It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accepting homosexuality in our communities. ( POll )

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think the topic is interesting, but usually infected. People think they have the right to tell someone what is wrong, and thats where it gets sticky. I think everybody should be free to do whatever they want as long as it doesnt hurt anybody.

Since im straight, I dont enjoy the idea of two guys having sex with eachother, but who made me the decider of whats to exist in this world? Nobody.

I wont defend your rights, but I wont attack them either. Its not my fight. Consider me neutral.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
lets discuss this in an appropriate manner

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The reality is that most gay people just want what everyone else has: Privacy behind closed doors, a good job, a home and to live their life they way that they find comfortable, not the way that other people determine is good for them. Most adults do not want to be told do this or that, who they can or can not see, date or have sex with. Most adults just want to live their life and be true to themselves without fear, and that is what most gay people want.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm in for one response and then out, inevitably this will turn into a s-storm.

I'd be willing to stand up for homosexual rights, no harm no foul, live and let live etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

I'd like to ask the people who accept homosexuality as a natural occurrence and accept gay men and woman without any consequences what so ever.
Are you prepared to defend gay rights.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

Absolutely. I will always stand up for my homosexual friends. They are no different than heterosexuals and should not be treated any differently. There is nothing wrong with it and as far as I'm concerned if Jesus was ever real or was here, he'd love his gay brothers and sisters as much as his hetero ones.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'd like to ask the people who accept homosexuality as a natural occurrence and accept gay men and woman without any consequences what so ever. Are you prepared to defend gay rights.

Yes-- I am prepared to continue defending gay rights.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Our country was founded on tolerance. I do not think people should have to accept homosexuality, but rather have tolerance towards it.

It I extend tolerance towards Catholics, it does not mean I have to accept Catholicism. I can still disagree with the pope and use condoms.

If I extend tolerance towards, Jews, it does not mean I have to accept Judaism. I can still eat Bacon Cheeseburgers and I do not have to wear a yarmulke.

If I extend tolerance towards gay people, it does not mean I have to accept homosexuality. I can still have sex only with members of the opposite sex and I can still think sex with someone of the same sex is disgusting.

In short, to tolerate gay people or any other group does not mean you have to approve of their behavior or practice it. It just means that you are willing to let them do their thing as long as it is not harming you.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
tbh so what if people are gay, if they where born that way or chose or was attracted to the opposite sex so what!!..

what do you do when you go shopping?, you pick something you like!

people like what they want.

being human is about picking a mate, so so what if it turns out your attracted to the possible love of your life in another sex??

there's a link between where people who hate gays etc sometimes even turn out to be one,, so you cannot rule anything out..

As for me last post.

GET OVER IT!

why not read the reasons why some people are gay also.

p.s. for whoever said I bat for the other team?!, well you considered me gay because I stand up for gay people so lol
there's a space between the lines!? read them,!!

not aimed at anyone but please people get over it, life is too short and it goes on. and if you don't like gays then don't go to a gay bar hehe

[edit on 28-3-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Me and my friends use to go to gay bar every week. Not because I or any of my friends is gay, but simply because it a fun place to be.

It's a real eye opener if you are in a place where there are no or less testosteron driven woman predators around.

I'll have to ad I found it quite hard to find a date and I never got that many rejections in my life, but it was fun.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'd like to ask the people who accept homosexuality as a natural occurrence and accept gay men and woman without any consequences what so ever.
[edit on 27-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

Hey Sinter.

I know quite a few gay people and i would definitely kick up a fuss if their rights as human beings were abused just because of their sexual orientation.

I do believe however that your enviroment and social growth as a child has a lot to do with being gay. Maybe not everything but a lot.

Gay people are usually funny kind people though

Except the millitant gays..

[edit on 28-3-2010 by TechUnique]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i guess ill just conclude that a victomless crime is not a crime.

this includes being homosexual.

everybody deserves freedom to do as they choose.

