It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the universe be a huge living being??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I too, had a feeling that we could be cells or bacteria inside another being.
it's very possible. think about it- does bacteria inside us have any idea that they are who they are? nope. same goes with humans.

I also came across this scientific article that explores a similar idea (www.sciencedaily.com...):

Our Universe at Home Within a Larger Universe? So Suggests Physicist's Wormhole Research — Could our universe be located within the interior of a wormhole which itself is part of a black hole that lies within a much larger universe?

Such a scenario in which the universe is born from inside a wormhole (also called an Einstein-Rosen Bridge) is suggested in a paper from Indiana University theoretical physicist Nikodem Poplawski in Physics Letters B. The final version of the paper was available online March 29 and will be published in the journal edition April 12.
Poplawski takes advantage of the Euclidean-based coordinate system called isotropic coordinates to describe the gravitational field of a black hole and to model the radial geodesic motion of a massive particle into a black hole.
In studying the radial motion through the event horizon (a black hole's boundary) of two different types of black holes -- Schwarzschild and Einstein-Rosen, both of which are mathematically legitimate solutions of general relativity -- Poplawski admits that only experiment or observation can reveal the motion of a particle falling into an actual black hole. But he also notes that since observers can only see the outside of the black hole, the interior cannot be observed unless an observer enters or resides within.
"This condition would be satisfied if our universe were the interior of a black hole existing in a bigger universe," he said. "Because Einstein's general theory of relativity does not choose a time orientation, if a black hole can form from the gravitational collapse of matter through an event horizon in the future then the reverse process is also possible. Such a process would describe an exploding white hole: matter emerging from an event horizon in the past, like the expanding universe."
A white hole is connected to a black hole by an Einstein-Rosen bridge (wormhole) and is hypothetically the time reversal of a black hole. Poplawski's paper suggests that all astrophysical black holes, not just Schwarzschild and Einstein-Rosen black holes, may have Einstein-Rosen bridges, each with a new universe inside that formed simultaneously with the black hole.
"From that it follows that our universe could have itself formed from inside a black hole existing inside another universe," he said.
By continuing to study the gravitational collapse of a sphere of dust in isotropic coordinates, and by applying the current research to other types of black holes, views where the universe is born from the interior of an Einstein-Rosen black hole could avoid problems seen by scientists with the Big Bang theory and the black hole information loss problem which claims all information about matter is lost as it goes over the event horizon (in turn defying the laws of quantum physics).
This model in isotropic coordinates of the universe as a black hole could explain the origin of cosmic inflation, Poplawski theorizes.
Poplawski is a research associate in the IU Department of Physics. He holds an M.S. and a Ph.D. in physics from Indiana University and a M.S. in astronomy from the University of Warsaw, Poland.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That was a very interesting post. Thanks.

Yes, anything is possible, but why just because we acknowledge that there are size differences in our universe than are just unbelievably vast, would we make some sort of hypothesis that is just nonsensical? Why would we (humans? the earth? the solar system? - what is we, anyhow?) be inside another person or cell or whatever? Why isn't the earth one of those tiny foam balls inside of some enormous bean bag somewhere? Maybe our galaxy is sitting in a puddle of grease inside a slightly burnt slice of pepperoni on some mama-jamba bigger-than-big pizza pie somewhere. But is it likely? What the the line of reasoning that takes us there? Hey, I'm all for idle speculation, but that's all it is. There's no reason, scientific or otherwise, why we would be inside of another entity.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I have thought this same exact concept!! Thank you for posting. I have always thought how maybe we're just part of of some other larger being we can't really comprehend.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i agree with the OP on this one. we are the cells of the organism which is the universe. the planets which make up the solar system shape the molecular structure, etc etc etc and everything that happens in the cosmos can be downgraded and played out on our level and vice versa.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If there is one thing I've learned during my stay here at ATS, it's that one can always find some good speculative theories herein.

