It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Federal Raid in Lenawee County

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by Medieval1028

You really do not understand what a militia is all about do you? This was a group of people that the regular militia wanted nothing to do with. They were a fringe group to say the least. Don't go grouping all militia groups into one basket, because I am sure you would not want the same thing to be done to you.

I know exactly what these so-called lovers of the Constitution are and it has nothing to do with the Constitution....or, for that matter, the rule of law. I've been there....I've seen it from the inside since the 1970's. It's hate for anyone who is actually using the Constitution to live as a free American. It's armed insurrection against those who were legally elected by citizens of our country. Militias are no better than a street gang or terrorist group. All have one thing in common....self survival at the expense of others.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Question: What do these militias want? Why won't anyone look at the core problem?

Does anyone know what they want, or why they have taken arms against the government?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yeah, there has been a lot of insurrections since the 1970's huh?

Let me see, the Branch Davidians, what did they do, oh they died when the ATF killed them.

Timothy McVeigh, let me see, he was the latest. Have you done any investigation into that?

How bout the other SUPPOSED extremist militias? Oh do you really want a list of them or are you here to just TRY and lump everyone into the SUPPOSED homegrown terrorists box?

Frelling get a brain.

edit to add, you know we can see all of your posts correct? Everything is open to see here.

We try to get to the bottom of the truth. Nice to see you just think EVERY Christian should be rounded up and detained. NICE ATTITUDE.

[edit on 3/28/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Yeah and after that they should really start rounding up people that frequent conspiracy sites as well. I mean come on they shouldn't leave anyone out right? I think that you should be one of the first ones to have your house raided, it would set a good example. You never know you might have all kinds of improvised explosives and devises laying around since your into conspiracies.

You cannot target someone just because of their beliefs! These groups for the most part stand for the rights of the states and defend the constitution. Based on what your saying we should be out there right now kicking in every single muslim or arab persons door simply because they could be a terrorist and possibly have explosives!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yeah! Armed insurrection!
I mean it's on the news like every other day right! I see it all the time these armed people going crazy overthrowing governments!
/end sarcasm

I have seen these groups as well and they are peace loving family men for the most part. There are always a couple of crazies no matter what group you are in.

link   
Just found this on yahoo, not sure how credible it is, but it's in the media now.

news.yahoo.com...

link   

Originally posted by Pajjikor
I have to ask when this starts how will we know who is on what side.

the Revolutionaries will have the
pissed-off look in their eyes

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Don't be so naive. the reason there have been no insurrections is because these groups have been infiltrated since their grandpas were running corn whiskey. The Branch Davidians were hoarding illegal weapons and lead by a narcissist who thought he was the messiah and had every intention of killing his flock to make his point. Tim McVeigh was a typical right wing vigilante who thought the government owed something and wanted to play God...so he killed women and children to prove his point. I lump all militia and terrorists in the same pile of crap...

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Medieval1028]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jziegler

Oh, I like that article. Condition of anonymity, reports of bomb squads going into the residence, reports of gun charges.

I could write a report as thorough as that.

48 hours and I begin to make calls. Unless they are going to start rendition here in the US, we should be able to get the actual arrest records.

If we do not get any information, you can assume that rendition is beginning here in the US.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenbatsu
www.indianamilitia.org...

The Indiana Militia Corps is on high alert:

HIGH Orange Warning Enemy action imminent MDC-2 Small unit Leaders prepare to assist. Be ready to move on 2 hour notice. If possible, pre- evacuate immediate family members and their personal gear. Maintain close contact with your immediate chain of command and team members.

Wow.. they think they're on star trek I think! RED ALERT! Shield up captain! Geez... I *WANT* crazy people like that locked up.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

as far as the article says, more information will be available after their hearings on monday. i guess we'll have to wait and see. but like i said its yahoo, not sure how credible it is, especially since the anonymous person.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Glad to see that you are a CIP. Welcome to ATS.

Thanks for not denying ignorance.

I guess all Americans that distrust the government are terrorists. I guess all veterans are terrorists. I guess all people that think the IRS is illegal are terrorists. I guess anyone you want to label terrorists are terrorists.

Thanks for showing your true colors.

link   

reply to post by Reign02

Yeah and after that they should really start rounding up people that frequent conspiracy sites as well. I mean come on they shouldn't leave anyone out right? I think that you should be one of the first ones to have your house raided, it would set a good example. You never know you might have all kinds of improvised explosives and devises laying around since your into conspiracies.

You cannot target someone just because of their beliefs! These groups for the most part stand for the rights of the states and defend the constitution. Based on what your saying we should be out there right now kicking in every single muslim or arab persons door simply because they could be a terrorist and possibly have explosives!

