It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the universe be a huge living being??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

but we are still living, despite these died cells

Because we have a soul, Yes? So another question is, does the Universe?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Imagine how much space it would take to express every possible outcome of every possibility. Each atom represents a universe and a possibility, or each universe is an atom is a possibility. Its all just god expressing himself through himself.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

I have felt for a LONG time now that it is completely possible that stars and planets can "think" to some extent.

I think the "think" you said, shouldn't be quoted... I seriously started to regard the cosmic bodies are indeed "intelligent" and sensitive organisms after I've read a thread posted on ATS, after that huge Earthquake that occurred in Haiti:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b959a294d0db.jpg[/atsimg]

Above the Caribean map, below the Haiti silhouette:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10392927e7e5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/622bba3b35b3.jpg[/atsimg]

Above, the sunspot 1040 caught by SOHO in the same day (or next) the quake, below compare the two shapes:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86faba094dfb.jpg[/atsimg]

Sunspot 1040 and the Haiti Earthquake

What was largely discussed is exactly we are discussing here.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Because we have a soul, Yes?

What you mean by "soul"?? Define "soul"???

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Soul:

the immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life

So again, and according to this definition, what is the "actuating cause" of the Universe? Which in turn falls back to the grand question of them all:

"What is the meaning of life?" a.k.a. "Why?"

Edit to: put in the form of a question

[edit on 4/1/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Soul:
the immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life So again, and according to this definition, what is the "actuating cause" of the Universe?

Hmmmm... this concept makes the "soul" an extension of the physic body. But I think it's the contraire. The body is an extension of the "soul", that according to ancient Hindu scriptures, Egyptian scriptures and Gnostic texts, is a primordial energy that animates living organisms. The Egyptians called it "Ka" and "Ba". Gnostic doctrine says this animation energy has a "essence" and a "consciousness". The last one can be increased or decreased, depending on the kind of life we have. The "essence", the "actuating cause", according to Buddhism, comes from an "eternal fountain", so we can assume that there's some kind of "life powerplant" working on universe, but this "soul" can exist without and beyond the physic body, in different dimensions, so the concept of "material part" is attached to "dimensionality". Life is beyond that.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

So that we, god, can experience ourselves through ourselves. Simplest answer. Don't think about it, thinking is the devil.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well I don't post very often but when there is an interesting topic I reply.
I think it is very plausible that the universe, or what creates it, is an intelligent type of being.
Calling it huge is just relative, if you live in a different dimension of space, and in the end you might be living inside another human being in a different dimension.
I think the Christians say we all live inside the body of Jesus Christ, right?
So the real question is who is this Jesus Christ?? Not the one from the past but the one from the future. The so-called second coming is an immortal being, and we live inside of that being.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
No, the universe can't possibly be a huge living being...

...because if it was, one end would never know what the other end was doing. There is no way for information to travel from one place in the universe to another faster than the speed of light, and when you're dealing with something as big as the universe, that's awfully slow. In fact, the universe itself is expanding faster than the speed of light.

So no, it's got to be back to the drawing-board with this one, too.

[edit on 1/4/10 by Astyanax]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
Here I disagree with you. [W]e don't have two brains, we have ONE brain with TWO hemispheres.

That's what I use to think too, based upon what I was taught a long time ago back in school. Then some time ago, before I gave up teevee 6 years ago, I saw a program on the idiot box about people that had their left and right hemispheres severed. Without a doubt, these people had two distinctly different brains in their head, both self-aware and cognitive, yet both halves were unable to communicate internally between each other.

I recall one of them talking about the problems he was having with his other brain. The half that was doing the talking on TV had control of his mouth and the ability to speak and write. The other half of his brain could not communicate verbally or in writting. Eventually the half that could no longer communicate became depressed, and then suicidal. He talked about how he could not get near a sharp kitchen knife, because his left arm and hand would reach out and grab it and try to kill himself. He was still able to drive, but when he did so, he had to handcuff his left wrist to the door handle, otherwise it would try to take control of his vehicle and try to steer the car into oncoming traffic or a brick wall.

