It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

black bird of cherynobl? phone calls?

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
if you dont know what im talking about. heres a link with info on this creature. www.unknownexplorers.com...

so what i mainly wanna know is. does anyone have any info about the alleged "phone calls"?
some reports i read sai dthey were menacing, and threatening. but nothing i can find says what exactly the phone calls were.
it doesnt say if it was a human speaking. or some demonic voice. or a series of dsturbing sounds. or what
so does anyone have any idea/info as to what the phone calls would of been like?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think the Mothman was associated with phone calls of the same nature.

Someone on here will know more about it than I, but I read the story years and years ago in Fate Magazine.

The description of this creature is also very similar to those of the Mothman.

If you don't already know about the phone calls in that case, you might want to look that up, might answer the question.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Dogdish]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yeah the MothMan prophecies came to mind straight away when I read about the Blackbird. The West Virginia story is also quite perplexing. And I must say both of these events are unexplainable to me albeit in a paranormal way at least

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Epsillion70]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Great video! I haven't seen that one. It also reminded me that the author of The Mothman Prophesies was John Keel. I believe he was a contributor to Fate Magazine occasionally.
The story in 'Fate' talked a lot about the phone calls as I remember, but I can't recall their content.
The Mothman/Black Bird of Chernobyl seem to be the same beast.
The Mothman reports seemed to escalate up until the bridge tragedy, hence the title Mothman "Prophesies". The Black Bird reports increased until the meltdown.
Spooky stuff.

Edit to add: I hadn't read all the way through the link provided, OP, I just read the description and your post...
I see now that the comparison of the Mothman had already been made at the link.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Dogdish]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The mothman didn't make the phone calls, it was alleged MiBs meant to keep people from talking about the story. Though there is high skepticism that there were any MiBs involved during the mothman's reign though the possibility of the mothman being real is usually regarded as truth.

I'd have to say that the mothman is one of my favorite conspiracies as the being was peaceful and benevolent and actually tried to save townspeople.

[edit on 3/31/2010 by TheBloodRed]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

The phone calls im talking about occurred before the event happened. So i dont get how it would be mibs. Lol.

And ive done more research and learned aboit mothman and did research on that. And wasnt able to find much about phone calls.

But i read somewhere that a lady who had a mothman experiance got a phone call that sounded like morse code.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Very interesting. When I read it had red eyes and no head, I was a little perplexed, then I looked at the video and drawings. I don't know why a stork would be flying through a fire. Unless it was a 'mothman' type and moths are drawn to the fire. They often fly into it and perish.
S&F

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wartooth420

Sounds an awful lot like Mothman...

I had a theory a few years ago that these creatures were harbingers of some kind, that they were appearing as a warning as though the impending danger had been anticipated by these otherworldly avian things and they appeared to warn people...

Of course that was back when I was prone to wild theories and out-there explanations...

Either way this is definitely a spooky story

Edit to Add: Tried to watch the video but got a 404 error

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I may have had a mothman event

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
First of all: it's a very good question. I probably wouldn't have given it any thought if you didn't mention it. So thanks for bringing it up.
Unfortunately, nothing comes to mind. I've never came across any information about any phone calls, but I remember reading that sometimes when the Mothman appeared, radio sets were emitting weird sounds. If that was true, it would be possible that this creature (so simillar to the Mothman) could in some way affect phone lines.
Also, I read somewhere (and I have no idea were it was) that the creature from Chernobyl was the Mothman himself (but on the other hand, who can tell?).
I think there's also the possibility, that the story originated after the blast (and to give it more credibility, they said it all began before the blast). I mean - I don't live that far from Ukraine and after the disaster, some people were talking that there were some weird mutated creatures roaming the land (but they were just scary unconvincing stories, no one ever cared that much, I think)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've looked through this thread previously, but when I clicked on the link and a couple minutes ago and read through the details, it reminded me of the Mothman, like others in this thread have been reminded of.

I believe this is the first time ive heard of the "Black Bird Of Cherynobl" Ill definitely try and look into it further.

Thanks for posting this thread.
Cheers

[edit on 12-4-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The authors of the "Hunt for the Skinwalker" and "The Mothman Prophecies". Are of the opinion that ufo's, MIB, ghosts, Mothman, Birdmen, Bigfoot, ghosts etc. Are all tied to the same source, interdimensional travelers, demons, angels or whatever you believe may be on the "other side" beyond our reality. The author of the mothman prophecies John Keel, has done a great amount of research on these types of cases from throughout history. If you’re interested in these subjects imo both books are crucial reading.

In both cases people were receiving all types of strange phone calls and also messages through their televisions. What seemed like morse code, strange people asking strange and disjointed questions like where were you born, what time is it etc. People who claimed and sounded like a person’s friend when in fact that friend claimed it wasn’t them who called etc.

In the case of the Point Pleasant weirdness "Mothman". Strange visitors "MIB" were stopping by people’s houses/calling and asking strange questions. In some cases it was almost like they were taking inventory of the person. People also reported hearing voices that assigned them a number like "you are number 873" etc. You really have to read the books to get all the information, but that’s the jist of it.

I’ve read that many of the same things were happening in Chernobyl area before the accident.

Edit: Also in both cases Ufo's and Poltergeist activity were experienced. In point pleasant thousands of people witnessed ufo's over the course of the ordeal, some even claimed to have gone aboard their ships. For some reason a large portion of the info in those books has never made it to the internet.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Dark Passenger]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Honestly I think this is all made up really. The article started ringing alarm bells for me from the first sentence "in and around the little known Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant" Chernobyl was a big thing, the first of its type outside of Russia, A massive stimulus to the area and even had its own city built for it, Chernobyl was by no means a little known place. Also after some digging I cannot find a single name, interview or transcript of conversation/phone call or any mention of the bird prior to a couple of years old.

To me it just seems to me some1 watched the mothman film (as the phone calls are made out to be a bigger deal in the film) and decided to write a piece of what is essentially fan fiction

new topics

top topics

join