It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accepting homosexuality in our communities. ( POll )

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It seems to me that all people regardless of their orientation have feelings, loyalties, relationships they care deeply about and values that are commendable. That is worth protecting and standing up for.

That being said, there are also people who are thoughtless, selfish and indifferent and could care less about their neighbors or their well being.

The way I see everyone has the capacity for right and wrong whatever their choices. If ever in a crisis or SHTF situation I would care a lot less about sexual preferences and a lot more about their character, values, dependability and loyalty.

There should be a debate about whether we would support indifference as well as difference.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I think a lot of people unfairly judge people based on their sexual orientation. As somebody who does not support the Gay Rights movement and somebody that does not agree with the glorification of homosexuality in the media, I still believe it is important to show respect and tolerance towards others, even when you disagree with their lifestyle. It can be hard in today's world to do these things because there is so much hate and division everywhere you look.

To me personality, character and loyalty are much more important attributes than sexual orientation. Don't see others as heterosexuals, bisexuals, transsexuals or homosexuals - see them as the human beings they are and how they treat those around them.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I still believe it is important to show respect and tolerance towards others, even when you disagree with their lifestyle. It can be hard in today's world to do these things because there is so much hate and division everywhere you look.

To me personality, character and loyalty are much more important attributes than sexual orientation. Don't see others as heterosexuals, bisexuals, transsexuals or homosexuals - see them as the human beings they are and how they treat those around them.

Yeah this is what I thought too.

I like what you said about even when you disagree you need to show support.
I was reminded by Jesse Ventura that it is not popular speech that is guaranteed by the constitution but rather unpopular speech that is the idea that is to be protected.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have met homosexuals of all types. Or lets say, humans, people, who happened to be homosexuals. Not one of them, gave me a reason to think about, reject or condemn their sexuality or lifestyle. Growing up without aunts and uncles, well i had other. Among them, a gay couple. Both of them prev. married. Never thought it was "unnatural". It was the way it was. Just their way of life, as diverse as many others. Nothing ever did and never will, change my view on this subject. "Live and let live"

Regarding the significant difference ... their choice of sexual partner, and what takes place in their bedroom. If other people's choice is to think about that part. If i thought about it. So, it is people's own choice to think of others' sex lives, so the people themselves must be accountable for their own thoughts. NOT the homosexuals

Who knows what perishes among the most "ordinary" people ? Sometimes people, we would never imagine would hurt a fly, turns out to be the worst scum. The "average" Joe. So why dislike some people before they have given one, a "valid" reason.

Don't see any reason why homosexuals shall "fight" for their rights, of any kind. It should be as natural they can get married and do what ever they want. There should not be any "gay questions" at all...

The humor side... The other day, i got a phonecall from a male friend, which had got one or two drinks too many, asking if i happened to be "bi", because he did notice i received a "love card" from a female at FaceBook. Always we had open conversations, about everything, but that subject. Unfortunately i destroyed all hopes by refusing

Had it been so, i would have said "yes i am. You want to join in ?"

I believe it's not my responsibility, if other have a naughty mind. However, it was quite funny.People must be accountable for their own thoughts, and they are, after all, tax free

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

I only realised now that you stated some of what I said in that post in different words. Hopefully more people will get the message we are both trying to send.

[edit on 28/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
why is there always a thread about homosexuality?, they don't upset anyone except prejudice people!? so where is the problem, the world is full of different people with different beliefs.

Because it is still a major problem in modern societies, where minorities with different beliefs are being "hunted".

Personally I don't get why people have anything against homosexuels. I just assume its a narrowminded thing.. *Shrug*

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Whatever Rocks peoples boats.

As long as it is consentual, adult, and desired between the parties I dont care what people do, as long as it does not hurt others at all.

The only problem I have with Gays are the following.

Many of the Iconic Gay Men of modern History have been ridiculously fancied by a majority of the female population,

Freddie Mercury, and Rock Hudson, George Michael etc etc had women swooning at their feet.

