It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother fined, tagged and on curfew for selling goldfish to minor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
maybe this is another conspiracy against children.

to make them not able to do more things, to keep them as sheltered as possible so they dont learn any kind of responsibility skills or life lessons.

children are so un-free it's ridiculous.

from rollercoasters to knives/slingshots/bbguns to driving to ... name it. kids arent allowed.

except for maybe those super sweet fortresses of tubes in front of fast food places.

TPTB cant be having children thinking they have some sense of security. prohibit everything and they will just assume they need permission for anything.

sense of security helps develop individualism, knowledge of your own self and limits, and generally harden them into an individual who learns to think for themselves with respect and dignity.

so you are absolutely correct. TPTB cant have this.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bagatell
Isn't anyone interested in the conspiracy aspect of this? The facts as reported by the Mail Online clearly show that the police and the council, both public corporations, conspired to entrap Joan Higgins and her son. As no actual harm was done to anyone (or animal) in this case, why was it brought to court? Because the corporations involved make money by processing cases such as this one. But some of you already knew that, you work for these parasites.

good point but no i do not work for those parasites

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. When are people going to start to step up and fight back against the severe idiocy and ridiculous laws that their rulers are using to slowly enslave them? I mean c'mon people why do we put up with this garbage!?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Time for project mayhem I think..... These guys need to be told......

" We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... f@@k with us."

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well I for one wasn't aware there was a minimum age for buying pets.

What law does it come under. Does it just apply to shops, what if I sold my pet hamster to the kid next door. Am I going to jail ?

Jeezo you would think there were better things to be spending time and money on.

Lets hope the Tories get in and shut the entire council down.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

"What sort of narc/stool pidgeon or uptight prick this kid will grow to be. Probably another pig given authority who will abuse it to the max. "

Reminds me of the way children were encouraged to spy on and dob in family members in Germany during the nazi regime.

Truly it is the authority behind the "sting" and the judge who didn't throw this out of court who are the real criminals here!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is the kind of stuff that makes me embarrassed to be in this country, and would completely put me off working in law enforcement.

i work in a hospital, and am currently looking after a guy who's suffered brain injury due to an attack in which he was bludgeoned with something across the head, and it's basically left him partly paralysed. Well done in prioritising your work...

Now, the term 'Police' is 'keeper of the peace'. at what point was she disturbing the peace in selling this goldfish breaking that? I think the cops have forgotten what their job role actually is, and some are getting a bit power mad. Not all, but some.. and worst thing is, to show solidarity their superiors are being pressured into backing them up in these claims.

oh if only there was a place to escape crap like this

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca761a6cd130.jpg[/atsimg]

No, tell me it ain't so! The horrors committed on goldfish would make Hitler blush. Life is not enough for this evil Little Old Lady I tell ya!!!! The Guillotine is the only fair answer to her crime.

We here in the USA have been trying to forget the dark time in our history starting in 1939 when the wholesale slaughter of pet goldfish began. We are not proud.

Source.

In 1939, one of the most famous and certainly most disgusting of the college fads, swallowing live goldfish, started. The first person on record to have done this was a Harvard freshman, Lothrop Withington Jr.. He was the son of a Boston lawyer and Harvard's 1919 football captain. Lothrop boasted about having once eaten a live goldfish during a bull session

The horror continued until...

Joseph Deliberato... ...digested eighty-nine goldfish at one sitting in early April.

Then...

Finally, a Massachusetts state legislature introduced a bill that would "preserve the fish from cruel and wanton consumption." The president of the Boston's Animal League made sure that goldfish swallowers would be arrested

Many decades later, as we had healed as a nation from the almost unimaginable wounds inflicted upon us by this dark part of our history, a monster from the UK came to attempt to reintroduce it into our society, to destroy us.

His name, Stevie Starr!

American audiences watched in horror as Stevie commited an act so terrible, so horrible that it cannot be properly described.

***Warning, Picture Below May Scar You For Life***
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fe13f61a291.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, just when we thought it was safe for Goldfish once more and that our Friends in the UK had amended their evil ways, we find out Little Old Ladies in the UK are selling Goldfish to children!!!!!

Lock her up before she spreads the insanity and the world is forced to once again live through a dark time when it was safe nowhere for the innocent little Goldfish. What should we expect next? People in the UK giving Puppies to children as pets

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
ok i have to bite on this one! is there anyone in there right mind going to bend grandma jones over the stove for a gold fish? holy f sakes everything is twisted right now, but is anyone going to vouch for this asanine b # that just happened to anyones grandma. you f kidding me?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

As I watch things unfold in the UK, I cringe knowing we seem to follow not far behind. The breaking point can't be far ahead.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

blaine do we live in a world created by socrates where nothing is what it seems? i mean when are people going to say hey i call bull shizzle/ i mean where does this world end where the consience starts and the ludacrious ends?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Please oh please tell me what the crime was. The lady sold a goldfish to a kid.
OH I know, the kid might have bought it on a dare to swallow a live gold fish, and with the .000002% chance of the child choking on it and dying they must make it illegal for a child to be in possession of a goldfish.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

It's a bit like a Vonnegut Novel is it not?

"All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental."

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

or to the next level of descartes the only way i know that i am in this reality is because i can think therefore i am? is this where we are now in this world?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join