sorry I threw up all over my keyboard.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I agree, it is as if the church gets a break because they are the church. Anyone, and I mean anyone that molests young children should be in jail. I could care less if it was Obama or if it was a priest.

I agree that the world is getting crazier, but I think it is the influence of the religions out there. I think you would have to be crazy to believe in the stuff they say.

I think they meant it as mutual, which is weird because these were deaf children, I doubt they consented, or why are the trying to file charges?

Whatever...screw religion.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The catholic church is fracturing more and more and more. For some reason that supposed prophesy of each of the popes comes to mind cause I believe there's only like 2 left before the church breaks apart permanently... looks like they forsaw their own downfall

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well, I suppose that by a strict definition, a paedophile likes children & we generally refer to pubescent kids as teenagers. Does it f# matter tho? Its still an adult in a special position of trust using their authority to have sex with an underage person. By any standards its rape of a kid & even worse than just plain kiddy fiddling because of the breach of trust. Disgusting!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Source

Any thoughts?

Yes. People need to spend a little more time becoming familiar with the English language instead of emotionally driven impulses.

Pedophilia is specifically defined as the sexual attraction to PRE-PUBESCENT children.

If the victim is post-pubescent, it may be child rape but it is definitely not pedophilia. Sorry.

pedophilia

psychosexual disorder in which an adult's arousal and sexual gratification occur primarily through sexual contact with prepubescent children.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Afterall]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterall

Source

Any thoughts?

Yes. People need to spend a little more time becoming familiar with the English language instead of emotionally driven impulses.

Pedophilia is specifically defined as the sexual attraction to PRE-PUBESCENT children.

If the victim is post-pubescent, it may be child rape but it is definitely not pedophilia. Sorry.

pedophilia

psychosexual disorder in which an adult's arousal and sexual gratification occur primarily through sexual contact with prepubescent children.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Afterall]

Fair enough, he's not a pedophile, he just likes to 'rape' 'molest' young boys so far as they've got crackly voices and cat fuzz. That makes it much more appropriate eh.

Vatican City, April 2 (IANS/AKI) In a statement targeting the launch of the "abortion pill" in Italy, Pope Benedict XVI has said Christians should not accept laws that protect the "wrong" practice.

mangalorean.com...

Stopping the birthing process early is bad, molesting that which has already been born and terribly emotionally harming a child, is ...... I don't know, just god testing the pope? maybe it's ok? not as bad?

Sorry to have to use this, but instead of pointing fingers at the splinter in your neighbors eye, shouldn't you address the huge log in your own eye?!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Fair enough, he's not a pedophile, he just likes to 'rape' 'molest' young boys so far as they've got crackly voices and cat fuzz. That makes it much more appropriate eh.

Relax a bit. Did you see me defending him anywhere? No, I actually did say it was child rape. I am not trying to make it anything it is not, you are.

My point is that pedophilia is degraded by this. When a 4 year old girl is sodomized, it seems a little unfair to compare that to a 14 year old boy getting rubbed a bit.

I never said one was better than the other, nor did I attempt to defend anything. My point was that words have meaning and when you toss the real meaning of words out the window just to get an emotonal response, then eventually all words lose meaning and rape and pedophilia will no longer matter. They can just mean whatever we want them to at the moment, right? No.

Vatican City, April 2 (IANS/AKI) In a statement targeting the launch of the "abortion pill" in Italy, Pope Benedict XVI has said Christians should not accept laws that protect the "wrong" practice.

mangalorean.com...

Stopping the birthing process early is bad, molesting that which has already been born and terribly emotionally harming a child, is ...... I don't know, just god testing the pope? maybe it's ok? not as bad?

Sorry to have to use this, but instead of pointing fingers at the splinter in your neighbors eye, shouldn't you address the huge log in your own eye?!

I have no clue what this has to do with me pointing out the real definition of a word. This would be that emotional impulse thing I was speaking of. I pointed out that a word means something and you see me defending child molestors? Next I get something about the pill? I am not even going to try reading it again to see if it makes sense. I did not say any of this. I just pointed out that words have definitions. RELAX

[edit on 4/2/10 by Afterall]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
www.natchezdemocrat.com...

Budzinski, now 61, was one of about 200 deaf boys at the St. John’s School for the Deaf just outside Milwaukee who say they were molested by the priest decades ago in a case now creating a scandal for the Vatican and threatening to ensnare Pope Benedict XVI.

200 kids getting molested, seems pretty condemning no?

The Vatican on Thursday strongly defended its decision not to defrock Murphy and denounced what it called a campaign to smear the pope and his aides.

Oh thank god he wasn't defrocked, oooh aaaaah. Oh and 200 people claiming to be molested, psssh just people who want attention and out to get the pope some bad press.

Church and Vatican documents showed that in the mid-1990s, two Wisconsin bishops urged the Vatican office led by Ratzinger to let them hold a church trial against Murphy.

However, Ratzinger’s deputy at the time decided the alleged molestation occurred too long ago and said Murphy — then ailing and elderly — should instead repent and be restricted from celebrating Mass outside of his diocese, according to the documents.

If you think someone has molested 200 children, you decide not even a petty trial is wanted, and you say "Go repent, and uhhh.... don't celebrate mass, there we go all set
".

The Archdiocese of Milwaukee entered mediation in 2004 with a number of people who claimed to have been victimized by priests. The archdiocese has paid compensation to Murphy’s victims, but spokeswoman Julie Wolf would not say how much. Budzinski said he received $80,000.

