It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington DC: All Police Radio Communication GONE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

No not really. I dont see your point. If i said my Television went dead at 7 does not necesseraly mean that its now fixed.

Any other news? I cant find anything further.....

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
wonder if POTUS is removed from DC in an event like this?

good read guys at other's expense (hang in there S-Dog
)...

You know, am I crazy or does weird stuff ALWAYS happen during drills or training exercises????

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Ron Paul just came on the emergency broadcast system announcing he would be addressing the american people about his successful coup d'état within the next 5 minutes.

(okay, I know, wishful thinking, but I thought the idea might cheer some of us up)

So much for the constitution.

If that happened, I think you'd find myself part of an angry force that would make the tea party look like, well, a tea party. Seriously, people need to reevaluate the popularity of their movement compared with other movements.

I fully get you were being humorous, and I appreciate that; but I think many would approve of what you wrote without understanding the irony of being hot for the constitution at the same time.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
wonder if POTUS is removed from DC in an event like this?

good read guys at other's expense (hang in there S-Dog
)...

You know, am I crazy or does weird stuff ALWAYS happen during drills or training exercises????

good question but i can't imagine the executive branch relies on the dc police force for issues/emergencies. i guess that the secret service has a higher level of tools and systems for protecting the executive branch that is entirely separate from dc police.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Mmm, something seems to be working:

www.rollcallradio.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Good...maybe i can get some sleep and not worry about the world...Thanks Doggie!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm sorry but this is not true.

I have a police scanner that is on my phone, I was actually in D.C. today with my family (I just got back to Baltimore). I usually listen in on new cities.

I listened to officers speaking etc.

I have to pics to prove so, if this is to be questioned.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
um - yes it is true. the radios are down

www.nationalterroralert.com...

Casing

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0

I listened to officers speaking etc.

I have to pics to prove so, if this is to be questioned.

I would like to see pictures ...

Not because I don't believe you mind you ...

Just cause I'm fascinated at the prospect of you proving that you heard something with pictures.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Casing

lo siento mi amigo pero...

I'm going to rely on listening to it.
Washington D.C. Police Feed.

I pulled up the scanner on my phone around 5:30 p.m. 3/29/2010 as i was getting onto the D.C. Amtrak

edit: so unless it happened before or afterwards, I apologize so. But the police department has contact, I literally just listened to it just now.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by elfulanozutan0]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

Lo siento tambien pero...

This happened TONIGHT. Not this morning.

It was just restored minutes ago.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I was referring to the pictures of me being in Washington. I visited to the Smithsonian, Capital Hill, Lincoln Memorial, and Washington Masonic Monument. All with pictures of me in them. Sorry if my statement wasn't in the correct context as in English is not my first language. Don't mean to go off track of the OPS post but.

I was there heard the police on the scanners so I KNOW that they weren't completely down.

edit for the OP: I was there TONIGHT p.m. is in the evening I left at 10:30 p.m. when the train did.

I was sleeping at 5:30 in the morning. I have the pictures to prove I was there TONIGHT

[edit on 29-3-2010 by elfulanozutan0]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
They went down at about 7:15pm

"

Sources tell FOX 5 that communication went down sometime around 7:15 p.m. on Monday night. That source also told FOX 5's Will Thomas that officers in the field have no way to respond to calls from dispatch via radio.

"

www.myfoxdc.com...

I just read above post though they MAY be back up now.

Casing

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Sokay elf, I was just messing with you a little.

Yeah they went out around 7pm and only recently came back on line.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
There's something wrong with that story. The online police scanners here have been working all day:

www.radioreference.com...

Airport, fire, police, etc. are all up and running and have been.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Mira ^^^^^ para arriba.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Anyone bother to call the white house to check and see whose still in charge? I'm still holding out on that long shot dream I had when I first heard about this until I hear otherwise.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

lo siento.

Wasn't aware that it happened at 7. I did listen in again around 9;00 pm when i returned to Union Station to return to Baltimore.

I guess those 2 hours I missed something.

I did constantly here sirens though while I was there.

Police radio can transfer or be on the fire radio at the same time.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Ok so now we have a brand new conspiracy. The non working communication systems were working for civilians, but not for first responders

Who wants to go first???

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I will.

It seem things are getting lost in translation here. So I'll document it like I'm writting a police report

5:00 p.m. Family and I buy train tickets from Baltimore Maryland to Washington D.C. The train is to leave at 5:30 p.m.

Somewhere between those two times I told my dad I have a police and Emt and fire radio on my phone, as my father is a firefighter in Dallas, Texas so I thought he would be interested. I didn't keep down what time because I don't have OCD.

I took pictures at some of the smithsonian museums that closed at 7:30 since the train ride is 45 minutes then you have to take the subway.

I here sirens every so often while I was there.

The last train from D.C. to Baltimore leaves at 10:30 p.m.

We got at Union Station at 9:00 pm (a little after for people who take things WAY to literally) We hate at Sbarro I bought a magazine (suppose to be about masonry) after about half way through I through it away cause it was nonsense and...

...I started listening the the D.C. police on my phone.

So I'm going to go with my personal experience and remeber my good memories with my family and leave the rest up to you to bicker about

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join