The thing is, there is absolutely zero evidence.

There is a fine line between probability and possibility. Most of which you'll find here at ATS falls into the "theoretically-possible" category.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

The Universe is ONE living being which is Infinity (The Creator).

To have Infinity you must define it as a Unity or else it has no referent or meaning. Many-ness is finite concept determined by Infinity (The Creator) as the best way to experience itself and thus due to the Infinite possibilities - many-ness is free to continue into an eternal present.

All is One and that One is the One Creator which is Infinity each portion no matter how small containing the One Creator (Infinity) and thus all begins and ends in mystery.

Each portion unique. Just as you are and just as you are the One Creator.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by 11118]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

This is a question I asked myself when I was still a teenager. "Is the universe a huge living being ?". Thanks to the OP for this topic and the pictures.

Like one poster was saying, the Universe could just be a cell/atom in the eye of some creature. I remember telling my cousin , when I was 15 , that the Universe could be just like a matchbox on a kitchen table; part of something bigger.

It is my view that if a group of people were asked to contemplate this thought (i.e universe being a cell within the body of an intelligent being), and then shown the beautiful pictures of galaxies. Then they might experience a broadening of the mind. This would probably have a positive effect on their life.

But what is even more overwhelming is the universes that are within simple things around us. A microscope helps us to see so much within a drop of fluid. The stronger the microscope the more we see, until we realise that it is infinite and is a universe that we do not have the technology to explore. It is no different to the universe outside.

We , so-called intelligent beings, have wasted our time getting trapped in this dimension that we call reality. We have so much potential and yet it is all wasted.

When I was a student and did not have much money , I sometimes faced the prospect of running out of fuel when driving long distances, especially at night. In order to stay positive, I would often think of the following scenarios.

1. I could run out of gas now and have to walk 10 miles (no mobile phones then)

2. But that is not as bad as running out of fuel in a different country .

3. In a different country I would be safe with my feet on the ground. This would not be the case if running out of fuel whilst in a space capsule before re-entry.

4.Well, the space capsule would fall to earth anyway , so no need for fuel if already orbiting. The situation would be worse if half-way from moon

5.I could always be rescued by another spacecraft docking, but what if I was outside the solar system.

.. and so on

All this had the effect of making me realise that, as long as I was anywhere on planet earth (except places of extreme temperatures), I would be safe. In fact I had nothing to worry about . A long walk might do me some good.

That is why , in my opinion, the contemplation of the vastness of the universe makes us realise how insignificant our mundane concerns are. Earth is such a small planet - like a grain of sand on a beach if you look at all the stars and planets in our galaxy and outside it.

A long waffle I know but I could not resist it.

Thanks for the great pictures !

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I would imagine so. I don't think that life is just an accident here and there, life is as much of the part of the universe as the table of elements.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

It is we just call it god ? but it's the same thing ,one big living being.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Woah nice topic. I woke up today with a intersting thought. The universal goal is to make crafts going at the speed of thought. The idea of living within something is amazing, but what happens to us if this host dies?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Humans are the disease and they say that a disease shouldn't make itself known to the host otherwise the host will collapse and die. I look at it this way if we are the disease we should make the point to populate as much of the host as we can. Complete take over. That is the point of a disease to completely take over and make the host aware that it is mortal. To think that this being is going to live forever is ridiculous. We should have a huge human party throughout the universe (by populating as many planets we can) then the host will die. We will live on for awhile complete rulers of the universe. Then the host will decompose as we will be and eventually reborn. We will become evil, then die (our purpose being served), and be reborn completely innocent. This is eternal life. Living to your fullest once you know what you truly are. Then being incarnated all over again.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Awesome premise! I'm excited to read this thread. S and F for sure.

I often wonder if the universe is Gods brain, the solar systems are atoms, and we are His thoughts.

edit on 10-12-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
As is below, so is above, and above, and above, and above, and above

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join