It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What people see on their deathbed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoscreator

Originally posted by metalmessiah
kaoscreator, what are your beliefs as far as religion, afterlife, etc... I ask because

I am a Christian, I believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. Only my opinion but it works in my life

I guess that blows my theory out of the water then...oh well, guess we will just have to wait until we die

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
lol I'll let you know what happens if you let me know

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A drug called '___' is release in our brains when we die or have NDE its effects are much like a hallucinogen but are very short lived. It can cause you to see many stange thing at death, but with it come a very calming feeling. for those who are interested there is a book about it called '___' the spirit molecule. I cant remember who wrote it but I can find out:

[edit on 9-6-2004 by HOPE]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
People don't die. Only there body dies and rots.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkanboy
There is a great site on this... I have read most of the true stories on it and find it quite interesting.

www.near-death.com...

Balkan,

What an interesting website. Thanks for sharing! I could spend hours reading about NDE's. This site seems to cover EVERYTHING.

Angelic

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I always thought that when you die, its like a state of mind thing, what your belief's may be are what occurs when you die. I am an Agnostic so im not sure what would happen to me, but im just hoping that when I die I will be told the truth about the universe and why everything is how it is, thats all I ask.

Although I do not understand hell exactly, I thought god forgave you for your sins, why do these people go to hell then? I just hope I don't go to hell for being agnostic.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have a strong belief that when our environmental suits fail, we all return to where we came from. I believe in God. Can I tell you what God is? No.
But my belief does not encompass Hell. No matter what you do in this short mortal life, you end up back. So don't be surprised when you do go back that you could be sitting next to Hitler and having a conversation.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I did a News story on Near-Death Experiences when I worked for TV.
We interviewed several doctors and other medical staff from this hospital in Maine who swore they believed in it based on the case they had of one they witnessed. The person flatlined... apparently left their body and then described stuff they saw in the room and in the hallway perfectly. They now have a poster on top of a cabinet in the operating room that can only be seen from above. If someone comes back and remembers what that says.... Look out!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My mom died last week. She said she saw moses and while she was in her final hours the hospice lady said she was talking to her father who died many many years ago. My mom was always looking and talking to things we could not see in her finale days.

When the lady called me the first thing I felt was peace and happness at the loss of pain and that mom was immediately with me. I had the feeling that she had something to do and she left. I told my dad that she was with us and all was ok. You must realize my moms last few months were painfull and horrible so a release from life may have been a joyous thing.

The next morning after her death, as I woke up, I had an overwhelming feeling of having a third since of sorts (other than seeing, hearing, feeling). My mom let me feel her and her surroundings at first I thought I was crazy so I laid back, opened my eyes and let it slowly form around me. What I could see through feeling s bright type mist and my mom (not her but her feelings)was a part of this somewhat swiming around withen them. I felt warmth and impartial feelings when I asked (I asked with pictures and feelings that seemed like the language there)my mom about some things she was upset about while alive. She was simply full of joyous impartial feelings as far as earthly things go. She let me slightly feel all the people around her and made me feel like, "hey look what I found". I had overwhelming feeling that she was telling me I had a child and that she had touched its soul. I cant say if it was alive or dead child but that she had found a grandchild and she was insanely happy about it ( I do not have any children but I lived a roudy life when I was young) (I've traveled the world as well heh). I got the since of a mermaid swiming around other mermaid type souls and that she had shared the feeling with me to let me know she was ok. The one thing that sticks out the most was the impartial feeling to things and feeling on earth like regrets, anger, disapoinmtents etc.. that none of that was capable of being were she was. I could feel it but was only alowed the smallest hint of it. Just happyness.

I have often wondered how I would be happy in a heaven not having control or emotions "free will" but you just dont feel like that there its just not a part of this heaven I imagined. Was weird....

Oddly I don't fear death ;like I did before. Im not one to think this way normally and I am pretty rational in that I believe it could be real or it could have been my own imagination but I did kinda time myself out and let it happen and it continued. Kinda like feeling like your in a dream and pinching yourself.

This happened on June 4th and 5th 2004.

Edit to add some detail:
The visual part was fleeting and this heaven was here with us sorta like seeing a ghosting television station on top of another station. 2 things occupying the same space so to speak. The feelings were much more vivid. This heaven was not above or below but among us and well sorta everywere at once. But I never got the feeling that I was excluded from it only that I was not fully aware of it.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Sharing a Tolstoy book, I believe the title was; "Ivan Illich", a dying and elderly Russian lawyer. Based upon his own experiences, Tolstoy allows his character, Ivan, in the final moments of life and perhaps seeking absolution from fear; announcing that "He who's understanding really matters ,will understand"( his life). Ivan then slowly but firmly whispers in a partial death rattle; "what joy ! what joy! then dies.