So I am jealous lol...

Also some of the most gorgeous women have been lesbians or bi sexual

Drew Barrymore, Angeline Jolie etc....

Again jealous...

So the only problems I have with Gay people is my own jealousy lol.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 28-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

As long as its consensual and your not hurting anyone then i dont see why people shouldn't be allowed to do what ever they want.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Having grown up in a very gay and godless city, Brighton (SE UK) I can't get my head around the anti-this that or the other brigade.. we are human being, so what is the point in labeling humans, we are all different and unique..

I love my city and the people that make it vibrant and interesting.. how sad it would be to live in a box with only one view of the world.. Not a lot I can really add to this thread, except that I prefer to live somewhere open and welcoming than close minded and prejudiced.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
ok so what minority are bi sexuals in???..

if people don't like something then lump it....
we cant debunk being gay!!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hi all. I'm in my late 20s, conservative gay and still virgin. Attached to my g lover for almost 10 years. Going thru hell everyday keeping track and spying to make sure he's clean (faithful).

However, it doesn't mean I endorse and condone the lifestyles of gay men now. Because I know that at least 95% of us are not monogamous. The worst part is that most gay men (bisexual-converted) end up getting married with woman and have kids.

In my opinion, it's OK to be 100% gay and be truthful to people around till end of life.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

please don't be offended but with women its about love and insecurities with men, how come men bed hop? seriously the back door side is a bit of a turn off?!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

As a pure 100% gay man, I respect women as much as they are.

Unfortunately, most women don't even know that their husband is not straight. I feel really sorry for the female community. That is why I do not endorse and condone gay lifestyle. If only gay/bisexual men stop lying to women about their sexuality.

This has been happening in my country Singapore. Very sad.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I am shocked. About the fact that Fergie is gay. Did not know that and I would like to make my protest known regarding this.

Otherwise I have no issues with homosexuality. I actually have a good friend who is gay, a capable and helpful person.
If he would feel he wants to try a girl (Fergie?) that would be OK. But he does not and that is OK, too.

The real evil is an environment where a homosexual cannot speak freely about how he feels. That is a guaranteed way to trouble and reminiscent of the Dark Ages.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I'd like to ask the people who accept homosexuality as a natural occurrence and accept gay men and woman without any consequences what so ever.
Are you prepared to defend gay rights.

Absolutely, without question, 100%!

I will defend gay rights JUST as I will defend my own rights or anyone else's.

Bring it on.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

yes I have known a few closet men with girlfriends and they are just so gay but yet wears women's clothes behind her back too! and they have a child, it is such a shame, especially living in inferior to what others think.

what's strange to me is why do females want to look like men and then get a girlfriend that is femme, why not just date a guy instead of a girl that looks like a man,,

scared of the sausage sword!?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
::edit:: i was grumpy and this post contributed nothing

[edit on 28-3-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
::edit:: i was grumpy and this post contributed nothing

[edit on 28-3-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm glad the everyone ( up to this point ) has a live and let live opinion.
I was afraid this could turn out different.

I respect any opinion unless it is one that can cause harm to others.

I'd like to thank everybody for keeping this thread civil.
A big
for that.

Lets hope there will never come a moment we have to defend our rights with violence and I'm not just revering to this issue.

It comes all down to this.
We are lucky to be alive in this time and age. Despite complaining about the do's and don'ts we are at least having the opportunity to do so.
There a certain places on this world gay people will get killed. And parts where Christians will get killed. Parts where you and me get killed for having an opinion and parts where you will have to watch your back at all times for not ending up on the wrong side of a gun.

For now my mind is at ease and I consider myself a lucky guy.

Thank you all.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

I can handle your respons but what's the point if we do not seem to understand eachother ?

You have every right to your opinion. I've given you what I know about a choice and it's not something I dreamed of last night. I can't think of anything more what I can bring up to explain the difference of being able to choose and being unable to choose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join