These were children, not prostitutes!!! Money is taken gratefully, but I'm sure they would've wished the situation hadn't arisen in the first place!

Budzinski said he suspected that Murphy targeted deaf boys whose parents weren’t deaf. Back then, he said, those parents didn’t know how to communicate with their deaf children, so those youngsters were less likely to expose Murphy’s actions.

Well for the sick son of a bitch, he at least thought things through.

While I look around the news sites, people who molested only 1 or 2 children, get around 10-280 years in prison, well that's men, women usually fair around 6 months probation to 100 years prison.

200 children molested, most more than once, equals...... nothing....

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterall

Eh... it's the internet, you took it wrong... and I possibly put it out there wrong.

Just pissed at the Vatican.

Was keeping it still fresh that it's still sick as hell.

I never said one was better than the other, nor did I attempt to defend anything. My point was that words have meaning and when you toss the real meaning of words out the window just to get an emotonal response, then eventually all words lose meaning and rape and pedophilia will no longer matter. They can just mean whatever we want them to at the moment, right? No.

I know you didn't mate, and yeah.

I have no clue what this has to do with me pointing out the real definition of a word.

It had nothing, I was going back to the OP.

RELAX
I'm chill don't worry.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
As I implied above, I agree that the word ought not to be misused. The dirty bastards ought to be in jail anyway. What's a "church court" also? Are we living in the middle ages still?
What I wonder is, as more fingers get pointed at Ratzinger's complicity, how much damage to the catholic church will the cardinals allow? Is there a way to impeach the pope? Or will he just get a peaceful overdose & we'll have a Benedict XVII?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
edited..

[edit on 2-4-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Even if it weren't Pedophilia its still sexual molestation/assault/abuse right? Those are still against the law so its still just as sick, wrong and evil.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
There should be a special place in hell for those who have abused these children whilst hiding behind the almighty church and their powerful legal defense teams, influence over governments and governing bodies, the news media etc.

All are complicit, all should be condemned to that special place in hell.

May they all rot there for eternity.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Technically, it's NOT pedophilia, it would be Hebephilia or Ephebophilia.

Either way, it's still sex with a minor or molestation of a minor. But technically with teens or children who are post-pubescent.

I take a small issue with people using the term pedophile to refer to say, an 18 year old having sex with his 17 year old girlfriend. I do not feel this makes the 18 year old a pedophile. But over-usage of the term "pedophile" makes this scenario just that, and it gets complicated from there.

Anyway, we aren't speaking of girlfriends and boyfriends in teen years, so no matter what, it's not a gay issue. It's a sick creepy priest issue.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Source

Quote from source:
On Larry King Live last night, professional overzealous defender of the Catholic Church Bill Donohue explained to Sinead O'Connor that it's not pedophilia if the victim is 12 or 13.

See, if the kids were post-pubescent - 12 or 13, according to Bill - then it's not pedophilia anymore, it is homosexuality. And that means it's not the fault of the church, it is the fault of Gays.

(Sinead was there because she wrote a very good editorial about abuses in Ireland that the Vatican was complicit in. It ran in the Washington Post even though O'Connor never once wrote a speech for George W. Bush.)

I wish we could go back in time and have the 1990 cast of Saturday Night Live reenact this video. (Also while we are using this time machine we could maybe stop all those priests who kept molesting children.)

www.youtube.com...

The Pope really hates her now.

The real enemy?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

who cares

what a stupid post, sorry

the reality is that the population wont even care about this, because if the pop had a brain they would know that the church is the best place for pedo guys hunt kids, its LOGIC or MATH;

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

who cares

what a stupid post, sorry

the reality is that the population wont even care about this, because if the pop had a brain they would know that the church is the best place for pedo guys hunt kids, its LOGIC or MATH;

Who cares? I am not the one who started a thread just to express my disgust at someone using words the way they are meant to be used. Please see the thread title and OP. It is all nice and good to get upset about a crime against a person and all but you can not just call it any crime you like. If you punch me in the face, can you be tried for murder while I sit there alive? There is a reason that words mean what they do. The OP here seems to have an issue with that.

I am not sure what the rest of your rant is supposed to be saying so whatever.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Fair enough. I am pretty disgusted with the vatican myself. I am even more curious why this happened all over the states over the last decade and is just now making waves all over the place but I am sure it has been building anywhere there is a Catholic diocese.

It just seems to subtract from the argument that what these people did was wrong when we focus on a part of the argument that is actually a winner for them. They can say it is not pedophilia when it is not and unfortunately, they are right. I think it would be better to just remind them it is still child rape and not even bother worrying about what technical spin they want to put on it.

Maybe it is just the fact that I have seen the word "pedophile" used incorrectly here so many times and all I see is it givng the bad guys room to distract you.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by predator0187

Even if it weren't Pedophilia its still sexual molestation/assault/abuse right? Those are still against the law so its still just as sick, wrong and evil.

You can call them Autobots if you like and that doesn't change the fact that they are reprehensible monsters.

Bill Donohue seems to want to write them off as homosexuals and not "child molesters" since he avoids that classification in this segment but I haven't seen the whole thing.

He seems to think that keeping homosexuals out of the church is a solution to prevent child molestation, yet some priests have molested children of the opposite sex so I guess they need to keep heterosexuals out too?

Although I get his point about the literal term pedophilia, it would be nice if he added the "child molester" part into it rather than arguing against labeling them as a pedophile threat when they are truly a homosexual threat.

I don't buy that.

On a side note it was good to see Sinead again!!

Still listen to her old stuff every other day.

- Lee

[edit on 2-4-2010 by lee anoma]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join