It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wi-Fi anxiety: Man sues neighbor to shut off electronics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wow this thread...

Has anyone experienced the total peace and quiet when the electricity goes out for more than a few minutes, say a few hours?

It feels as if a lot of the anxiety just disappears from you.

I can't say that I notice WiFi connections when they are on but I can sense the phone making this weird "sssszzzz" type of "sound" if you can even call it a sound right before it rings.

I wonder if anyone else has "heard" their phone before they actually heard it start ringing?

Also flourescent lights are killer. I don't know how anyone can concentrate with flourescent lights on for more than 10 minutes. It just feels like they are 'buzzing' non-stop.

Same with TV's. I used to be able to tell when a TV was turned on just by the noise of the electronics starting up, even if i was on a totally different floor of my house. The same thing with a CRT.

I haven't used bluetooth so I can't really comment on that.

Some people are just more sensitive than others to these types of electronics but I don't think they are looking for attention, I sure am not. I just try to avoid getting into these situations or avoid going to places where I sense a lot of these EM waves.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

So what about microwaves from satellites? They're in roughly the same band as Wifi, so are cell towers, satellite radio, GPS, radar from the airport, WiMAX.. if you stand in the middle of an empty field you're still bathed in the same radiation.

The only thing that's changed in recent times is that now people have a little box in their house to point to that utilizes these bands. It's easier to blame something if it's right there I guess. But get rid of the box and nothing changes. There's no where on Earth you can stand and not have it passing through you.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

True there are waves coming down pretty much everywhere but if you have multiple things giving off these waves it just pronounces the effect more.

I can't see how they are all on the same wavelength/frequency, wouldn't that interfere with every device?

Also, I live out in the middle of no where, pretty much state protected land around me so its pretty peaceful and my closest neighbors must be at least 600ft+ away.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Well they aren't overlapping, but they're in the same range, between 1-6GHz, most of it is in the 1-2.5GHz range.

The output of a radio transmitter from any local radio station dwarfs the power output of anything else you'd ever encounter by many factors so in theory people who believe they have this should pretty much die when they go within a few miles of one.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magzoid

Originally posted by saturnine_sweet
reply to post by Magzoid

Very nice, very nice. Id take that bet too, if it is for bluetooth. But I wouldnt need but about a minute with that. lol

I'm sure there would be some person cofident enough to take this bet on - if not on here maybe the mythbusters crew or the skeptics society.

I'd do it for free just to prove a point and give credence to all the other ES sufferers out there.

I am more than confident to test you out. Trouble is, How do I get you, to me? Im in Australia and you are?

I can guarentee you I will still have my Money at the end of the day.

Rules are though. If you do not guess correctly in a 10 hour period, the test is finished.

You will not be able to detect when a Wifi Router or Bluetooth device is switched on or off.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

Well they aren't overlapping, but they're in the same range, between 1-6GHz, most of it is in the 1-2.5GHz range.

The output of a radio transmitter from any local radio station dwarfs the power output of anything else you'd ever encounter by many factors so in theory people who believe they have this should pretty much die when they go within a few miles of one.

I agree wholeheartedly..

And I'll reiterate what Zombie says.

There's nowhere on the planet you can stand without getting bombarded by RF.. No Where. Even Underwater some RF get's through.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I can sympathize with this guy. No, I'm not affected by the same. I do sometimes wonder though if all these low powered high frequencies can have some kind of negative affect when combined, maybe a kind of binaural beat effect.

Those signals could be the cause of birth defects, it could explain those increases in autism since they have now assured us it's not related to all those shots we get shortly after birth. It could explain some of the problems we've noticed with the bats and the bees. It could explain why people seem to be slowly going insane (road rage, domestic abuse, suicides, depression, stress, etc.).

It's hard to imagine that all those signals aren't having some kind of cumulative affect upon us all. It sure does seem like everything humanity is doing these days is leading us all towards some kind of ultimate negative outcome. Even if the radiation from all this junk doesn't kill us, we'll have killed our planet and thus ourselves anyhow after raping and polluting the crap out of the earth to make all this unnecessary junk we call our life now.

I say lets press the RESET BUTTON and toss all this junk away and go back to being farmers living in little log houses out on the prairie.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007

Originally posted by Magzoid

reply to post by Magzoid

Very nice, very nice. Id take that bet too, if it is for bluetooth. But I wouldnt need but about a minute with that. lol

I'm sure there would be some person cofident enough to take this bet on - if not on here maybe the mythbusters crew or the skeptics society.

I'd do it for free just to prove a point and give credence to all the other ES sufferers out there.

I am more than confident to test you out. Trouble is, How do I get you, to me? Im in Australia and you are?

I can guarentee you I will still have my Money at the end of the day.

Rules are though. If you do not guess correctly in a 10 hour period, the test is finished.

You will not be able to detect when a Wifi Router or Bluetooth device is switched on or off.

Whereabouts in Aussie are you?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Magzoid

I'm here, in Queensland. Near Kingaroy..

