It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

guam may tipover video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
ok every single day liberals remind conservatives how stupid we supposedly are...

i think its fair to show the stupidity of liberals.

heres the video:
www.newser.com...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by neo96]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Metaphoric, I think you knew that though.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i think its fair to show the stupidity of liberals.

I saw that on TV. Was he sober ?

I heard the introduction, and I thought he was going to make a point about Guam tipping over to something bad. It is a small island. 8,000 marines and their dependents would drastically change the atmosphere.

But when they played the clip, it was clear to me, I think he meant it literally.

The island might capsize.

Are they taking him out of context or

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Schaden]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Are they taking him out of context or

Is it AN APRIL FOOLS DAY JOKE... ?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This guy really isn't that smart of a guy over all, and from some of the videos I've seen I think he's addicted to pills.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's not like the Admiral's response is any better..."we don't anticipate that"...like it still may happen...but they aren't planning for it. Why didn't he just say..."sir, that can't happen"???

They both seem pretty dumb to me...but so are most people...so I guess they are just two normal people

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Are these people really the best we got? I'm sure positive that stupidity in our government, top to bottom, is widespread. Not just lack of knowledge about certain topics, but flat out stupidity.

I guess it is fortunate for us that out government is basically on cruise control. It doesn't take a genius to take kick backs from corporations and vote the way CEOs want them to.

*cough*revolt*cough*

...and yes he was serious, which is perfectly clear if you watch the entire video of the discussion with a Navy Admiral where he made his "tipping over" remark.

It's not like the Admiral's response is any better..."we don't anticipate that"

"That can't happen" could possible turn into a discussion of the physics of island tippage. It's best not to bog down with ignorant people and just move on. The Admiral handled it very well actually. Don't argue with stupid people, they dont know they are stupid.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I saw this video twice. The first time, I didn't take what he said literally. I guess it didn't come to my mind as a possibility that someone could be this stupid! Plus he talks directly after about issues with the environment. I initially thought this guy was making a metaphor for tipping over the country from an economic and environmental POV. Nope, he's an idiot who thinks that the island will literally tip over and fall into the ocean!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

top topics

join