It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking isn't bad for your health at all ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Bléé
:puge:

I can imagin.

But why would I want to stop with they only thing protecting me from nasty cancerous materials imbedding in my lungs ?
( according to the claims in the conspiracy )

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Is this thread a joke? Cause if not, i am starting to get really scared about the human future. Is everyone loosing intelligence or whaT?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

I'm sorry does it looks like a joke ?

Have you read what is questioned ?

Pretty convincing. But if there is one thing I like to see is that it all gets debunked. Whoosh to the hoax forum.

Anything to offer to speed up that procces ?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hey I've been thinking of quitting smoking more and more recently and something came to mind about it so I remembered this thread.

I remember I went to the doctor a couple of years ago and spoke to him about my smoking, I told him that when I stopped smoking for a certain amount of time (about over 24 hours) I would get really bad asthma, and I mean really bad, like walking 20 minutes would bring on an attack and I'd have to take about 10 puffs from the ventilator to help ease it. When I told him this he looked at me funny, like I was mad or something and clearly didn't understand how that could be.

I spoke to a friend shortly after and told her what I had told the doctor and she said that she experienced the same and that it was probably our chests trying to clear off all the crap on it after quitting. I reckon she's right. Funny that the doctor, a medical professional, couldn't even tell me that simple thing.

Anyway, my asthma has never been a really big problem throughout my life like it is for some people, I've been one of those sufferers with a milder case of it fortunately. But the only time I get it, since I've been a smoker, is when I have a cold that spreads to my chest or if I don't smoke for a prolonged period of time, so it seems that smoking, as mad as this will sound, has been a preventative to asthma for me unless my chest has been aggravated by a cold/infection.

I'm curious to know what it is in these cigs that is preventing my asthma??? In theory it's supposed to make asthma worse but it's made mine better, to the point that at the present I'm relucutant to stop smoking because I don't have a ventilator at hand. I have to wait till I get one from the doc, then I can quit. When I run as a smoker I don't get an asthma attack where as running could bring it on before, not every single time, but on occasion it would.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mesdoline

I believe this is mentioned before. You will find an answer wthin this thread . search the links offered here.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have been smoking for around 15 years (about a pack a day) and I am very active in sports. I swim, run, play basketball, and many others. They key is stay healthy while you smoke the less you work out the more it effects you. Smoking has never effected me in any of these sports at all what so ever. I would advise anyone who is having trouble breathing to take at least a few days or a week without smoking and to do cardio work outs to get some of that crap outta there lungs. Your lungs will repair themselves but they have to have time to do so, if you are smoking constantly then it won't happen. Get active and you too can smoke and be healthy

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Yes of course. But everybody is healthy untill they get sick.

I did stop smoking a few times. It replenished my energy. Where I was not even aware of having it in the first place.Better smell a better taste.

These effects wair of soon enough.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
nicotine may have some health benefits, but I'm pretty sure smoking a pack a day is not healthy.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hullabaloo

Does your argument not apply to everything you take to much ?

Even water will kill you if you drink to much of it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by Sover3igN

The fact that they are twenty already is quetioning enough.

How would smoking will kill at twenty if for as long as we know lung cancer kills the old. Longtime smokers. And not even all of them.

It's fraud IMO.

K..
thanks for PMing me to notice your reply.
That makes me feel heard here. Since almost nothing here is actually heard at all just browsed upon.

To reply:
20 year olds die from war, car accidents, suicide, o.d.ing etc etc etc.
The wise get old.
So I guess I am saying: The young die young because they ARE young.
Matter of the fact remains, humanity grows up sooner, so now we are almost stuck with almost 7.000.000.000 people on this slab of earth.

(said 7.000.000.000.000 so edited, God forbids us to be that numerous!
)

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Sover3igN]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I am VERY interested in this thread, since I am about to start operating a business selling the equivalent of tobacco, without the tar, so that's guaranteed no health risks. These are the new cigarette - the electronic cigarette. There is also pipes (electronic) and cigars (electronic), but not yet electronic rollies.

I smoke a lot, so it's a breakthrough invention for me.

Traditional cigarettes, I know someone who works in tobacco. Can't reveal which brand it is, but if health risks did succomb to the smoker, there are rumours going around that CANNABIS can be a virtual miracle cure for some people with such health-afflicted issues.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
No offense, guys, but this is ridiculous.

