It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking isn't bad for your health at all ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think I will get some negativity coming my way with this.

I'm going to post it anyway. For years now we are told smoking is bad for you.
I'm now going to give you some info. Which could change your perspective completely.

This is a letter from, William Campbell Douglass II, MD
He claims smoking can prevent cancer, protect your brain, it could alleviate heart attacks and strokes, It could literally save your life.
( Not my words )

“ARE YOU SMOKING ENOUGH TO STAY HEALTHY?”

( This is promoting his book )
What if it's true ?

Visit this link for the evidence. Full Scientific Evidence Listing
Here is a site which basicly says smoking isn't bad and it gives the evidence to back it up.
Forces international liberty network.

And visit this link for the Frequently asked questions.

Please understand that I'm not promoting smoking and I'm only sharing what I've found. It is definitely conspiracy material.

Please feel free to comment after you have seen the added links.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well both my fathers parents smoked all their lives. Grandpa lived to 89 years and Granny lived to 96 years and both died of old age.

My mothers father never smoked and he died from cancer aged 67 years.

I smoke and I'm healthy so there may be some truth in the OP!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I smoke and I'm Sick of it.
I've tried to give it up, but can't
I've been smokinig for nearly 30 years.
I'm sick of waking up in the morning, Coughing my lungs out and smelling of Dirty Tobacco.

I'm sick of my Lungs Hurting everytime I take a Deep Breath. I'm sick of not being able to Excersise and take long walks.

I guess I'm just Sick and I attribute it all to Smoking..

There are a lot of people who have Lived above the Norm that do not Smoke.

To make a real argument you need to find a whole community that have never smoked and then find a community that has smoked and compare the ages that they have lived to.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I guess nothing wrong with the natural tobacco, the only problem is just chemicals/preservative/additives dosed during the production process...like everything else: milk, meat, instant coffee etc...the whole industry is a joke, but far more than a joke which makes all of us victims...
not easy to survive as what we're supposed to deserve in this world...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

If you honestly want to quit here is the best method IMO. Start your usual routine at the beginning of a work week. Leave all your money at home so you can't buy your smokes. Before you leave the house get rid of all tobacco related items including in your car. Go to work and begin your countdown of 72 hours. When you get home the first thing you should do is throw down some carpet fresh and vacuum. After vacuuming prepare a meal and eat. Remember to be consecutively counting down the hours the whole time. After dinner go immediately to your bathroom and run a very hot bath. During your bath you should have lit incense burning as smell is the most powerful scent. Get out and continue staying busy while counting down. Go to bed and repeat process for the next 48 hours. At the end of the 72 hours you will still have the chemical addiction but the habit itself is the hardest part to me. The habit shouldn't be so bad after those 72 hours are up, you may even reward yourself if you succeed but make sure you punish yourself if you don't. Every point after that just count to 10 when you get a craving. It worked for me dipping, good luck.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Evidence is overwhelming regarding the Health Effects of smoking both to the smoker and to people near the smoker.

Not to mention it makes your fingernails yellow, your walls yellow and your hair stink.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hey I just found another reason not to smoke cigarettes and it's not because they cause cancer. According to the findings of aldous huxley, smoking can inhibit you from reaching certain points of consciousness. Here's my thread that explains everything
www.abovetopsecret.com...
For some reason, knowing it was bad for your health still left me smoking, but this new info has made me want to quit.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

Yes I read it.
Great thread by the way

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I wouldn't say its good for you and I'd agree its a bad habit, however, the link to heart disease and cardio problems seems rather vague and flimsy. I say this because their mortality figures attributed to smoking are bloated. If you report that you've smoked any time in your life and you die from a heart related problem, they automatically include you in the smoking related death category. They attribute almost all cancer to smoking as well. My uncle had Leukemia. He smoked while he was in the Navy when he was 19. He quit as soon he came home and had his first child (3 years later). He was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of 60. He died at the age of 66 while awaiting a bone marrow transplant. The doctors attributed his cancer to smoking. A year later a class action law suit was filed against a paint manufacturing company where he worked for 30 years. Turns out over 200 employees had contracted Leukemia or other blood cancer due to the carcinogens used in the manufacturing process. But still the doctors attributed his cancer to smoking.

What a croc, eh? Not to mention the "Anti-Smoking' industry is a billion dollar business. For the record I smoke.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I agree that there are alot of negative side-effects with smoking. Basicly you stink and your nest stinks.

My girlfriend described kissing me is like licking out an ashtray.

Anyways....I strongly belief that it is the chemicals added that cause all kinds of scary health problems. I always smoked Van Nelle heavy dark tabacco and rolled the smokes myself. It is close to the natural thing but still....it isn't. I heared about storiess how cigarette makers put in stuff to make you an addict and wwho knows what they put into the filters of a smoke.

Does anybody happen to know how many people die from lung cancer but do not smoke. And the same about people who do smoke? This should give a good statistic indicating the dangers of smoking.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by iamoverrated

Yes you are giving the best example around.
I smoke to by the way.

What do you think of nuclear tests in the past ?
Any minute particle could cause havoc in the body.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by iamoverrated

Yes you are giving the best example around.
I smoke to by the way.

