It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Federal Raid in Lenawee County

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

During the town hall meetings the president of the UNITED STATES went on national television and called out the SEIU. He told them to get out to those meetings. None of our people are out there.
Well they went. They beat the H out of a black man. Nobody hardly said a word and the media was silent. They Intimidated the H out of old people and even pushed a few of them down. Nobody hardly said a word. The media was silent. Another man bit a guys finger off. Nobody said hardly a word. And again the media was silent. We have video and audio proof of these horrible acts committed by the left wing liberals.
Show me froof of who committed these acts you're talking about.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I would never advocate the obstruction of a federal investigation or the execution of a valid search/arrest warant. I am just providing news relevant to a poster's comments.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I know there are acts and legislature regarding the activation of militia to aid and support State and local (City, County, Parish) Government, usually carefully worded to the effect of "in times of extreme need".

The operative words are:

They can be called on by the governor to defend the state.

Meaning it is not for them to presume authority outside the guise of Government appointment.

And, you will note, it still does not provide statute regarding defense of the Constitution itself.

As I've already stated; I support any and all militia movements and groups provided they follow the laws set forth to govern them.
When they step outside of that perimeter, and no longer think the rule of law applies to them ....
Remind you of someone?
You see what I mean? Even if done for the right reason, if done in the wrong way, or incongruent to the very law they claim to be protecting ... it is wrong.
And sounds more like a plot from a TV show than an action done by learned individuals.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I heard helicopters last night about 21:30, I expected something big. As soon as I woke up in my quaint home near Ann Arbor, MI, I have been searching and have found very little information about the topic. Quite convenient of FBI to launch an Operation FALCON campaign on a Saturday when the national news affiliates have the day off. I suggest members of ATS should start 'friending" people in these areas to find out more valid information before the National News Syndicates get an ear of the FBI story.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
www.annarbor.com...

A woman reported missing Saturday was found dead this afternoon in a wooded area behind her Bridgewater Township home, Washtenaw County sheriff's deputies said.

Investigators say they found no obvious signs of foul play. An autopsy has not yet been performed.

Anna-Maria Wheeker, 45, a mother of four, was found roughly a half-mile from her Kies Road home about 3:30 p.m., said Derrick Jackson, the sheriff department's director of community engagement. She was reported missing by her husband.

Wheeker was a wilderness lover and enjoyed spending time in the woods, including camping overnight, police said.

And a post on that article.

I would like to thank the Sheriffs Dept., the Clinton, and Manchester Fire Depts. for aid in the search. I would also thank the local friends and nieghbors that responded. Many of these folks representent local Militia units, the Michigan Militia Corps and Hutaree. Please understand we train for this type of opperation several times a year. We have search and rescue dogs, ATV's, as well as well trained horse and riders. This is what we are about Public Service. Though the outcome was bad the working with county and township officials in a positive light was great. I would like to thank Jolea Mull Bridgewater township supervisor for asking us for help.

And a month later.

www.annarbor.com...

Updated: Missing Bridgewater Township man found dead
Posted: 12:17 p.m. February 18, 2010
8 Comments. Comment Now

A missing Bridgewater Township man was found dead today in Freedom Township, a Washtenaw County Sheriff's Department news release said.

There are no signs of foul play, but the death remains under investigation, the release said.

Robert Melvin Wise, 56, was last seen at his residence on Bemis Road and is believed to have left sometime Monday, according to the sheriff's department.

Police did not say how Wise was found or the apparent cause of death.

Anyone with information can contact the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office confidential tip line at (734) 973-7711 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK UP.

And month after that.

www.annarbor.com...

with video and poll: Bridgewater Township official turns to militia for help; watchdog groups question decision
Bridgewater Township Supervisor Jolea Mull has twice sought help from militia members this year to search for missing township residents.

The move is drawing criticism from militia watchdog groups, who say Mull is legitimizing an extreme right-wing movement that has a history of being associated with criminal activity.

And the partnership comes as the militia movement is exploding across the country, driven by fears of economic collapse and the potential for a crackdown on gun rights under the Obama administration, watchdog groups say.

About 50 militia members from five units live in Washtenaw County, militia leaders say. They are survivalists, who favor larger local government and a smaller federal government. Members are fiercely protective of their free speech and gun rights.

When Mull learned from Washtenaw County sheriff's deputies that a township woman was missing Jan. 13, she contacted local militia leader Jimmy Schiel.

“She said, ‘Hey, we need help to do a ground search for Anna-Maria Wheeker,” Schiel recalls of their phone conversation that morning. “I said, ‘So you want the militia?' And she said, ‘Yes.”

And now raids on these groups. Are these guys who helped in the search the ones who killed these people. Robert Melvin Wise seems to be connected to Ohio and Michigan. Could be a case of murder.

obits.mlive.com...

Robert Melvin Wise

Wise, Robert Melvin
Age 56 of Manchester, passed away February 15, 2010. He was born on August 17, 1953 in Toledo, OH the son of Melvin and Betty (Miller) Wise. He was employed at Allegiance Health in Jackson, MI as a Respiratory Therapist and was a member of the National Association of Respiratory Therapists. Robert will be remembered as a kind, gentle person who enjoyed woodworking and organic farming. He is survived by two siblings; Randy (Aileen) Wise and Jane Wise and his "best bud" Karen Reynolds. In honor of Robert, memorial donations may be given to Huron Valley Humane Society. Envelopes will be available at Borek Jennings Funeral Home. Robert's family is planning to have a Celebration of his Life at a later date. Please leave a message of comfort for Robert's family by calling 877-231-7900 or sign his guestbook at www.borekjennings.com.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Also, I have been finding information on the Christian Militia groups planing something for Palm Sunday.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 128bitninja

umm, you mind sharing where you're finding that?

