It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington DC: All Police Radio Communication GONE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
If you check any of the services in DC, Fire, Police, 911 are all still out!

This does not bode well...An excercise maybe??

Mirthful thank you for fixing the links for me

This has got to be one of the most hardened systems in the entire US. And to say it is because of a generator raises big flags with me. Would they not run off the grid and have a generator only for back-up. Has this ever happened before?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Yes let's not report on major networks corruption and stealing by the government but we will broadcast everywhere Our Captiol has no communications with police... So pitiful... guess TPTB want SOMEONE to know the coast is clear...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The MSM is the last place that would report anything

of any consequence.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Originally posted by dgtempe

This has got to be one of the most hardened systems in the entire US. And to say it is because of a generator raises big flags with me. Would they not run off the grid and have a generator only for back-up. Has this ever happened before?

The news article did state (as the very last sentence):

A police union spokesperson told FOX 5 this may not be the first time the radio system has gone down in the last month.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Also you would think they would have multiple layers of sytems to back communictions up right? How many layers failed tonight and why?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Just like in major storms...there are alternative channels and municipalities....not to mention police, fire, DO have cell phones...Unified System wen down...

The article even states so....also says not the first time in DC.

Why panic? Radios working through a centralized system went down?

There are alternatives.

mg

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Edit to add:

never mind

[edit on (3/29/1010 by loveguy]

[edit on (3/29/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Could it have something to do with this: US wants Canada to stay in Afghanistan
Perhaps we inserted some JTF2 into your Capitol to finally put your foreign policy back in it's place? Don't worry, we'll be out in about an hour, just gotta finish up some "work".

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Let me know when you go?

I ll bring a couple of Uhauls and rental trucks... I got a few friends... We will clean out as much as we can

I have a few things I want myself.... fifty fifty...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I guess enough that none are working????

Washington DC Police Department
[link to www.radioreference.com]

Washington DC Metropolitan Police, Fire and EMS Departments

more first responder links:

no audio on any feeds

Other rival websites are reporting this also

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
from
www.examiner.com...

All back-up systems failed. A back-up system which operates without a centralized computerized controller, known as “failsoft,” was partially operational by 8:40 p.m. But officers and dispatchers found it awkward to use and were unfamiliar with its use.

Casing

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm with you dg. This is the utmost in DOOM!!! GLOOM!!! RED FLAGS!!! GREEN FLAGS!!! PURPLE FLAGS!!!

Nothing to worry about, it's just probably the precursor to another FALSE flag operation. They disarmed police communications to minimize the lack of response when all the people are dying and wounded in the streets because of the bomb... Just another day in Amerika.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Maybe, the militias were doing a test of their own today.

Bwahahahah.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I believe that area probably has an emergency text messaging system installed. It is a system that can send out messages via many means of electronic communication. Pagers, cell phones, email, whatever you set up to start with can be communicated with. However if the cops turn off their cell phones and/or pagers and pc's, they could take longer than normal coffee breaks and eat some more donuts. Hopefully GPS devices won't indicate they were in the coffee shop too long.

If some thieves try to rob Starbucks while this is taking place, I believe they will be barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ooooh Militias getting the blame is a good theory too.

Who wants to bet "hackers" get the blame?

DC politician: "Somebody is going to pay for this I tells ya!
"

link   
Can anyone get anything on this? Maybe we will know when it comes back up? Or maybe my speakers are not working too good.

www.rollcallradio.com...

link   
Sounds like somebody is probing the defenses. Either the gov is or who ever the boogieman of the day is, most likely they will blame it on China.

You know the whole our emergency communications are on the internet and have been hacked so we need to shove this bill down your throats to give us control. That sounds more plausible.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

No i've been trying that one and nothing comes in

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I suppose it's too much to hope for that this is part of some Coup d'état? Somebody save us from Obama. Please.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Fire crews' radio equipment was affected as well, according to police sources. D.C. Fire and EMS spokesman Pete Piringer said the system went down but their crews immediately switched over to a backup system, so fire crews are able to respond to 911 calls. Piringer says they are using frequencies from Montgomery and Arlington Counties during the outage, and they are using mobile and portable radios and alternate channels.

Not exactly 'can not respond'...

Reading the entire atricle is helpful.

mg

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join