What do you think of nuclear tests in the past ?
Any minute particle could cause havoc in the body.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Cigarettes are expensive, messy and the danger of falling asleep with one in your hand and setting a fire is enough to make me wonder about the sanity of anyone who smokes. If I smoked, I would not be able to indulge in any of my other leisure time activities, and I would still be the angry guy I used to be.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
anything that creates an addiction is bad for you and for your health

so, I dont think your theory is plausible

maybe if someone smokes very low amounts, but its not what this guy is saying ... so, not plausible

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Trying to compare with non smokers who had lung cancer, wouldn't work.

'They'll' just claim that they got the cancer from passive smoking or something.

My wife used to help out with old people, and used to go shopping for a woman, who always had a smoke first thing in the morning, she was over 100 years old, and still doing her own ironing!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
If you want to know the real conspiracy here. It how the oral nicotine replacement therapy contains an extremely high level of aspartame...

I gave up smoking 6 months ago, I’m on lozenges and I can tell you I am far more addicted to the lozenges than I was the tabs.

I do feel better in myself, I don't wake up feeling crappy etc...

But I worry about how much Aspartame I’m putting in my body... but don't seem able to stop...

Help, these tabs give me the worst panic attacks ever if I try and stop them....

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

There is that legend of the movie The Conqueror starring John Wayne. The gist is they were filming in the desert where they did nuclear testing and of the 200-250 man crew who worked on set something like 100 had contracted cancer within 20 years and many of them had died as a result, including John Wayne and the director Dick Powell.

I do believe nuclear waste / testing has definitely influenced cancer rates over the past 50 years, more so than smoking.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Have you tried those new E-Cigarettes. I don't know much about them but a friend switched to them and within 6 months he had completely quit all together.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The greatest crime against humanity committed by the anti-smoking campaigners, is that they have impeded the search for the true causes of lung cancer.

lung cancer rates continue to rise in the face of the fact that the incidence of smoking in the general population decreased by 50 % more than 40 years ago. They continue to contribute lung cancer rates to ever decreasing exposures to the point where they claim that lung cancer can be caused by "third hand smoke"

However, there are 40 known causes of lung cancer including genetics.

THIS IS A FACT:

For decades - anti-smokers have attributed cervical cancer to smoking. It is now known that HPV causes cervical cancer. And it is becoming clear that HPV is also linked to lung cancer, and oral-pharangeal cancers.

Cervical cancer now joins a very long list of diseases once thought to be CAUSED by smoking and now known not to be linked to smoking at all including:

Asthma
Breast Cancer
Peptic Ulcers

The evidence linking cancer with any disease is ALL based on flimsy scientific evidence and all created with statistics.

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I've smoked about 10 yrs. Of course, the first few years don't count as much, and actually I've tapered down to less than a pack a day lately. And I feel the danger of falling asleep with one is very low except for people who drink large amounts or use drugs. It has happened to me when I was on opiates for pain but all it did was smolder a part of my blanket and sheet (it happened more than once...) that was smaller than a quarter. Apparently, they don't make blankets out of tinder and kindling... Although it was a larger danger in the past and still is for some people I suppose who sleep in a bed of hay... hay that has been dried in the sun and then soaked in napalm... no jk I know it's serious.
I truely think that it's either one of two things, or both: 1)it depends on what kind of tobacco you smoke and whether or not you use a filter and what that filter consists of. Basically, it depends on what kind of cigarette your smoking. 2) It's about genetics. Some people will develop cancer from smoking. Some develop it from not smoking. Some would have been fine, but since they started smoking, they have to keep smoking (this could be why some people die within 5 or 10 yrs of quitting, OR it could be that they did the damage while smoking and it took a while to catch up or be noticeable, who knows?) Maybe some are ok smoking as long as it's not too frequent or not too high of a tar or nicotine level or some other chemical level?
Or maybe some people are unlucky and get the cigarettes that have an accidental extra dose of some bad chemical? Ever notice a smoke taste weird? Oh what am I saying?, they have thousands of chemicals of course they're gonna taste weird... Anyway we can't deny that we've all heard of people living ripe old ages while smoking their whole life. My friends grampa smoked filterless smokes(I'm assuming they were roll your owns and not the Camel Nonfilters you can buy, especially since they lived in rural Kentukey, and actually I think he said they grew tobbacco, cuz he definitely told me they were moonshiners) and is in his 90's and still goes around doing work on their property and on the house. So if he dies at 99 would we say that if he didn't smoke he would have been 100? Or 130? Who want's to live that old in an old, aching body? Ok I guess I would if it was in as good of shape as that old man's was. Hell I'm 29 and he was in better shape at least cardiovascularly. I think the problem with people today is that they don't respect anything or do anything in moderation. In USA anyway, it's all about "MOREMOREMORE". Like a lot of peoples' approach with alcohol is: "If 3 drinks feels good, 30 drinks will feel 10 times as good." And you can translate that equation to pretty much anything and that's the general attitude. Anyway, another thing I thought could be interesting is that some people cough up stuff, and some don't cough up as much even if they've been smoking as long. Maybe the person taking the effort to get that crap out of their throat and lungs are helping to "get the cancer out"... I guess there's a lot of possibilities out there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join