It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Federal Raid in Lenawee County

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
not to mention the community service they did in recent past working with local authoritues in search and rescue missions.

their dogs are trained search and rescue and so are alot of their guys, they also have things that the police dont have like ATV's that they make available.

this is rediculous, this threads been trolled to hell and back. everybodies ignoring all the other accounts of whats REALLY going on from the actual POEPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT (not the msm and FBI seized websites).

based on everything presented i have no reason to believe these guys had any ill intent. and every reason to believe they are good citizens. sorry folks, not buyin it.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by natural life
He told me there were close to 50 FBI agents in town yesterday. They had also brought armored vehicles with them.

thanks natural

that is a great piece of intel of
strength and armor
armor is great against bullets
but makes a great tomb
when engulfed in flames

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
A bit of a twist on an old story from Nazi Germany...

First, they came for the radicals, but I was not a radical, so I said nothing.
Then they came for the extremists, but I was not an extremist, so again I did nothing.
Then they came for the militias, because they were organized, but I was just a normal "Joe," so I had nothing to offer.
Then they came for the political activists, but I just minded my own business.
Then they came for the Christians, but I was a Buddhist, so it did not effect me and I said nothing.
Then they came for the aged and the infirm, but I was still young and healthy, so it again didn't effect me.
Then they came for us normal "Joes" and I looked for help, but there was no one left.

Ninety Five percent of engineered social change is done "nickel and dime." They take away whatever people will tolerate and then they do it again and again and again.... Personally, I think the line in the sand would be when the government starts going after legitimate militias, because they are the last organized defense against a tyrannical government. Unfortunately however, I don't think people will wake up fast enough to stop the destruction of the militias once it begins. That just leaves islands of your everyday "Joe's", the you's and me's, let's just hope we are all on the same page ;-)

I don't advocate violence as I have been there, but I do promote knowledge. Educate yourselves in chemistry and survival techniques first, and learn patience.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Should NOT the greatest threat always be domestic though?

Drudge is reporting it is CHRISTIAN miilitia groups.

After 1996, I don't know who really would have the cajones to join a militia.
Don't know how you'd keep govt. agents from infiltrating - heck they even infiltrate peaceful groups.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
so what exactly are these people in the militia fighting for...the constitution....then a fight begins and next thing you know people are shooting and blowing things up right at our front doors...then our families are getting hurt...wow seems a whole lot like iraq to me...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You say you want a revolution
Well you know
We'd all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well you know
We'd all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out

You say you got a real solution
Well you know
We'd all want to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well you know
We're all doing what we can
But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell you is brother you'll have to wait

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

I agree with you, American militias are composed of patriots, not “terrorists.”

IMO, it looks as if our federal government is now starting another war, on a third front.

I hope all federal agents and local LEOs with an ounce of common sense realize the nature of the true danger facing Americans, and that is the danger being created by our corrupted federal government.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
www.start.umd.edu...

This is old, and not exactly related article just shows that they do like to through in conspiracy theorist. Makes for a better case.

Led by Bradley Glover, a somewhat unstable but charismatic conspiracy theorist, the group's ideology was similar to that of other militia and so-called "Patriot" organizations. To that end, the group was staunchly anti-government and driven by conspiracies and paranoia.

As for me, its getting to the point where I am having a really hard time deciding what to believe.

They have good guys, people that care about their community, that is obvious with their assisting of local law enforcement. I am torn. I have noticed, just by google searching different states militia's this news right on the top of most.

It better have been a serious situation. This is a bad time to stir the pot.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Selfsecurity]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
it took the attention of wikileaks thats for sure.

as im sure it will continue to do well beyond april 5th.

::edit:: and it shut up and disarmed some of the opposition, two birds with 1 stone.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Seriously, do you want to know something? Your bastardization of that poem is really offensive. These people aren't being killed, being arrested is not a death sentence.

This is the actual poem:

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

en.wikipedia.org...

I am starting to get real sick of people bastardizing this Holocaust poem to serve their petty political means. Martin Niemöller would be appalled at it's usage in these terms.

As for this thread, an arrest does not mean a conviction. I also think that this is being blown way out of proportion on this board.

WASHINGTON — A U.S. official says some of the people arrested by the FBI in Midwest raids this weekend face gun charges.

FBI raids in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio have resulted in three arrests, and officials are pursuing other suspects.

The law enforcement official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the investigation. Federal warrants are sealed.

FBI spokesman Scott Wilson in Cleveland says agents arrested two people Saturday in Ohio and one in Illinois on Sunday.

Michael Lackomar, spokesman for the Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia, says a member of his group was called by members of a religious militia Saturday who claimed their property was being raided. Lackomar says the member from his group declined to help and is cooperating with the FBI.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.google.com...

