It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ever notice how an atheist will use the bible stcripture to attack someone who beleives in God to prove science and evoltuion when they don't believe the bible to begin with.Come on this just proves they do the same crap.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

FACT!

No organized religion has got it right.

I do agree with that, it seems humans could corrupt anything put into their hands, given enough time. There is no doubt in my mind, at this point in time, all organized religion is practiced by men for the purpose of exploitation of their brothers and sisters. To me, that just shows how humanity as a whole, has really missed the boat on their own spirituality and what it was supposed to do for them. Or what God really had in mind for us. It will all be revealed in the end, that's one thing i do believe with all my being, always have. I personally see God as being, a sort of mad scientist, but for a purpose that we just don't really understand.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

You know the truth is that most people that claim to be an atheist are not atheist at all but agnostic.

For the true atheist I know I can say they definitely read the bible. The only difference is they actually read what is written and understand that what is written is subject to interpretation.
When a Christian reads the bible he will read the interpretation which suits his belief best. This is exactly the reason why their are so many different Christians that have a different few of Christianity.

Edit
Do you have a link to your thread ?

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maybe God does what he does because good and evil is absolute truth.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Ok, is it judging to say that murder is a sin and if you commit murder then you are guilty of a sin? It is judging to say that men really do not truly comprehend the nature of sin. It is judging to say that no man is equal to God, and to point out that fact. Maybe I do judge, but my judgement is against all men. We do not comprehend the true nature of God, the true nature of sin. We are not gods and will never be gods. We are merely men with all the imperfections of being men (women are included). For us to believe that we are gods is indeed a truly great sin and really should be judged. It is a warning: do not believe the lie that you are a god and are equal to God>

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

Agreed.
There is one question I'd love to have answered honestly by a fundamentalist:
If it was proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that all your religious beliefs are false, to the point that even you had to accept it, how would you handle it?

In my opinion, religious beliefs are a security blanket (at least for those who refuse to question them) and I don't begrudge any believers for it unless they try to smother me with it.

If a vociferous fundamentalist, a la Phelps, were to sincerely consider what it would be like to have his/her beliefs conclusively proven to be false, I think it would reveal the real human being underneath.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
reply to post by DaMod

Ok, is it judging to say that murder is a sin and if you commit murder then you are guilty of a sin? It is judging to say that men really do not truly comprehend the nature of sin. It is judging to say that no man is equal to God, and to point out that fact. Maybe I do judge, but my judgement is against all men. We do not comprehend the true nature of God, the true nature of sin. We are not gods and will never be gods. We are merely men with all the imperfections of being men (women are included). For us to believe that we are gods is indeed a truly great sin and really should be judged. It is a warning: do not believe the lie that you are a god and are equal to God>
.This is what happens in self centered world and attitude towards selfishness.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeanvaljean

Agreed.
If it was proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that all your religious beliefs are false, to the point that even you had to accept it, how would you handle it?

In my opinion, religious beliefs are a security blanket (at least for those who refuse to question them) and I don't begrudge any believers for it unless they try to smother me with it.

If a vociferous fundamentalist, a la Phelps, were to sincerely consider what it would be like to have his/her beliefs conclusively proven to be false, I think it would reveal the real human being underneath.
This idea applies to everyone of all beliefs or lack of a belief in God.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Death and hades/hell were cast into the "lake of fire" for eternity

No more retarded spirits messing things up. A spirit is a spirit...just like all the souls

They say god is a spirit am i right? So then there must be many other spirits too - and they must be bad

I'm starting to think each human does not have soul but they have spirit. Has to be the cause of all this wickedness.

