It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Federal Raid in Lenawee County

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Seems like a large scale operation is afoot in Michigan? I am surprised law enforcement is so mum about the arrest given the large scale operation that is currently taking place? Perhaps, with time we will know exactly why the raids were initiated. Given the venomous political climate and congress virtually putting in ear plugs at the very concerns of the people they say they represent about recent legislative moves in government, I would not be surprised if it were some fringe militia being targeted.

Apparently, the federal authorities are on high alert, given the threats to members of congress. Media is essentially only speculating, but from the most recent news report I have come across below, residents of the area have noted an army like presence in their neighborhood, helicopters with search lights, an FBI command post has been set up, and all arrest and search warrants are sealed.

Lets hope legitimate evidence and verifiable probable caused was used before such action was taken by the federal authorities. At the current rate, as things are going, any form of scandal would do more harm than good given the broad mistrust of government among the people at the moment. However, if a legitimate threat was discovered then those rabid dogs(militia) need to be muzzled before they perform a knee-jerk reaction and inflict bodily harm on someone they cannot walk away from. At present, there is a federal election afoot in November and legal action in place among 14 state attorney generals against the HCR and the constitutionality of said law.

We just have to wait and see what comes from that? People seem to be losing their marbles, when peaceful legal and political action is in place to stem the recent authoritative moves by our government. People just need to cool their jets for a moment and relax. They just have to be patient, and hopefully, some good comes out of the aforementioned motions above.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by gwydionblack

so...according to you, getting your gas line cut is not an act of terror, having a coffin placed on your front lawn is not an act of terror, throwing bricks through windows is not an act of terror, being called a ni**er, and threatened to be hanged is not terror.

i guess terror to you is having a healthcare bill passed.

Please ignore this comment this is not a Healthcare debate, lets stay on topic

Thanks

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
This is rich. The evil FBI is conducting unwarranted raids against the heroes of ATS and belligerent mental-children everywhere.

You have no idea as this point whether the raids or warranted or not and simply assuming there are is a HUGE mistake that all American citizens should avoid. Never assume. Find the truth first and then make a call.

The brave, innocent militia men, the instrument through which those routing for civil war wish to kill fellow Americans, "defend the Constitution" via violent coup of a duly elected government and "protect our freedoms" by installing a dictatorship.

A coup? You think that the FBI is breaking up an attempted coup? And where exactly do you get this information?

You are jumping to major conclusions here with no little or nothing to back it up.

Feel free to give away your freedoms if you like, but yours only. Mine I intend to protect at all costs.

Have no doubt, those who want civil war only want one thing, and it has nothing to do with defending the Constitution or our freedoms.

Your first argument was that they were going to attempt a coup.
Your second argument is that they are going to start civil war.

Neither is the same thing. Nor do you have any proof of either.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

The United States Militia site is reporting that "Pale Horse" was arrested last night at about 8:00 pm.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
this was just posted on the USM forumn:

Any more info? My friend "pale horse" was arrested last night around 8pm... I havent been able to get in touch with his wife, or anyone else knowing if he is ok... The latest news is that the Huron Ohio arrest was for some kind of bomb plot...

interesting development if true...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Actually it does remind me of the prison myth: find the biggest meanest guy and punch him hard to make the subordinates fall into place. Okay, not really. Just raid the vocal ones and make the other dissenters mumble in silence.

Bad thing about targeting the leaders is that unless the Feds were sure, they could just have been public spokesmen for the group(s). Not really the leaders at all. I have not heard anything locally, but then again I am not a member of any such group nor have I been out to talk with any that might be.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
edit to not feed the troll.

Here's a story from FOX, apparently they are accusing several members of selling pipe bombs.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 28-3-2010 by antonia]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This thread is being de-railed more than the latest AMTRAK disaster.
[facepalm]

Back to the OP:

Good job, antonia, for getting an idea about why the feds were raiding them.
So we think its all about pipe bombs?

This might be the start of something huge...

Militia's are well-organized and carefully thought out organizations.
We don't need the gov't to start raiding militia's for no apparent reasons.

Let's find out the root cause here.

link   
reply to post by antonia

Why would they waste their time selling something that anyone with an IQ over 30 could easily assemble themselves? Sounds like BS charges to me. I will wait to hear the official list of charges before jumping to conclusions however.

link   
reply to post by antonia

Pipe bombs... lol. The disinfo begins.

Any organized militia I know wouldn't waste their time on something like pipe bombs. This shiz is going to get deep enough to wade through.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by antonia

Pipe bombs... lol. The disinfo begins.

Any organized militia I know wouldn't waste their time on something like pipe bombs. This shiz is going to get deep enough to wade through.

Not only that, but coming from FAUX News.
So there HAS to be some dis-illusion here.

OR distraction technique.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, This story immediately comes to mind. I smell a rat in our midst.

I can neither confirm nor deny my involvement in any militia movement, but methinks any "militia" concerning itself with the likes of pipe bombs aren't militia at all!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

"Alleged Militia Activity " gotta love the main stream wording. lol since when is "Alleged Militia Activity " illegeal. yea selling pipe bombs is but there wording of things just kills me

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Is it Wyoming that passed the law that would prosecute any federal agents if they tried to enforce federal gun laws?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So we now need feds,homeland security,joint terrorism task force and local law enforcement plus helos and night raids over pipe bombs! Little over the top dont you think,something stinks here,I think the feds went fishing and didnt catch any fish.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

yes, i believe it was...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have to ask when this starts how will we know who is on what side.

I ask this because I have a couple friends in the military that have told me when the revolution starts, they would fight against our corrupt government.

I ask with their safety in mind.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here is a supposed quote from "Pale Horse" that appeared in August 2009. Unfortunately, the video has been removed that accompanied it.

“Pale Horse” From Ohio Responds to Corporate Media Militia Blitz

August 15, 2009
“This is our answer to the corporate media who is clearly following old trends of demonizing the Constitution protected militia groups,” the post claims. “They clearly are showing a false biased picture of the militias claiming they are all anti government racist terrorists who want to take over the country and hurt people. This couldn’t be further from the truth. You decide.”

Link: www.infowars.com...

Emphasis added by me.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
the recent spate of violence and threats against our ELECTED representatives is what has activated this type of response from the government. someone is going to get hurt or even killed if this escalates. think about the famlies and loved ones, and the repercussions this is going to have on them. some leaders are getting their fellow citizens lathered up, and primed for conflict based on percieved threats, not actual threats to liberty, and freedom. smart people make decisions on information gathered from BOTH SIDES of an arguement, devoid of emotion, coupled with the ability to put yourself in others shoes with the perception of how THEY see things unfolding. we are all americans, and should not be harming our fellow man when other avenues are available.

Yes indeed, it is empathy of which you speak.

I use to be an angry man then went through some personal travails and realized that anger is poison.

Then I thought: If I am humble and empathetic; realizing everybody's got an issue, how can I be angry?

Try it. When I consistently employ this attitude towards my fellow humans, I never get angry. It works, and more importantly it works against TPTB that are goading me to anger. When TSHTF those that can keep their cool; even have empathy towards the NWO types (at least their trying to save some, eben if I'm not one of them), are going to be the leaders of the new underground.

I hoped I'm not sounding too alarmist for some of you.

Anyway....get rid pof your anger!!

Lots Luv to all

Jason

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It wasn’t when they were against Bush and the Christian right, or people opposed to gay marriage

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join