Since seeing that program, I became convinced of the duality that is within each of us, each half rooted in those two (so-called) hemispheres. Two brains.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
There is no way for information to travel from one place in the universe to another faster than the speed of light,

Yes there is, and it's called quantum entanglement.

added:
BTW, while the scientists proclaim this to be a spooky thing, ha, there is a completely logical explanation for how this is possible, and it's the only possibility too. What I can't understand is why your scientists can't figure out this simple logically explanation on their own, ha.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I like your idea and if we really are "cells or organisms" inside some living being...then many of us are a virus.

You can imagine why.

- K

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
...then many of us are a virus.

LOL, I was going to suggest the same thing when I said we are like cells within the universe ... cancer cells that is.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I suggest you read the book "A Conscious Universe" by Dean Radin. It's not impossible, but rather probable that the Universe is capable of communicating with itself faster than the speed of light.

The Universe is indeed alive and conscious.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by TheNorthernLight]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
(Neuron)
www.bcm.edu...

(Galaxy Clusters)
www.gemini.edu...

Tooo many pills -great pics.

Here's another interesting one.

Full Image

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I know about entanglement phenomena.

Could you explain to me how you think entangled particles might be used to carry information from one location to another across space at faster than the speed of light, when the entangled particles can only move at the speed of light (or less) from the spacetime locus of their entanglement to the future location in spacetime where they would have to be in order to function as signal carriers?

No need to worry, incidentally, that your explanation might be too technical for me. I have some slight acquaintance with physics.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNorthernLight

You know I'm not going to read a book just because someone on a web site tells me to, so why don't you explain to me how, according to the book or your own ideas, FTL communication across intergalactic distances is possible?

A good place to start would be to explain how you would aim your communicator at, say, a solar-system sized target billions of light-years away, moving away from you so fast the radiation from it has redshifted below the threshold of visibility. Hitting a dime on Pluto with a laser pulse from Earth orbit would be peanuts compared to that.

I look forward to reading your response.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I just posted a little something about that in another thread HERE.

Reality MUST be an illusion.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by Divinorumus

we are a collective of living cells. From each individual cells perspective, their universe is a huge living being.

Totally agreed!!
That was I thought but I didn't say. We are most likely complex cells with individual personality. That's why we don't cooperate with the whole organism.

If you think of us humans on the quantum level of uncertainty; we are
just probability with a slight free will. And if you think of planet earth as an observer of this quantum level; as earth 'observes' us it has formed us, made this planet what it is. We are a part of this world as it is a part of us. The small reflects the big reflects the small... Life has no 'why?' it only'is', it doesn't fear or hope, love or hate. The true source, 'god', All-father, energy, of the construct of all that was, is, will be, is unquestioning, persistent and of course, unfathomable. We can only be happy in accepting the little that we try to understand.

my strange point is that, we DO cooperate with the whole organism, it's just it's a big mess too complex to understand. And even if we did understand it, we, as 'sentient' conscious human beings, probably wouldn't agree with how it works. actually a lot of us do not agree, in our understanding, with the way life works. Hence I doubt we would agree with the 'big picture'.

(I had better thoughts, but they're gone for now. Lucky for you. Rushing at work, will try again later...soz)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
If you think of us humans on the quantum level of uncertainty ...

Actually, I think it's simpler than all that. Basically, I am starting to suspect that all this is gods dream, and we're just those other people, like the ones that show up in our sleeping dreams. And, religion did proclaim the creator rested on the 7th day, so yeah, it all fits .. god fell asleep and is dreaming all this up.

Oh, and since we were made in god images, so can we too dream up illusionary worlds populated with other characters within it. For years I use to wonder just who all those other people were in my dreams. Then one day I had a lucid dream and tried to tell those other characters in my dream that all this is just an illusion .. and they all laughed at me ... so .... I woke up and they all went bye bye, ha. Now, to test my theory that all this is just gods dreams, I'm working on some way to wake god up to see if all this, this world, would come to an abrupt end. Got any ideas how we could wake him/her up? I've tried almost everything I can think of except one, but I'm gonna was until November of next year to try that one (11/11).

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Divinorumus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join