It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers Demand Administration Deploy National Guard, Border Patrol After Killing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

awmakers from Arizona and New Mexico are ratcheting up their demands that the Obama administration deploy hundreds of National Guard troops and Border Patrol agents to the Mexican border after the killing of a prominent southeast Arizona rancher.

Local police say Robert Krentz, 58, whose body was found slumped over his ATV on his ranch Saturday, was probably shot to death by an illegal immigrant. Footprints from the scene of the crime led back across the Mexican border.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Vinveezy]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Nice real Nice. When i hear this story it brings ONe thing to mind

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
-Ben Franklin.

How much more police state will you take America? Or better yet how much more police state CAN america take.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Seems odd that somebody would go through all the effort to get over the border to shoot somebody and then go back over the border while leaving easy to trace foot prints.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Wonder if the rancher was looking for cattle mutilations.
Looks like no cattle involved.
The ATV could have been used to bring the steer closer to the
Mexican border or over it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Would national guard patrols at the border really be giving up liberty? Isn't guarding the nation kinda the point of National Guard? I'm seriously interested in the answer, not trolling or anything.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wouldn't this essentially be the first time in a while that the US Military would be used for Constitutionally allowed if not required security actions? I mean this stuff has been building up for years and just because of the economic downturn and the HCR has it been put on the back burner to begin with.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is the key phrase "a prominent southeast Arizona rancher", if it was a regular person they wouldn't have cared. And if they want to stop illegal aliens and such enforce the laws in regard to labor and such, if they can't find the jobs they will go back.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Let's just hope the politically expedient comprise won't be U.N. Peace Keepers.

How'd that strike you?

I mean, if you fear your community's Guardsmen; who are after all, your neighbors, technically speaking, who can deter this violent trend?

I am not form the area, so I only know what the media has told me. They make it sound like a war zone. If it isn't, then maybe that is the disconnect.

Besides, doesn't the Governor have the authority to call out the Guard? Why would they need Obama to handle it? What is he, like, the Super President?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wait a minute.

Is that not the purpose of the National Guard.

Let us break that down.

National- concerning or encompassing an entire nation

Guard-to keep safe from harm or danger

Wait, I am mistaken, the meaning the people that REALLY run our government's definition.

Protect our money and our corporations.

Now I get it.

Our States need to recall all our National Guard troops now. Looks like we will be needing them soon.

new topics

top topics

join