It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want to know why some Americans are angry?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
SM2

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A large share of the angry Americans right now are feeling this way as a result of crap like this here....

www.nytimes.com...

or maybe

www.breitbart.tv...

or posssibly, the campaign funding fraud of "coffingate" the coffin that was supposedly a threat to congressman Carnahan from MO. The threat that has changed days 3 times now. I think a good portion of Americans are mad at the way the bill was passed but more angry that if they are against the bill they are automatically...

1. Racists
2. Right Wing Extremeists
3. uneducated rednecks
4. terrorists

It would seem that there is more violence and threats of violence coming from the left, the side that won if you dont remember. I would go so far as to think that all of these "threats" on congressmen were fabricated. One has already been proven to be a hoax.

biggovernment.com...

Man I have never seen such sore winners.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think some Americans are also angry because they've realised that the American Dream that they've been sold, how if you work hard enough you will succeed and that you can go to the very top, is bollocks for 99% of the population. It's similar to the alleged Marx quote about religion: it's an opiate to keep the masses quiet and distracted.

There's a lot of Americans angry generally these days.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SM2

Well you are alleging two things. Dirty campaigns against your side and lazy labellings..

Well since when has western politics politics not been guilty of what you claim??? This may have been a very virulent form of conflict but iti is politics as we know it. Do rememebr Machiavelli - he wrote it all.

Most of us are scared for the future and that breeds jumpy and angry people.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think many are angered over the fact that Washington and the left, in general, are either ignoring their pleas, mocking them or flat insulting them.

Evidence of this is Obama's constant cuddling (not coddling) with SEIU and other organizations, which do not represent the majority of the country.

The Service Employees International Union is the fastest-growing union in North America, focused on uniting workers in the key service sectors to improve their lives and the services they provide. The 2.2 million members united in SEIU across the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico work in three service industry "divisions":

Health Care - With over 1 million members in the field,...

Public Services - SEIU is the second largest union of public service employees with 850,000...

Property Services - SEIU is the largest property services union, with more than 225,000 workers...
www.seiu.org...

2.2 million in three countries.

What about the majority of Americans who opposed the HCR bill? The latest average of polls shows 50.1% of Americans opposed and 40.8% favored. www.realclearpolitics.com...
50.1% is approximately 153.8 million.

153.8 million versus 2.2 million. When you can't explain why the voices of 2.2 million are heard over those of 153.8 million, you have explained why there is so much anger. And, I can tell you, amongst those with whom I come into contact on a daily basis, it is very near the boiling point. Very near. My estimate is temperature is at about 200 F and rising.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I was too young to notice/remember anything before Bush, but with Bush and Obama I have noticed the trend that any form of dissent is mocked.

If you opposed Bush or the Iraq war, you were unpatriotic, you were told you could go live in the Middle East, you were just a whiny liberal, you were Anti-American.

Now if you oppose Obama, you're racist, you're a terrorist, a right wing extremist, you're just out to get Obama and want him to fail at all costs, etc.

It's nonsense and it probably won't end any time soon. It's frustrating as all get out to have your concerns as a citizen be relegated to just being a whiner or worse.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

In the past, the tactics of marginalizing the opposition and promoting of class warfare have been succesful to to the two party system. I believe we are nearing the demise of that system, thankfully.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
People are angry because of the economy.

If the economy was thriving people wouldn't even be paying attention to what is going on in Washington.

That's why many people never really paid attention to what was passed during the Bush years. That is until the economy started to go south.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SM2
www.nytimes.com...

Thanks for that. The Boehner Video at that link is hilarious.

From your link:

If Obama’s first legislative priority had been immigration or financial reform or climate change, we would have seen the same trajectory. The conjunction of a black president and a female speaker of the House — topped off by a wise Latina on the Supreme Court and a powerful gay Congressional committee chairman — would sow fears of disenfranchisement among a dwindling and threatened minority in the country no matter what policies were in play. It’s not happenstance that Frank, Lewis and Cleaver — none of them major Democratic players in the health care push — received a major share of last weekend’s abuse. When you hear demonstrators chant the slogan “Take our country back!,” these are the people they want to take the country back from.

This paragraph pretty much tells it all in my opinion. People are AFRAID of diversity, acceptance, equal rights and CHANGE. THAT'S why the right is angry. Because they are afraid.

[edit on 3/28/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yep, everything is a-ok. Nothing to see here. Just go on and do all the things that you have been doing. Enjoy the activities and hobbies that you always have. Just because things are not how you wanted them to turn out is no reason to complain.

