It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your 2010 Census.... What, again? (Second Census form!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just wanted to add my experience in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation.

And for what it's worth, I heard on NPR today that many are saying that April 1 is the deadline. That is not true. April 1 is a reference date. The information on the form should apply to April 1 (for people who are moving, etc.)

We DIDN'T get a form in the mail because we have a PO Box. We don't get mail at our home. So I looked online and found this page.

If you haven't gotten a form, go there and click on "Questionnaire Assistance Center" in the "Mail Participation Rate" window (lower right).
Then click on "Find a Questionnaire Assistance Center" and fill in your zip code. That will lead you to a place where you can pick up a "Be Counted" form.

This form is a very bare bones form. Name, birthdate, race... I think that's it.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I already recieved a census letter around march 20 and sent it off more than a ago. Now today I recieved a second census form, should I fill it out and send it or just ignore it?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

US Census Spokesperson, Stacy Gimbel

Alexandria, Va.: Hi Stacy, I have received two census forms. I got one two weeks ago, filled it out and sent it back and then received a second one yesterday. I didn't check the address on the first one but the one on the form yesterday had my correct address. Should I fill out both forms and mail them in or just trash this 2nd set?

Stacy Gimbel: Hi Alexandria, you just need to mail back one form, so it sounds like you're good to go. It sounds like you may have received what we call a "replacement questionnaire." Those have started going out this week. We've learned from research that people (thankfully you weren't one of them!) often put their census forms aside thinking they'll get to them later. Unfortunately, sometimes that form gets lost under a pile of other mail and forgotten about. So - we've learned we get a boost in response if we send another form. Thanks for filling yours out! Feel free to toss the other one in a way you're comfortable with.

This answers the OP too.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Not sure what to make of this.

"U.S. Census Tracks Mail, Raising Fears Among Some"

www.informationliberation.com...

The 2010 Census forms arrive this week at 120 million addresses across the country. Each piece of Census mail comes with a unique barcode that lets the U.S. Postal Service and the bureau track individual letters as they travel to and from the bureau. Each time a letter zips through sorting equipment—typically five times between the initial mailing and delivery—it generates data that are fed into a computer system that lets the bureau monitor its progress.

The Census Bureau can check on what letters have been delivered, residents who have changed their addresses, homes and apartments that are unoccupied and who has returned their Census form, all in real time.

...The close monitoring of the mail is giving privacy advocates and others pause. "I would certainly agree it's more invasive of people's privacy," said Rep. Ron Paul, a Texas Republican, who has opposed the Census because it goes beyond a simple headcount, asking residents 10 questions, including names, ages, race and sex. "It's the environment we live in; the government knows every single thing. It just means there is more pressure, and more likelihood, that you are going to be fined by the government." Rep. Paul was the sole "no" vote on a House resolution this month to encourage participation in the 2010 Census. [/ex]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Unless you sign for your letter no one can prove you received it.

They should move this census stuff online already.

Way to go green American Government.

Guess Obama will get an email for this waste of money too.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I got my first one, have a question....
mine has it so I am attesting as to who is living here on April 1, 2010...today....
ummm......is the date different on them or something? I know alot of people have already sent them in, but well, I'm not a prophet, how can I attest to who is living in my household on a future date?

wonder, could they nail you for purjury or something if you send it in early?? what happens if one of your family, like a grown son, decided to move out before april 1st....have you committed a crime?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Read my post at the top of this page. The answers are there.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

not really....
my husband has been bugging me and bugging me to fill the stupid thing out...
....I wouldn't because of that....now, guess I have no excuse...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
mark as 'return to sender'
whats all the fuss about ?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Another ATS member is dealing with this issue as well: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

I haven't sent mine in yet, because the first form specifically asks about people who lived in my household on April 1, 2010. How would I know the answer to that until today? duh. My mail will be picked up tomorrow and my census form will be posted then.

I mention this same thing in a related thread a few weeks back. We're held liable for 'accurate and truthful' information pertaining to specifically April 1, 2010. So I put mine aside until today and then sent it off.... with the words "on April 1, 2010" highlighted.

I can appreciate the stats that come from a census. When I'm looking to travel, or even relocate, I like being able to look online and see the population, age groups, etc., to see if that's the kind of area I would want to go to. What I don't see is each person's name, telephone number, and date of birth.... because it's not necessary. With that said, those parts were left blank on my census.

As far as my race... well my family bloodline history has so many mixes in it, I've lost count. (I'm as 'mutt' as you can get). Since they didn't have an "all of the above" box to check, I left those 2 questions blank as well. We're all part of the 'human race' last I remember.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
To answer the question, I'm in Texas and I have received two so far. The second one came a week after I sent in the first one. I figured I got the second because I had only filled out the section that asks how many people live in my home, but I guess they just got bored over at the census bureau.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join