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

"I say lets press the RESET BUTTON and toss all this junk away and go back to being farmers living in little log houses out on the prairie"

YES. How i'd love to be able to do that.. But, it still wouldn't stop us from being bathed in RF, unfortunately...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

I agree wholeheartedly..

And I'll reiterate what Zombie says.

There's nowhere on the planet you can stand without getting bombarded by RF.. No Where. Even Underwater some RF get's through.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Damian-007]

There appears to be an inverse square rule that applies here. The effects of standing right next to an emitter v's being on the other side of the city is vast/
The further you are away from the signal the less effect it has.

As for an iphone for example, holding one while sending a large file on email will produce he effects within a few seconds. Stand 5m away and it might take a minute, 20m away and the effects won't be noticeable.

Ask any ES person and they will tell you the same.

It's why you get people like this: www.timesonline.co.uk...
They are true tinfoil hat people but with a reason.

I too am ES but not to the point of having to 'suit up' you learn little tricks to avoid it in the same way a nut allergy victim avoids nuts.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

I'm not even sure that microwaves @ 2.x GHz would be able to penetrate your skull at such low power output. Longer waves, like from a radio station would be much more efficient. Since, for example, your regular old microwave oven uses a band around 2.5GHz but operates at a power around 1100 Watts. At that power it's penetrating depth is still very shallow which is why the outside of meat cooks so much quicker than the inside.

If you go to a more industrial microwave oven, like the ones they use at McDonalds and other fastfood places, they operate using much longer waves, like 400-500MHz @ over 2KW so the food cooks all the way through.

AM/FM radio bands use 145.5KHz and up and go through everything at powers of up to 100,000 Watts.

Wifi deals in milliwatts, usually 50-100mW.

But then again RF sensitivity isn't really grounded in logical thinking. Like I said on the first page, it's a symptom of deeper psychological issues in most cases.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Magzoid

I'm here, in Queensland. Near Kingaroy..

I am in Sydney.
pm me when you're in town

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You're right to a certain extent. The reason Microwave cooks is because of the Frequency it uses. 2.4ghz is such a short wavelength compared to HF or VHF which is what AM radio Uses. However in saying that, the longer the Wavelength the deeper it penetrates. So you are exactly right about the Depth of penetration.

Microwave Cooking or heating relies on the Moisture Content of whatever it's Affecting. Because Microwaves are so Short in Cycle, it's this Cycle that Vibrates the moisture content and creates Friction.

Microwaves do not penetrate very deeply as you say and this is why I think WiFi and Bluetooth could have a very negligible effect on anyone. Considering that Bluetooth has an output of around 1 milliwat and WiFi has an output of up to 500 milliwatts.

It's like you say, Zombie, I think it's more Mental than Physical..

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Id just like to say that youre a pompous ass. That will get me a warning, Im sure, but there it is. You have no proof that it is psychological, only your bias. Obviously, the things you have discounted...ARENT WHAT ARE RESPONSIBLE, THEN! woooo genius! That by no mean disproves that there IS an effect that is in some way related to certain devices.

Turn off your arrogance and look at things for what they are. Epilepsy was demon possession once, too....everyone knew that.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

Both of you are bound and determined to dismiss the subject with abject arrogance, rather than looking for other factors. Imagine that.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Id just like to say that youre a pompous ass. That will get me a warning, Im sure, but there it is. You have no proof that it is psychological, only your bias. Obviously, the things you have discounted...ARENT WHAT ARE RESPONSIBLE, THEN! woooo genius! That by no mean disproves that there IS an effect that is in some way related to certain devices.

Turn off your arrogance and look at things for what they are. Epilepsy was demon possession once, too....everyone knew that.

Well, for what it's worth, I hope you don't get a warning
lol

But if you read my first post on the first page you would see that I do have anecdotal proof that it is psychological.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That being what, pray tell? Ive seen no proof of anything, other than eliminating a few possible causes.

[edit on 3/28/2010 by saturnine_sweet]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

To add to that, people can have almost any symptoms that mimic any number of real health issues for psychological reasons...so even if you proved one psychological, that means absolutely nothing lol

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnine_sweet

You didn't read it did you.

Like I said, I had to accumulate volunteer hours in university by volunteering at the hospital where I ran across quite a few people who claimed they had this. In all cases they either suffered from OCD or some other delusion causing disorder. A few were brought on by psychosis relating to opiate addiction, usually heroin or fentanyl. What starts it is they read about it or hear about it from someone and they believe they also have it.

To calm their delusions all that needed to be done is convince them that there was no RF in the room, or in the wing of the hospital we were in. You'd tell them that we turned it off to respect their condition or something along those lines and sure enough it would go away.

One time I walked in on a patient carrying some black folders on a clipboard and she thought it was a laptop and had a total conipition fit, writhing in pain. When I showed her what it actually was, she changed her mind and said it was because the door was open and people had computers outside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join