It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer recreates Jesus' face for History

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Thanks Jazzy,

Cool thread. I look forward to a better shot from the front or something.. but I've never been a Christian that believed he was blonde hair and blue eyed.. that's just silly considering where he was born.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I was told at one point that the shroud of turin was created by Leonardo Da Vinci through placing the cloth on his face after being soaked in certain simple chemicals, and letting sunlight from his window make a chemical imprint of his face.

No evidence.

Simply told by an old friend and Ph.D student in biochemistry.

Worth a look up though.

I'd do it myself but I have no time right now.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I was raised a Missionary Baptist here in Louisiana, and we were NEVER taught that Jesus was white. That is absurd, he was a JEW, for pete's sake!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Obviously...I mean, he was born in the middle east...if he were born a white dude, then there would have been record of him looking different then the people around him.

The image we have of Christ is a created one.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by willis7737

Well, the image on the shroud certainly looks like Leonardo's face.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cef104f6d451.jpg[/atsimg]
The resemblance is uncanny.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The first mention of the shroud comes from a treatise (written or dictated) by Geoffroi de Charny in 1356 and who claims to have owned the cloth (see The Book of Chivalry of Geoffroi De Charny). Later, in the 16th century, it suddenly appeared in a cathedral in Turin, Italy. (Note that thousands of claimed Jesus relics appeared in cathedrals throughout Europe, including the wood from the cross, chalices, blood of Jesus, etc. These artifacts proved popular and served as a prosperous commercial device which filled the money coffers of the churches.) [See The Family Jewels for some examples.]

even though the shroud is a fake its still cool that they created the image. Good stuff.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Fascinating! Though I don't believe that the Shroud of Turin has Jesus on it. Still very interesting post, though. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Nice posting. I saw this today. More detail, longer/in depth story and more pic.

Source: cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

Worth the look if you like this subject.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

its strange that if its a forgery, as I was inclined to think, shouldn't it be in the image of its creator, a european? add that to the text that was discovered, the equivalent of a modern day "toe tag"...who knows what to make of it all

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

They will make that image look more and more alive.
Sort of meet your maker so you recognize Him when he comes
for you as he did for St. Steven.
I don't think its necessary but got to be more interesting than Avatar
and might eventually go on youtube so I can see it.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If he really was the king of men, how large was his "unit"? Does the shroud show that?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi
If he really was the king of men, how large was his "unit"? Does the shroud show that?

This is important to you.
Duh.
Wrong forum for you perhaps.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
"The Real Face of Jesus" was a spectacular show. Michael/Christ Jesus' correct likeness being decoded is another sign of the End Times for people to ponder about.

Since the Shroud can neither be proven nor disproven, considering whether or not it depicts Michael as the Christ is like all other things of Yahweh - it rests on common sense and faith.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think they aired this on Easter Sunday and of course I missed it! Can someone post a picture of his face and we can check it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join