It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CFTC Whistleblower Injured in London hit-and-run

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Those following the Maguire exposé have probably already read today's NYT piece. If not , blogger Dave In Denver , a frequent contributor to Bill Murphy's Le Metropole Cafe put this up today....

Sunday, April 11, 2010
The Sunday New York Post Publishes the Andrew Maguire Silver Manipulation Story

Word to me from a very good friend of mine in NYC who knows someone at the NY Post is that JP Morgan went "all out" to try and prevent this story from being published.

Full Text

Dave's blog is a handy place to pick-up daily Le Met out-takes for those that don't subscribe.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
GATA/Maguire story has been making the Chinese web press. Here's an offering from Jim Willie much less , posted on something called Popular Financing in both Chinese & English.

Two U.S. Dollar Signposts and Gold Silver Stealth

Full Text

But here's my favorite from....

Australia's largest newspaper notes GATA's complaint to CFTC

Full Text

Too Much!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Some of my friends who have their silver at the Perth Mint have told me that the Andrew Maguire story has them worried about whether there's any real metal there or whether it's paper silver.

Quite honestly I don't know what to tell them. Personally I like to hold it myself in physical form. A few commentators out there say that when the default comes and Comex goes bust, all promises to deliver gold and silver will be broken and trust will be impossible to find.

That's quite a scary prospect. Other people think that the precious metals defaults will be what trigger the dollar collapse and hyperinflation. That would be a very difficult environment to survive in if you don't have a good amount of physical gold and silver handy.

In other countries like Zimbabwe or Argentina, when the hyperinflation sets in, there's a process called dollarization of the economy which sets in, where US dollars replace the local currency which people lose faith in. With the US dollar itself, there's no such option. Instead you'd have a gold-and-silverization, with silver being something like a de-facto currency for day-to-day purchases like food and gold for big rare purchases lke land.

The thing is that a huge fraction of transactions today are done over the internet. That's hard to do with gold and silver because they're physical instead of the purely notional Federal Reserve Notes which are just accounting units. I know a few folks who are working on a system to bring physical gold and silver online so that you can spend your silver and gold coins over the internet. It's a step beyond the Goldmoney and e-gold ideas because those systems have their gold in a vault in London and you have to trust them that the gold exists. You can't get the gold or spend gold you already have. The new system also is decentralized which I think will be a big thing in the future when the need to have wealth in a robust form is upon us.

Andrew Maguire might be pushing these things to a head. The prices of silver and gold have been marching merrily upwards since his announcement, but from what he says, the price smackdowns will continue until enough people start asking for delivery. Thing is, you have to have a huge amount of gold before you can take delivery from most of the ETFs and so on. Certainly more than I have or am ever likely to have.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Still no information on the hit & run perp that assaulted Maguire & wife...not even a name

How 'bout a comprehensive 50 page missive published in DGC Magazine while we wait...and....wait...and.............wait.

GO GATA!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Star and flag because this is important.

This happens more than people know.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The ripples are turning into waves.

Motley Fool shouts out:
Everybody out of the Gold Pool!

Astonishing Revelations

At the same hearing, GATA chairman Bill Murphy presented allegations of gold and silver price-suppression by bullion banks such as JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) and HSBC (NYSE: HBC). Revelations from London metals trader (turned whistleblower) Andrew Maguire heaped additional corroboration onto evidence that GATA has been building for more than a decade. As a result, I urged investors to give careful consideration to their choice of bullion investment vehicles, and pointed out that the custodians of popular proxies like the SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE: GLD) and the iShares Silver Trust (NYSE: SLV) are the very same bullion banks alleged by GATA to maintain massive short positions on the COMEX.

www.fool.com...

Starred and Flagged!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Pay Me My Silver NOW!
by Bix Weir

The GATA boys are in the know
Pay me my Silver NOW!
Tin Foil Hat's at the Silver show
Pay me my Silver NOW! - Link

Written & Performed by
Bix Weir

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Snip from last nights Le Met:

"I am not at liberty in any way to go into further detail but I can say there are growing developments behind the scenes which are going to send the prices of gold and silver sharply higher … and they relate directly to what GATA has been saying for 11+ years!!!" - Bill Murphy

I'm hearing unconfirmed rumblings that charges are being drawn in the DOJ criminal investigation of JPM, and after 11+ years of being tin-foiled by the mainstream mouthketeers, Midas has to bite his tongue.

Gold/Silver bottomed and began the current upleg the day of the CFTC hearing on metals manipulation.

Coincidence ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/899b2005fcf8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Andrew Maguire has remained mum on the topic of his hit & run "accident", hesitant to infer willful wrongdoing...

until now apparently:

Attempted murder?

Maguire and his wife were involved in a bizarre car accident in London, the New York Post reported March 29.

Maguire told WND he reluctantly has come to believe the car accident was an attempt on his life.

"We got hit in the side at full acceleration and tried to corral the cars in a gas station, including the guy who hit us with a commercial vehicle," Maguire explained.

The assailant then got in his car and accelerated, hitting a number of cars as he escaped from the gas station, making the event into a hit-and-run situation.

"The police told us the assailant was known to them and even that they arrested him," Maguire said. "But recently the police won't say anything, and I haven't been able to learn anything about the assailant." - Full Text

Does it bother anyone else that after approx 2 months, we know absolutely nothing about the perpetrator in what has been officially labeled a simple hit & run ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join