Many physicians describe dying as a "process" after the heart has stopped the "God" section of the brain slowly shutsdown and simply burns out with hallucination and flashbacks.

We will find out but we will never tell our story shall we?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Interesting. I've never herd of a man in a brown suit. Maybe though i dont know. I do think you see your relatives though. I wish i could see my grandfather before i die. He died when i was 3 from cancer

haha I always hope to see my grandfather, he died of cancer when I was 3 aswell

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
NDE's i've read about are most always peaceful, Must be a Chemical in your brain that is released when you know your going to die, makes it peaceful and conjures up memories, arnt our Brains Wonderful

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
This heaven was not above or below but among us and well sorta everywere at once. But I never got the feeling that I was excluded from it only that I was not fully aware of it.

Xeven,

What a beautiful experience you describe.

I agree, death is not something that we should fear. But it is a human reaction to fear the unknown. I was fearful at one point in my life, but I no longer feel fear when I think of death. I look at it as an extension of life without a physical body. There is too much evidence (and my own personal experiences much like what you described) that supports this theory and helps me believe that there is an afterlife; that this life continues beyond the grave.

Both of my parents have passed to the other side. My experiences with them came in the form of dreams (as does most of my spiritual teachings) but they assured me that they were happy and adjusting well where they are now.

I've heard people comment that "death is their next great adventure and they cannot wait to see what it's like", I wouldn't go that far, but I am not worried about it any longer.

AngelIC

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I've never been in a lifethreatning situation myself, but when I was very small ( about 4-5 )I had a strange experience. I remember seeing a man , a wizard or realy old man, in brown overcoat he said somethin although I don't remember what it was. I think it was a dream but I am not sure. The strange thing is that at the time I knew he was death ( someone from the other side). I was not affraid of him and brown is till now my favourite colour. After that I used to think about death very often without any fear.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't think people imagine it, because some people recall, when unconcious ,what is going on in the operating room. I don't think we just die and thats the end. Life would be pointless.

--Some of these stories are creepy. I remember a lady on t.v who found herself in Hell too. (true story) I guess the bad people will go there and if they want forgiveness they will go to a better place, but it's all very freaky. I don't know.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Interesting enough, here's a tidbit I picked up on Yahoo this morning

story.news.yahoo.com.../latimests/20040614/ts_latimes/takinglifesfinalexit

Don't know what to make of it, perhaps its delerium. Maybe its actually the soul preparing to leave this realm and into another? Your guess is as good as mine.. The interesting part is that a large number of people do sporadically talk, so we can rule out coincidence for the most part.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinobyte
During my conscious periods and unconsciousness I had terrifying visions (due to the morphine), one of which set off a series of heart attacks. I was eventually placed on life support. I awoke one night and removed my own catheter, 2 I.V's and I forced my teeth clamps and facial tape with my tongue and gagged as I slowly pulled the tubes from my throat. After detaching myself I recall horrible pains in my chest, as I tried my best to scream a nurse walked into my room, began caressing my forehead and held my hand as I slowly stopped breathing and passed out.

Yes, I did eventually wake up...no I'm not dead. I wasn't able to get an answer from the doctors on the nurse either. Chalk it up to hysteria, morphine or those crazed last thoughts before death...whatever she was the feeling of peace I felt while being touched by her was something I can't adequately describe.

Thought to share that. Thanks.

Your story reminds me of a story my grandmother frequently tells me.
About 42 years ago she was pregnant with my uncle. She had a very difficult pregnancy because she was carrying my uncle outside her womb. She had to lay down for 8 months so she would not lose her baby. Finally she went into labour and my uncle was born, my grandmother lost a huge amount of blood and slipped into a coma. A priest gave her as they call it here in Belgium 'the sacrements of the dead' or 'last sacrements'. At some point the doctors gave up all hope that she would ever recover. Afterwards she told us that she could here everything everybody was saying around her, she just couldn't react. Finally she remembers waking up feeling very scared because she didn't know where she was, if she was still pregnant, if the baby was still alive etc...
She remebers that at this particular moment a nun/nurse came into the room dressed in white telling her that everything would be alright. She told my grandmother that her baby was a healthy boy and that she had no reason to worry. Exhausted and reassured my grandmorther fell asleep again.
After she fully recovered she asked the doctors if she could speak to that nun/nurse again to thank her. Doctors told her that there where no nuns in that hospital working as nurses and nobody knew a nurse that fit the description my grandmother gave them.

This is a story my grandmother tells very frequently, and up to the present day she is convinced that a nun came and visited her on her hospitalbed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join