God cannot kill a "Spirit" As spirit lives for eternity basically. when for whatever reason the human body of that spirit passes away...due to the workings of the outer spiritual world...then i guess that's where things get heated up

Believe in reincarnation? well then i guess god really is loving/forgiving and gave tons of people second or even third chances

Their spirits...but it seems like their spirits harbor something of the past...which is deadly

i can't wait for this damn freak show to be over so all the good ones can go home once and for all...it's really sickening to the mind and spirit to even in the same place as bad spirits. They take advantage of the new spirit. That's terrible

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

There is no way that Jehova is the creator of everything. If he created the universe, then damn... An egotistical, JEALOUS (of other "gods"!) entity that created it all. Great. We are all doomed. But like I said, if it works for you, cool.

If you had children who didn't recognize you as their father, but said Bob from timbuktu who they'd never met was their dad, you wouldn't be jealous, angry and hurt? You put your blood sweat and tears into raising them, right?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I still stand behind my statement. They have not read the Bible with an intent to really understand what is being said. As for interpretation. There are many passages in the Bible which are not really subject to interpretation. That seems to be an way of saying "I do want to understand what is being said here". If you read the Bible with the intention of not understanding what is being said, then you will not understand. Also there a passages that may require a little research to truly understand. Ask you agnostic friends if they have really read the messianic prophecy passages of the Old Testament. I willing to bet you a free beer of a brand of your choice (if we ever meet), that you will get a blank stare.

link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Ever notice how an atheist will use the bible stcripture to attack someone who beleives in God to prove science and evoltuion when they don't believe the bible to begin with.

And do you know why we dont believe in the bible? Because most of us have read it from cover to cover at least once in our life times. I cant agree with something that condemns homosexuality but allows fully grown men to sleep with 11 year old girls

link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

Originally posted by jeanvaljean

Agreed.

This idea applies to everyone of all beliefs or lack of a belief in God.

Which is why it is so important to be honest with ones self. Which is why it is absolutely fine to just admit "I don't know" instead of putting up an opinion or tradition from childhood. But for some reason it seems almost impossible for man to admit he just doesn't know and might never. Comfort and security is found in knowledge even if entirely false at times IMHO.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

5: You laugh at Hindu beliefs that defy humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem in believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

The author left out the entire Old Testament bit about the 'angels' impregnating women, and making superhuman and giant babies. That one always gets a chuckle.

I agree with you about this list 100%. I quit being a Christian, because a LOT of what they say and do is wrong beyond belief. They adhere to the 'bible' about as much as I'd adhere to a greased, glass wall.

the Superhuman hybrid is called the Nephilim en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Supposedly jesus comes to israel to rule for 1000 years...uh oh wait contradiction

They killed christ...would why they be his "Chosen" people...LOL and let's not forget the part the romans played it in.

Wow now this is starting to get funny...really

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

You don't get it do you? People are judged, every single one. Just not by the likes of you or I. It seems your downfall is pride and vanity. Be humble!

Forgive..

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
[

[edit on 31-3-2010 by yesIAM]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingdom of darkness
Supposedly jesus comes to israel to rule for 1000 years...uh oh wait contradiction

They killed christ...would why they be his "Chosen" people...LOL and let's not forget the part the romans played it in.

Why do you find humour in this? I suggest you find a "real" sense of humour.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

OK, what conspiracy in religion are we discussing? The list of ten specious arguments?

How about the terms Agnostic or Atheist. One is possible, the other is not possible. Nobody has the knowledge to be the later unless you change the definition of the word.

We can't debate something that we believe based on Faith. You can't enter my head and experience the things that proved to me my Faith is based on something real. You can't share those experiences. There are no video's, no pictures to debunk, nothing to debate in fact.

We can debate things like historical accuracy in scripture, the source of particular books and who authored them, divisions in religions that separate one denomination or dogma from another. We can't debate one person telling another they are wrong knowing full well there is no way to defend Faith.

Considering the above, the only possible reason for the parade of similar posts is to start arguments, which is hardly debating conspiracy. It's like the bickering between Democrats and Republicans. Serves no purpose unless it includes the sharing of new information or evidence.

I'd like to see some genuine Conspiracy in Religion threads. We have enough of these.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingdom of darkness

Thank you for making my point for me. It is appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join