It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Federal Raid in Lenawee County

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
in that article i posted above it said they were caught as they reached the rally points... sounds like an inside job to me..? how bout you... unless they bugged em or something...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LatentElement

Maybe I've missed it. Could post anyone who has said Obama is not the duly elected president. Maybe they have but that has never been my no the majority argument by a long shot. Not even close.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Well, the odd thing is I am in the middle of a book by William Johnstone, and one of the main subjects is how the guvmint plants so many people on the inside of militias and such. They are not strangers, but people that the groups were comfortable with, had always known. Mostly they had gotten into tax trouble or some such, and that was used as leverage against them. The funny thing is, the book was published in 1996! I think that it's pretty obvious that they had inside info and acted on it for some unknown-to-us reason. I bet that reason will become more clear just shortly, though. The "official" reason will prolly not be one we will believe!

Edit punctuation

[edit on 3/28/10 by jennybee35]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, I just found this while looking into hutaree. This is a quote by a woman who supposedly fled after the raids.

The Federal Authorities have raided not only our group but also the Michigan Militia. They have hijacked their website and placed word there that they were not raided. We need some help please. This has to stop. I am enroute south with my children using the wifi’s as I can. They were catching others as they came to their rallying points, they broke into homes and took children and used the tasers on wives, my son who is 12 and I got out by crawling through the creeks behind our house. My husband and others are taken, please call the press and tell them, if any in the Michigan Militia is still free please rally with them. Please help.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nesta

I think that she's exaggerating a bit. If they were at the rally points it would have ment they were armed and that their would have been fighting between the militia members and the Feds. There would have been casaulties on both sides. Attacking people homes, tazering women ... there would have been return fire and casaulties.

The Feds can cover up alot ... but they can't cover up a mini war.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by ChrisF231]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nesta

myes it has, 21 minutes ago sir
but this is new:

A U.S. official says some of the people arrested by the FBI in Midwest raids this weekend face gun charges.

FBI raids in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio have resulted in three arrests, and officials are pursuing other suspects.

who called it?
lol

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
cbs4.com...

wow, this artcile has subliminal propaganda all over, demonizing the militia, the tea party and other grousp with 3 simple words... "we the people" check it out... brought to you by none other than CBS with their all seeing eye... pfft

[edit on 28-3-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
www.indianamilitia.org...

The Indiana Militia Corps is on high alert:

HIGH Orange Warning Enemy action imminent MDC-2 Small unit Leaders prepare to assist. Be ready to move on 2 hour notice. If possible, pre- evacuate immediate family members and their personal gear. Maintain close contact with your immediate chain of command and team members.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I agree that she is most likely exaggerating a bit, who wouldn't after experiencing getting raided, especially if they had the mindset that the ... has hit the fan. I don't see why you picked out the rallying points as the exaggeration however, I don't think we can assume that they were armed or that a fight would have broken out if there were rally points. This woman escaped by herself with her son, perhaps the people she was referring to being caught at the rally points were other women and children, or maybe small groups of people who realized that they had no chance of fighting, or any number of other possibilities, I don't know, all I'm saying is that rally points do not seem all that far fetched.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

You're kidding right. Most people don't want to get involved on a regular daily basis. If that's going on there to scared to want to do anything.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
hmmmmmm??

theintelhub.blogspot.com...

Today at about 6:20 AM militia groups were raided this morning in multiple states. Ohio, Michigan, and reports of activity in North Carolina and Oklahoma. Road blocks confirmed in North Carolina and Ohio. Search warrants were obtained. Seven people involved were arrested near the Ohio boarder. Militias are on highest alert, some have been deployed.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
detnews.com...

Mike Lackomar, of Michiganmilitia.com, said both The Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia and the Michiganmilitia.com were not a part of the raid.

Lackomar said he heard from other militia members that the FBI targeted the Hutaree after its members made threats of violence against Islamic organizations.

"Last night and into today the FBI conducted a raid against homes belonging to the Hutaree. They are a religious cult. They are not part of our militia community," he said.