Just because people are on conspiracy sites doesn't have anything to do with militias..... not all of us have fully automatic weapons that are ILLEGAL. And I said nothing about targeting someone for their beliefs, or kicking all arabs and muslims out of this country. DO NOT put words into my mouth. I am in the military so let them come and raid my house, because I got nothing to hide.... They are going after these people because most militia groups stock pile illegal weapons. I am not against militias simply because most of them stand up for Americans and their rights. Lets say that someone like Jihad Jane who is white with blond hair and is an American. Comes up to one of these groups and tries to buy some of the illegal weapons. Or uses propaganda to make them think the government is in process of stripping their rights and convinces them to assault the white house or a capital building. That just goes to show you that anyone can be persuaded to do things and weapons can and do often times end up in the wrong hands. It is a preemptive measure... Don't put words in peoples mouths and try to read their post fully to not misconstrue their words,
Thank you.

link   
reply to post by Pharyax

Yeah the government must think they are on star trek too... oh you must have forgotten the not so recent past? I remember a color scheme similar to this... where was it again???......Oh thats right the terror alert levels. Geesh get a life even the government uses color coded themes!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

First, you should learn how to read. Second, I am going based on the assumption that you have stock piled illegal explosives because there have been conspiracy related individuals in the past that have done this. These are your words not mine. You claim that since one or two has in the past then they all must do the same. So based on your ignorance I am using the same analogy. DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed the weird wording on the Hutaree site?

"Voice of the Martyrs"
"ten virgins"

That does not sound like a christian site to me.
Also both the Hutaree site and the Ohio Militia site have very similar backgrounds and layouts. I think there is more to the story than is being released right now.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Reign02

First, you should learn how to read. Second, I am going based on the assumption that you have stock piled illegal explosives because there have been conspiracy related individuals in the past that have done this. These are your words not mine. You claim that since one or two has in the past then they all must do the same. So based on your ignorance I am using the same analogy. DENY IGNORANCE!

WTF are you talking about.... What are my words?? All I said was the government is checking into these militias because not all of them are trying to protect our rights............ AND NO I DID NOT CLAIM since one or two of them in the past have done this then they all have....... YOU ARE PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH......you say I need to learn how to read, YOU DO. I am totally for having militia groups as long as they meet the criteria of the law. Wait let me break it down for you as you seem kind of simple minded.
As long as they are not stocking up on illegal weapons IE fully auto assault rifles, hand grenades, RPGs, and chemical weapons I have no problem with it.

People whine and cry about our government, well at least they are LOOKING (looking being the KEY word) into these militias to try and weed out groups and people that are just like Jihad Jane and other American "terrorists" because there are groups and cells that are here.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Someone's already said it. You can't lump all militias in one group of , just as you can't lump all conspiracy theorists in one group and label them as wackos. Already some have commented on this thread that they are involved in militias who don't use extremist methods.

Since we don't know what the true reason behind this raid is, we can only speculate. Maybe the govt. was justified, maybe not. From what I've seen recently in the MSM, the govt. is working overtime putting out stories suggesting politicians have been subjected to all kinds of violence since the health care bill passed. They've also systematically used the media to create the perception that this violence is coming from militia members and members of the tea party. Their intent, it seems, is to give the impression that these two groups are combining their efforts. At least this is the vibe I'm getting in the MSM in my neck of the woods. It was a very predictable move as far as I'm concerned.

While the above is worthy of concern, I have also come across a couple of militia websites where they make blatant threats of violence to the government. They claim they will shoot to kill and that they are ready to die on U.S. soil if provoked. Even though we are essentially under serious threat by our own government , I have to say some of these militias, IMO, are just dangerous, period.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jziegler

Interesting, the first comment to that article says:

"...Arrest the Tea Bag Militia Wingnuts!..."

The generalizing and demonizing of entire groups of people in this country, in the media, and even in the speeches of the POTUS are extremely pathetic and serve only those few who truly profit from the division of the People.

The stuff I read on my 'liberal progressive Democrat' friends' Facebook statuses, about 'conservatives, 'republicans' etc. has me
-ing.

Trust me people, we all have way more in common than those few pesky sensitive subjects we seem to disagree on. Stop being ruled by propaganda based on generalizations... start to deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Sealed warrants, how convenient. Could be sealed BLANK warrants as far as anybody is concerned just waiting to be filled out with convenient information.

Question: What is even the PURPOSE of a sealed warrant? Aren't the party/parties in question allowed to see a copy of the warrant if they request to do so? I'm confused.

Warrants are usually sealed to shield / protect informants (undercover or not), or if they are looking for something specific. DA's / city attorneys can also use just about any excuse a judge will buy to argue that disclosure of the warrants contents would jeopardize the immediate investigation.

Just guessing here..looks like protecting an informants ID, or looking for something specific.. for example bomb making supplies bar code #xxxxx law enforcement knows were purchased, or a weapon serial#xxxx sold to the suspect(s) by an informant / agent.

Another sign of a sealed warrant could very well be the investigation is on going, meaning the raids might not be over. Lets say the FBI had some "honey pot" weapons dealing sting set up to entice dozens of nutty militia rambos into buying illegal guns too cool and cheap to pass up.. stuff that level headed law abiding militia would ignore.

They always target the weak and or vulnerable. All it takes is ONE dufuss to do something stupid for the man to discredit an entire group.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join