Some of us would like to see maybe

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hutaree is the group. www.detnews.com...

This should get you started.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i told these kitties to don't post video in youtube barking at the government but did they listen? NOoOOOO, they just had to record themselves holding semi-auto AK's thinking they're some kind of bad azzes threatening the most power hungry controlling government on earth. now look what you made them do. silly people.

after seeing this i am scared shiitless, i will bow to our government and never question them again. isnt that the purpose of these raid? to instill fear into us les we dare challenge them? its working.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Exactly, when the FBI was here looking for Hoffa I had helicopters over my house for a week costing us tax payers 1 million a day for the investigation, not to mention effecting my job performance seeing as I worked 3rd shift.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
hmm i read that foxnews is reporting that 7 people were arrested for selling pipe bombs.... (dont know for sure) which makes no sense at all.. 1. they are easy to make (so i hear) and 2. if they are easy to make, who would buy them? (the feds?) and if they roused up an "army" of federal agents and resources over this, wtf? (gotta be disinfo)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Here is a link to a site that discusses the Christian Militia Group called Hutaree. It goes into explaining what their religious beliefs are. It also mentions a web site as well that the Christian Militia Group operates for public information.

Thanks for the posting. Enjoy the Hutaree link.

www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Can someone explain to me what is going on out in Michigan? The FBI and US Army are arresting militia members and the militia is preparing for battle? Why is this not on the news? I would think that if we had another Waco type incident it would be on the news by now.

Good question, why isn't in on the news.

All we have is Obama's surprise trip to Afghanistan,

Look the other why.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
They need the support of all the locals if this is going to be more than a slaughter. Anyone who lives in that area and is passionate about there freedom including law enforcement, should step up. Try to diffuse the situation, or ... get out of the way.

edit to ad. You will not see this on the news because if it was there would be a war everyone would be running to help them and they deff. don't want that! This is how they are able to control the situation.

[edit on 3/28/10 by xyankee]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think this situation is pretty much over. They dismantled the antennas, took some people in for questioning, and got out of town. Raiding a memorial service though?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Can someone explain to me what is going on out in Michigan? The FBI and US Army are arresting militia members and the militia is preparing for battle? Why is this not on the news? I would think that if we had another Waco type incident it would be on the news by now.

Good question, why isn't in on the news.

All we have is Obama's surprise trip to Afghanistan,

Look the other why.

Storm, I have to agree with you and the only information I have seen is from the local news reports and what we have been able to dig up. My gut tells me there is a red herring in there somewhere and there seems to be something about this one the Feds want to keep quite. One would figure given the scope of such a law enforcement operation, it would be plastered all over the news.

This is a big raid, with people in the area describing the federal presence as being "Army Like." Well, our President is in Afghanistan and I suppose his visit trumps a huge law enforcement operation in Michigan? Still interesting that it is not on the mainstream news? As the old adage goes, "Out of sight out of mind."

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
AP has picked it up now:

www.google.com...

The FBI says agents have conducted weekend raids in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio, and at least three people have been arrested.

Federal warrants are sealed, but FBI spokeswoman Sandra Berchtold said Sunday there has been "law enforcement activity" in two Michigan counties near the Ohio border.

FBI spokesman Scott Wilson in Cleveland says agents arrested two people Saturday in northwest Ohio. A third arrest was made in Illinois on Sunday, a day after raids in northwest Indiana.

WXYZ-TV in Detroit reports that one raid centered on a Michigan property where suspected members of a militia live.

also..

www.freep.com...

Federal agents are in the second day of raids around the southeastern Michigan city of Adrian that may be connected to a militia group.

The station says helicopters were spotted in the sky for much of Saturday night, and agents set up checkpoints throughout the area. Witnesses told the station that it was like a small army had descended on the area.

www.freep.com...

At lest seven people, including some from Michigan, have been arrested in raids by a FBI-led Joint Terrorism Task Force in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana as part of an investigation into an Adrian-based Christian militia group, a person familiar with the matter said.

The suspects are expected to make an initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Detroit on Monday.

Mike Lackomar, of Michiganmilitia.com, said he heard from other militia members that the FBI targeted the Hutaree after its members made threats of violence against Islamic organizations.

"Last night and into today the FBI conducted a raid against homes belonging to the Hutaree. They are a religious cult. They are not part of our militia community," he said.

Lackomar said he was told there were five arrests Saturday and another five early Sunday. The FBI declined to comment.

One of the Hutaree members called the Michigan militia for assistance Saturday after federal agents had already began their raid, Lackomar said, but the militia member -- who was of Islamic decent and had heard about the threats -- declined to offer help.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

It's also easy, and legal, to make a sandwich yet many business main product is sandwiches.

"I know what your thinking folks, I want to rebel against the oppressive dictatorship but between work, driving the kids to soccer practice, swimming lessons, piano recitals, the dentist and keeping up with Joneses who has the time? Well act now and for only 3 easy payments of $29.95..."

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sounds like stuffs about to kick off in your country, i hope no innocent by-standers get caught up amongst all the chaos.

Can anyone else smell war?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Sealed warrants, how convenient. Could be sealed BLANK warrants as far as anybody is concerned just waiting to be filled out with convenient information.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join