As a doctor, I have seen the living lungs of patients in surgery of patients who smoked. Anyone looking at those black ugly lung tissues could have NO doubt how bad smoking is for you.

I cannot really believe this is a real thread.

I guess jumping off a high cliff stimulates the adrenaline, and is a net positive effect, UNTIL YOU LAND!!!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
There is a very interesting video about nicotine as it was, if your thread is true. It's called "Nicotine in the brain". Link:-

www.youtube.com...

The electronic cigarettes are a monumental technological breakthrough, however many pre-ordering customers have expressed a desire for the tar to be removed from the raw tobacco in baccy pouches and cigarettes etc.

There is constenation at the moment with regard to the fact that a division of the U.S. government themselves were trying to ban the product, because it did not tar in it. Also, President Obama an ex-smoker (traditional cigarettes) may have been secretly using the said electronic cigarette products.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Hi Doctor.

I'd like to tell you about my grandfather.

He smoked and smokes for almost 75 years now. His lungs did get damagged strangely enough the last photo taken of his lungs they ( his doctors ) were astonished. Cause they looked quite healthy. Unless you grow a pair of new lungs how can this be possible ?

No he didn't get a transplant and no you arn't convincing me with ridiculising this thread.

No offense.

~SK

Edit.
Those black lungs you've seen are of course very real. How much proof do you know of that eliminates everything but smoking.

Cause that would debunk this thread. Maybe save a couple of lives in the proces.

[edit on 5/3/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Why don't you see wow that sounds good, no tar cigarettes?

Because you must be presuming that I have solely a profit motive in offering such cigarettes. What the # do you expect me to do, when there's a thread about cigarettes, to prevent harm, and I'm not allowed to tell you about it?

I am not trying to make any money out of selfish gluttony, I try to help. If I didn't post, then you wouldn't be privy to very important information would you.

By the way, 97% of my profits from revenues are for charities and good causes, but why go on on this stimed thing anyway on a very relevant thread where as soon as a good thing is offered, it's rubbished and told not to be talked about.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Truth1000, that's brilliant, and that is a very, very interesting point.

Sorry I suggested I had been scurried away from the thread, really sorry about that, I misread something.

Are any of you aware of NCO Cigarettes? And are any of you aware of information about Salt Peter?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
[]Originally posted by Sover3igN
[]Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

You're welcome It happens to me all the time.

To reply:
20 year old die from war, car accidents, suicide, o.d.ing etc etc etc.
The wise get old.
So I guess I am saying: The young die young because they ARE young.
Matter of the fact remains, humanity grows up sooner, so now we are almost stuck with almost 7.000.000.000 people on this slab of earth.

Yes indeed. However I notice a lot of young to middle aged people just drop and don't get up.
Don't forget the old have lived their youth and about half of their life in a clean environment. No nasty toxins messing with their genes no radioactive isotopes or nuclear blast particles messing with their DNA.

My grand mother was taught in school we lived in a country with 10.000.000 people less. Only the doctor had a car. Yet they did have the advantage of a higher developed health industry hygiene.

They ate what they needed and worked hard.

No wonder they get as old as they do.

But we, we have before we were born been affected by all kinds of toxins, radioactivity, chemicals.

I mentioned my Grand father has bad lungs. Ge did work in a coal mine for a number of years.

I think we are currently crowded beyond what I like to think is comfortable

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The Condom will be a solution to the over-population problem, I advocate.

Smoking seriously harms you and those around you, it says, but the truth is that only happens if you succomb to the serious harm. As someone under the age of 35, I feel covered.

I know that large hunks of skin type marmalade is exceptionally good at flushing out toxins, and for removing the "free radicals" - yet another reason I feel covered.

There are rumours elsewhere on the internet that CANNABIS may assist massively in a patient's treatment for cancer.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDailyPlanet

Hi sorry I ddidn't respond to your posts.

In my deffense I have about 20 active threads where I'm also replying to.

Is it really the tar that's so harmfull or are it the chemicals they put into the sigaret.

Your electric smoker has already been mead illegal in my country.

Or did I misread your posts ?
edit.
Cannabis is already used as a medicine not to cure but to treat the symptons. I t releaves some of the pain and takes away a lot of stress which also results in a decrease from pain.
I don't think it really cures anything but I could be wrong tho .

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Nothing is bad for you in small amounts.

Smoking a couple cigarettes a day is not a huge health risk as air pollution can equate to 1-2 cigarettes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join