And that is coming from a militia member.

Dawud Walid, executive director of the Council on Islamic-American Relations of Michigan, made an announcement Sunday during the group's 10th anniversary banquet about receiving a call from a network journalist about the alleged threat against Muslims.

"Don't allow this news to scare you away from practicing your faith," said Walid.

Audible gaps were heard throughout the banquet hall when the news was announced. Walid said he will call local authorities about more information on the allegations. He urged local Muslims to recommitt themselves to their faith in light of the accusations.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I can see where some people are skeptical of what is going on, but something tells me this raid was legit, well as legit as it could be considering the Patriot Act.

The post with what the women was saying sounds like she was trying to get people all huffy puffy into doing something. Although I'd imagine that the militias are on high alert because of this. Should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

FBI agents removed boxes of evidence and at least two dogs "trained to do bodily harm" from a house they raided over the weekend in Whiting, Indiana, according to a witness

Agents carried away several boxes from the home, according to the witness, an employee at Gusto's Pizza, which is located directly adjacent to the raided property. Two of three dogs were also removed from the property. The dogs were "aggressive" and had been "trained to do bodily harm."

The target of the raid, a caucasian man, lived at the property with his brother, according to the witness. The brothers lived there for at least six years, he said.

The FBI agents told employees of Gusto's Pizza to remain indoors during the operation, and would not let delivery men in or out of the building. At least one FBI agent mentioned bomb-making materials and firearms were part of the raid.

A resident of the street, reached for comment, said he was told "not to say anything" and would not corroborate the witnesses claims.

Source: www.nbcchicago.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wonder what they were planning...must have been something big..perhaps along the Tim McVeign lines.

Actually, the hard right should be celebrating the rounding up of the extreme fringe...such an act would only make people vote for the left. Having a party associated with modern day domestic terrorism is not a great selling point.

I am leaping to conclusions...lord knows homeland security tends to overreact.

-add: I wonder if this has any connection with the nitro being found here and there...

[edit on 28-3-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rick1

Hey rick,
It was actually said by some militia dude in the video of 'ohiomalitia' posted by thecoffinman ...
found on page two of the thread.
Here's a link for ya, bro:
FBI Conducts Raids (pg. 2)
Go to 6:50 time mark.
Posted on youtube ...
And they wonder why the feds are knockin' on the door?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Freep.com

Dawud Walid, head of the Michigan branch of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said he was told that the Christian militia group may have been plotting against American Muslims.

"We salute the FBI for breaking up a militia that was seeking to harm American Muslims," Walid said. Walid said he publicly announced the FBI raids at his group's 10th annual banquet today in Dearborn, which featured the Rev. Jesse Jackson as the keynote speaker.

Hutaree means "Christian warrior," according to the group.

Good....these Christian terrorists need to be taken out. I hope all these militia groups are infiltrated with moles. They need to be watched carefully....

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Medieval1028]

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Medieval1028]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

You really do not understand what a militia is all about do you? This was a group of people that the regular militia wanted nothing to do with. They were a fringe group to say the least. Don't go grouping all militia groups into one basket, because I am sure you would not want the same thing to be done to you.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
well if what this lady is saying the blogs on the milita page is true. Which it possibly may not be. That means the members on the run can meet again and retaliate and start this whole thing off.

Seems like they were a Radical Group!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The reason why we are going after militia groups is because most of them have a lot of dangerous weapons. Everything from RPGs, hand grenades, and customized fully automatic weapons. You can simply take any standard AR-15 or any other semi automatic assault rifle used for "hunting" and turn it into a fully automatic assault rifle. The steps which I will not list are very very easy. This can be done simply with a twist tie in some weapons.

Now if these weapons were to get into the wrong hands one could imagine that it could have devastating consequences. The majority of militia groups protect their own for obvious reasons, but there are those who seek to create havoc to the United States or anyone who disagrees with their beliefs.

I think this is justified and at least our government is looking into the insider threat.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join