A person arrested in Clarendon Hills Sunday is one of three people the FBI took into custody over the weekend that could be connected to a religious militia group.

The arrest in Illinois was a result of a raid in Indiana Saturday night.

The FBI, the Dept of Homeland Security, and the Joint Terrorism Task Force were also involved in raids in Ohio and Michigan.

They were mostly centered on mobile homes in Adrian, MI where known members of the militia live.

The Detroit News says they are members of Hutaree

Federal warrants are sealed, but officials say the criminal investigation is ongoing.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.wgntv.com...

So let's see, a bunch of people start threatening congress members with violence, and you don't expect the government to react? It's like the handful of members on here who constantly, endlessly, call for violent revolution against the government. Yes, we all know they are just internet revolutionaries and won't do a damn thing. This is obvious, because they haven't done anything about these arrests. We all know they won't and that's fine.

But seriously, what do you expect the government to do when you directly threaten elected officials?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Next, we will have the government trying to blame these people for whatever they can think of.

Like they may decide to blame them for the brick through the window or the coffins left on lawns.

Of course, I will hold judgement until they provide tangible proof.

Now, the gov and the MSM will of course pile speculation upon the whole thing.

I guess people will begin to use articles and blogs to prove something. We all know where that leads. Vilify by accusation.

Yep, deny ignorance or manufacture the "truth". Which side will the people follow. You know which side the sheeple will fall on.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I was just reading this: apnews.myway.com...

and it seems only 3 people were arrested? I mean, it's a lot of commotion for such few arrests. 3 states involved...for 3 people? Am I reading it right? Because if I am...it is a lot more of a message than it is an actual event.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This was along the side of the road, in such a small farm town, called Elmore, ten miles from Sandusky Ohio? Huh?

Poster says "LIFE LIBERTY AND PURSUIT OF ALL WHO THREATEN IT" compare that to the original quote in 1776

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"

It was a thought-stopping experience , I had to turn around to take the picture.

It was this image that caused me to open this account on ATS today.

If this poster was to be accurate it should read ..and pursuit of all who threaten the Military Industrial Complex.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by tecumsah]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
reply to post by gwydionblack

Asking for trouble???

In the end, the FBI/Homeland Security will prevail and the balance of trouble will be with the militia(s). The timing of this seems perfectly orchestrated if you ask me. I'm sorry, but the constitutionally protected pea shooters Americans seem to think will protect the Constitution, are no match for state of the art weaponry and surveillance technologies. This will end in tragedy. Organized groups no longer stand a chance...too many snitches/undercovers out there.

No match for state of the art weaponry...yet a 3rd world backward country like Afghanistan or Iraq can cripple our military?

I'm anti-violence, and try to have good faith that this militia group was going to attack. However, it's timing is very suspicious, and if the left wing can tie this group to people who are against them, they could potentially use it to vote themselves more power.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
In case anyone is not aware, the "Islamic" Mich militia is working "with" the FBI to take out the "Christian" militia.

From the source:

detnews.com...=

" One of the Hutaree members called a Michigan militia leader for assistance Saturday after federal agents had already began their raid, Lackomar said, but the militia member -- who is of Islamic decent and had heard about the threats -- declined to offer help. That Michigan militia leader is now working with federal officials to provide information on the Hutaree member for the investigation, "

So here it comes. First they disarm all the militias (except the Islamic ones), they they will come for your guns. Once they disarm the American people, it's over. freedom that is.

BTW, this is a good way to cause a sudden civil war and create chaos so that Obama can declare marshal law and suspend the Constitution.

Don't think it can't happen.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
So here's what I'm hearing on this thread so far:

Action: FBI takes down some local militias, with who knows what evidence. (Literally, no one knows right now.)

ReAction: Local Militias around the country rise up and fight the government, claiming repression of rights.

Does this sound feasible?

If so, what do you think the chances of it happening are? (40%, 1%, etc.)

Inquiry based solely out of curiosity.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tecumsah

Welcome to ATS. Isn't it becoming more obvious. If you threaten the status quo you will be dismissed, arrested, tortured, or killed. It is getting harder to figure out the good guys from the bad guys. There is so much confusion perpetuated by corporate media.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

First off Iraq and Afghanistan are not crippling our military. Where did you hear this. And second we are not fighting the countries, we are fighting their terrorist organizations trying to run their country. We have killed a lot more than they have BTW.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If I were to play the devils advocate, (a fitting description) I too would be targeting the militia groups as they pose the biggest threat. If they are taken out of the picture it's going to be smooth sailing toward world domination.

God bless the militia.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join