Some people think that I read too much.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What about those of us who are not on the right? I'm a Hispanic immigrant, and I'm a Constitutionalist who gets tired of being called a racist for wanting our government to play by the rules. I've been called an extremist, a radical. And none of that is true. You think I don't remember the Bush years? Hell I was afraid Bush would never leave office.

I'm not on the right, but I get lumped in with the right, just like I got lumped in with the left when Bush was in office.

Why don't you go ahead and tell me what I'm afraid of.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

hey..nice to hear from you again BH...i couldn't have said it better myself, but i'll keep writing...just haven't seen your posts lately.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

La Migra!!!!!!!!

I agree with you. Not everybody can be lumped into one category.

Personal hardship itself is enough reason to make people angry regardless of who is running the country.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
What about those of us who are not on the right?

Then you don't fit into the group of people I was talking about. Read my post again. I share an opinion with the author.

I'm a Hispanic immigrant, and I'm a Constitutionalist who gets tired of being called a racist for wanting our government to play by the rules.

I believe in the Constitution, too, and I didn't call anyone a racist.

I'm not on the right, but I get lumped in with the right, just like I got lumped in with the left when Bush was in office.

Join the crowd. I didn't lump you in with anyone. Take a deep breath. My post was not a personal attack against you.
I wasn't even thinking of you at all.
If you're not on the right, why did you take such offense?

I don't know what you're afraid of.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

What about those of us who are not on the right? I'm a Hispanic immigrant, and I'm a Constitutionalist who gets tired of being called a racist for wanting our government to play by the rules. I've been called an extremist, a radical. And none of that is true. You think I don't remember the Bush years? Hell I was afraid Bush would never leave office.

I suggest the real reason is that most americans have no understanding of the ideological differences between right and left. We are in a period of a decline of in depth political theoretical discussion. Everyone is just running scared at this moment and are confused. believe me right andf left have strong ideologies and solid economic theories. Ask yourself how many have actually READ marx, Lenin or Trotsky outside of Harvard?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Those that enslave others in order to get what they want will burn in hell one day when their world is turned into a pile of ashes. A RIGHT is NOT a RIGHT when it forces, enslaves, one individual to do something for another. All those that are for this MANDATORY health care reform are sinners, essentially slave masters, and for that they should burn in hell for their crime of enslaving another human to satisfy their needy needs and wanty wants.

Do everything you can people to destroy the economy because that is our only chance to free ourselves from these heathens that want to tell you what to do, how to live, and how much you should slave for THEM. Crash this economy!!! Do not buy a damn thing you do not absolutely need. Do not keep your money in the bank. Work extra slow at work. Stop paying those shakedown taxes. Stop paying the bankers what you owe them. Buy stuff made in china and not here. Use all your sick days at work. Do whatever you can think of to crash this economy, because I swear, it's the only way we will be able to free ourselves from this kind of domination and oppression. Stop playing da mans slave games. It's better to be free and poor than poor and enslaved. I mean, would you rather burn your last dollar or allow it to be stolen from you for the benefit of some lazy asses that feel they are entitled to your earned income instead of your and your family?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I mean, would you rather burn your last dollar or allow it to be stolen from you for the benefit of some lazy asses that feel they are entitled to your earned income instead of your and your family?

I rather help people with that last dollar. Unlike you, I don't consider everybody lazy asses.

Many, like my brother, are just some hard working Americans down on their luck.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

You see, THAT is how it is suppose to work. YOU help YOURS, I'll help MINE. I don't want to help YOUR brother, I don't even know or care about your brother, I have my own to help right here. Help should be voluntary. Help is not YOU putting a law and gun to MY head and forcing me to help YOUR brother. I quit working for da man back in 1996, swore that I would never pay another dime of income tax every again if I can help it, because I'd rather help MY OWN .. not you, not your brother, not anyone else. Keep your fingers out of my pockets and I will let you keep those fingers .. and your life.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Those that enslave others in order to get what they want will burn in hell one day when their world is turned into a pile of ashes.

If, in my mind, I am free, no man can enslave me.

I mean, would you rather burn your last dollar or allow it to be stolen from you for the benefit of some lazy asses that feel they are entitled to your earned income instead of your and your family?

If those are the only alternatives, I'd rather it be "stolen".

I would hope that I am not so enslaved to the idea that things are more important, or valuable, than people that I would begrudge anyone of anything that they "needed" more than I; even if that "need" is only in their eyes.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Or the guy who lives in the woods near our home. He served his country and the government tossed him aside after they were done with him. I give to him regularly. Money, clothes, food, blankets, whatever. And many people in our rural neighborhood contribute to his needs. It's the idea of the group, most of whom are fortunate, being willing to help out our fellow man, who has not been so fortunate. That's what health care is on a much larger scale.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join