It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conformity - You are programmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I came across this video and find it absolutely brilliant.
This is how to program people, and how to avoid being programmed. I highly recommend watching the video.

Also, I recommend initially commenting before reading the rest of the posts so you are not programmed to respond in a particular fashion by groupthink

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Interesting video.

The problem is, when you do all this that the video states, eventually people conform to your opinions.

Its basically teaching leadership qualities.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Interesting video.

The problem is, when you do all this that the video states, eventually people conform to your opinions.

Its basically teaching leadership qualities.

I found the most interesting thing is that people will become programmed not by just a group of people saying something once, but even by a individual repeating things over and over, causing the same conformity.

And now we know how to view conversations and their intent when its by corporations, media, or politicians.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I think thats why we see repetition in media, advertisements, political campaigning and so on.

Like I said, the video is teaching leadership qualities.

Leadership qualities.

jk with the repetitions there

Ill probably crack as smile if someones states the same thing later in this thread.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Say... that reminds me of one place that uses repetition, And all the other techniques described in the video. Guess what it is... Go on! Guess.

RELIGION. Every. Last. One. Of. 'Em.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The only thing a non-conformist hates more than a conformist is a non-conformist who fails to conform to the prevailing standards of non-conformity.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Just be an individual. Stop trying to "non-conform" , ultimately it is a shared failed effort to be an individual that ties so many together.
So just be an individual, you happen to like something that a couple million others do? So what.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9283d24b203.png[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
S&F, awesome video.

People just don't question things anymore. We live hyper-stressful lives unseen in the human history, and as we gather into a group we start feeling secure and happy. We don't want to shake the boat. We don't want to ask questions. We don't want to seem weird. We don't want to be attacked. We don't want to stand out like a lighthouse, but people need to.

The one issue I never had was feeling the need to conform. Ever since I was a kid, I questioned my fellow students, the teachers, my parents, my family, and even my government since I was able to talk. People need to rely on their own unique perceptions, because every perception is unique. It is completely impossible for two different forms of consciousness to share the same exact frame of perception, and yet people try so hard to do so that it kills their own unique self.

Sometimes I'm envious of the hermit who has no need to conform as there is nothing to conform with. Hell I've tried to emulate a partial hermetic life style to some success and it really does help you think. Isolating outside thoughts and opinions for your own allows you to really dig deep into the mind and find some rather surprising facts.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this video, the research supporting the main idea was of a nature I had not seen before. Incidentally, it supports my own thinking on the subject of conformity.

Conformity is basically a decision in the interest of agreement, rather than truth. It can occasionally have minor good effects when the idea is ethical, however, it's usually bad because the conclusions are erroneous at best and ethically questionable at worst. Agreement can be a strong force in making a decision, but it's no match for truth. Individuals know truth to the extent that they are not being fooled. Individuals are not fooled to the extent they think intelligently.

To avoid being fooled and,consequently, avoid conforming with the masses, think intelligently.

Happy April Fool's Day.

Shane

[edit on 1-4-2010 by randolrs1]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Very good video. My first thought is how many of us are truly free thinking. I guess resistance is futile. We all hold true to our thoughts which are usually placed in us by our parents/friends. All of us may be completely wrong and completely right, depends on our reality I guess.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/262e03121f60.jpg[/atsimg]

//end transmission...

top topics

join