It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your 2010 Census.... What, again? (Second Census form!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am sitting here staring at my SECOND census form on my desk. I managed to be out just a little earlier than the postal guy, who hands it to me and says 'Everyone's getting another one.'

Whuh?! Is this what untold millions (if not billions) are being spent on- you tax dollars at *cough* work? Ya gotta go thru this nonsense twice? What is (or could be, or might be) going on?

Someone enlighten me, huh?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's easy --

There is no limit to what the government will spend when they want something accomplished.

It cost more than a million to mail the silly postcards that said: The census is coming. It cost another bunch of millions to send the original census. Another few millions for the second postcard that said: Did you get your census? And now, low and behold, another census form in case you missed the first one.

Not to mention the TV ad blitzes, newspaper ads, internet banners, etc.

I would be remiss, however, if on a conspiracy site I did not point out an obvious conspiracy:

Mailing two forms to people will undoubtedly result in duplicate counts.

The benefit to over-counting? Lots and lots of taxpayer money....at a time when states need it and don't care how they get it.

In reality, I highly doubt that there is a fail-safe system in place to remove double forms. People would have to manually enter every address in order to catch duplicates and the rate of human error (especially in the government
) is high.

Since the more minorities and more illegal immigrants there are in a particular area the more money that is allocated, I would imagine we are going to see a surge in these numbers. This, of course, benefits the White House which may be another reason.

Mailing two forms does no good at all because the ones that aren't going to return the form will not no matter how many forms are sent.

Plus, door-to-door census takers will be visiting any address that didn't reply anyway -- so this is all very costly and very redundant for absolutely no benefit to the people. What a shock.

Plus, the higher the illegal immigrant number is on the census tally, the more receptive people will be to immigration reform.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have no clue. I was just listening to the news about the two different forms. One long and one short. The long one has a lot of questions about mental health, etc.
I haven't gotten one yet... Let alone two. Maybe you got mine.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I wouldn't complete the 2nd one, if you already did one. Screw them-just say you didn't get it. They would already have your first one.

Sounds like good old "The Truth Teller" Obama is planning on mixing the numbers up with this one.

We need to stand up to gov't when it is dump and/or acting oddly.

Could you (or anyone that has both) compare them. I bet they did this due to all the hubbub about the "race" question etc.

Poor Obama must be confused as heck trying to anwser that one.

I S&F for you for bring this up to our attention. like the avatar

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Screw them-just say you didn't get it.
Sounds like good old "The Truth Teller" Obama is planning on mixing the numbers up with this one.

So, in your first paragraph, you advise the poster to outright lie. And then mock Obama as a "truth-teller"?

The hypocrisy is amazing!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Careful. There's some identity theft scam going around with the Census.

www.wctv.tv...

Thursday is the final day for U.S. citizens to mail out the forms which come around only once every decade. But a nationwide scam has left some people vulnerable to identity theft.

Scam artists have created fraudulent census forms to try and steal personal information.

Officials say in some cases the criminals have actually switched out the real forms and replaced them with fake ones. This means those who filled out the scam form never got to complete the true survey.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I opened it, and it looks identical. What's REAL interesting is the cover letter:

(BTW- the blue box the letter's typed in didn't show up after I scanned the thing- I'm more interested in what it says than how it looks anyways)

To me? It looks like it says "well, we sent you another in case you didn't fill out the first, so dont bother with this one if you did fill out the first one. Have a nice day, and know your Govt is stupid and just blew your $$ you have to give us."

I can scan the form, too if anyone wants a peek (or at least the first page)

BTW- Edited to add: The cover letter has a date of APRIL FIRST. To have it arrive the same date makes me wonder a LOT.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thursday is the final day for U.S. citizens to mail out the forms which come around only once every decade. But a nationwide scam has left some people vulnerable to identity theft. Scam artists have created fraudulent census forms to try and steal personal information. Officials say in some cases the criminals have actually switched out the real forms and replaced them with fake ones. This means those who filled out the scam form never got to complete the true survey.

Say..... Whuh????

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
[edit on 4/1/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
April Foolery?

I bet it is.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What happens if we dont?
When was the last time they gov listened to US?
So why listen to them?

[edit on 10/13/2009 by Zeta Reticuli]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JenRecluse

April Foolery? I bet it is.

You lose a bet. I can think of a lot of funnier crap to do than this sort of thing. And if it's someone else's idea of a joke- I am sure my mailman would put an absolute hurting on them for making him deliver a buttload of this stuff around again.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Only if you value your freedom, your wealth, and your general happiness.

I love how our government uses scare tactics and intimidation to get their "subjects" to do things. Wasn't there another group that successfully used similar methods? Oh yeah! They're called the Mafia. They'll take your money too

[edit on 1-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is how the Census works. It's how it has worked for several decaded. There are (and have always been) two forms: one called the short form that asks basic questions in order to tally population by age, gender and ethnicity; and a second longer form that asks a variety of questions about housing, employment, occupation, education, etc. The 'long-form' is sent to a random sample of the population based upon population density. It was determined statistically a long time ago that it was unnecessary (and expensive) to have everyone complete the long form. There is nothing new about this or devious. I ran the 1990 Census for a major portion of the Northeast. The individual data is sealed for 72yrs and only published in the aggregate form at the block-group level (approximately 300 or so households).

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Mine's an exact copy of the first, but with this new cover letter. The whole thing raised both eyebrows. I didn't get a more in depth one at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

What's up with a second census form? I haven't sent mine in yet, because the first form specifically asks about people who lived in my household on April 1, 2010. How would I know the answer to that until today? duh. My mail will be picked up tomorrow and my census form will be posted then.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm asking various people in other areas if they have gotten one as well...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by JenRecluse

April Foolery? I bet it is.

You lose a bet. I can think of a lot of funnier crap to do than this sort of thing. And if it's someone else's idea of a joke- I am sure my mailman would put an absolute hurting on them for making him deliver a buttload of this stuff around again.

But maybe it WAS the mailman pranking you.
Or maybe I do lose a bet. Wouldn't be the first time.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
We have gotten the nag letter.

But still have not sent it back.

I guess I will have to go ahead and send it in soon.

No second census form yet.

I expect a lot of folks won't bother with it.

It isn't like us common folk (the bulk of our land) will see benefit from this census.

Soon we will be like India, and have to give fingerprints and photos.

Maybe if the govt had not given our tax money to corporate crooks banks and wall street we might care about the census.

As it stands I for one don't care at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Beat me to the post! I just got my second one and was confused
At least I'm off the hook since I already mailed the first one
Still another example of government waste!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join