God gave man free-will, and that needs to be respected. anything past that is between God and whoever.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Believing that it is a choice, and believing it is wrong, I have this to say...

Christians are supposed to love people and accept them for who they are. They should welcome them into their homes and treat them as they would any person. With dignity and respect.

That being said, Christians are supposed to judge those in the church, to maintain purity and righteousness among the body of believers. If a person practices any sin and shows no remorse for it while at the same time claiming to be a brother or sister in Christ, they are not to be associated with.

I would have no problem with gays in my community, I would take it as a chance to witness to those people by my own kind actions towards them (Not beating them over the head with bible verse after bible verse). I would have a problem with the schools teaching my kids that homosexuality is just as acceptable as heterosexuality. As far as I'm concerned, the schools shouldnt touch the sex at all and leave issues liek that to the parents. If parents dont teach their kids, its their own fault.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Thank you for pointing that out.

I agree with sexuality not to be teached at school. But... ( there's always a but with me :@@
. Sexuality is teached because parents do not, or they teach their kids only there own truth on the matter. If you were told from child hood that being gay is as normal as the sun coming up each morning. We would not discus this right now. ( Example)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have lots of friends who are homosexuals. But I do make one provision which is to draw the line at adoption.

There seems to be a advertent or inadvertent crossing of their wires for the children with same parent adoption but this is a topic for another discussion.

Other than that I say live and let live.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm a Christen. Many of my peers are quite openly anti-gay and are surprised that I am not. IMHO you are what you are and it's no-ones business but your own. After all, only God can judge a soul.

I've partied in the gay community and had more fun hanging out with the super-camp than I've had with most of my straight friends, though my gay friends are often more bitchy than my wife! lol

The only thing I "hate" about gay people is exactly the same thing that I hate about heterosexual and bisexual people...I hate over the top and unnecessary public displays of lust. Makes me sound like an old prude! lmao

Rev

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
As an openly gay man, I can assure you that it isn't a "choice" or a "life style," it is how we were born & how our brains were wired! I still can't believe in 2010 we still wonder about these things. Anyhow, not upset just wanted to stress that is nature and natural for some of us (whether we like or not).

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Yes. That's MY child they're talking about and her life. It's other children who call me "mom" because their own families threw them out for being homosexual... while keeping ties with heterosexual children (no matter what scoundrels they became.)

Kipling has a poem titled "The Female of the Species" www.potw.org...

I think he states well (if poetically) just how far a mother would go for her children's sake. You may count me in that group when it comes to defense of my daughter and others like her. I have defended gays verbally (gently) in public, and somewhat hotly in World of Warcraft. I'll do it again, and again, and again. I'll be a lady... but these ARE my children, birth-given and chosen ones.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

... I have defended gays verbally (gently) in public, and somewhat hotly in World of Warcraft. I'll do it again, and again, and again. I'll be a lady... but these ARE my children, birth-given and chosen ones. ...

Are we blurring the line between real world 101 and the role-playing game ?

or are you using poetic license

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

That's one beautiful poem. Thank you.

I for a while now have come to the conclusion that it's the woman without a doubt, that is the center of the family in more than any way.
Which could only mean for all the men, they are ruled with iron hand.
edit.
This looked far more fun when I whas typing it.

Does this explains why woman can be so bitchy ?

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think homosexuality is wrong. It might even be a mental illness.

I will never participate in any effort to remove homosexuals from my community.

If I saw gaybashing occurring I would step in and defend a gay person that was getting beaten up.

I don't believe in state supported gay marriage, but I don't think the state should have any say in marriage period, there should be no state benefits for either kind of marriage.

What you want to do, is your business. Who you want to love, and in what way is totally up to you, and I have no problem with any of it.

Just because I think homosexuality is wrong, weird, chosen, and maybe even a mental problem does not mean I would EVER assault a homosexual (verbally or physically) or try to eradicate them from my community.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join