It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What people see on their deathbed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I was having a conversation with a guy..he said that when children are on their deathbeds, a majority of them see a man in a brown suit..And adults normally see relatives..

Anyone hear anything like that? or have anything interesting to say on it?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm an empath, and I was at the side of my cousin when he died. I could physically feel him dying. I can't tell you what I saw, but I can describe what it felt like.
In the very begening it was painful, very painful. every breth he took was intens pain. After awhile though, the pain began to deaden and he was getting....lighter almost. It's a difficult feeling to describe, it's very gradual.
Soon the pain was nolonger so sharp, but more like a general thing and the person just got...lighter and lighter, as if their molecules were seperating into the thin air. Senses were dulled and greyed and phasing out. Things seemed less important, life was nothing anymore. He felt almost powerless, there isn't really a word for it--impartial?
I never sensed any releife or terror from the man, but the feelings of being lifted away were so strong that I, being an empath, passed out. So, I don't really know what it felt like the moment he died, but that's how he was leading up to it.
Hope that helped...Anyone else have an experience like that?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Valedamar: What did your cousin die of? Was the pain caused by that?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
My grandfather die 2 years ago he was 104 years old few, days before he die he said that a white veil was covering the ceiling and slowly was reaching to him, he die peacefully.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
My uncle is a spiritualist. When my gran (his mother) died, he told me that he saw my grandfather (who died in 1972) come to collect her and take her to the spirit world.

I've heard of similar scenarios happening all over the world.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Most of the experiences I've heard about people see their relatives. Like I've heard where there's little kids that see relatives that die before they were born during NDEs and they can correctly identify them later.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
A week before my Dad died, he was visited in his hospital bed by a group of strange people (not alive
) who just stood around his bed and looked at him. He told us he felt very uncomfortable and scared, before, during and after his "visit". He did not recognise any of these "people".

Interestingly, the night before he went into surgery, which he never awoke from, he told us that he felt fine, safe even. No odd feelings there at all... which is kind of ironic!

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CindyPants
And adults normally see relatives..

Anyone hear anything like that? or have anything interesting to say on it?

When my grandmother was dying, she said she saw me and my sister as children come to her near her bed. Both my sister and I were adults at the time. She also saw several deceased, very close relations to her at times leading up to her passing. It is a strange thing indeed. Although this is the first time I have heard of children seeing men in brown suits...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I believe that the day we die and how we exit this world is something we had preplan before we come to live this life.

Must of the time familiar faces of the love one are a usual choice, some people that are more advance in their spiritual journey will be welcome by what they see as strangers.

Some people don�t even need a guide or friends to wait for them.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I have read some books about NDEs. Children seem to always have positive ones. I remember one boy, who's family was non-religious so he didn't have any preconcieved notions, saying that when he died he saw a 'wizard' with a beard who was dressed all in white and he saw his little friend who had died a year or two earlier standing by him. The 'wizard' told the little boy that it wasn't time for him to come to live them yet.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
my grandmother died late in the evening. the following day my mother called round to let the rest of the family know. my mother�s cousin was shocked, she told my mum that she had seen my grandmother at the shops that morning. they had spoken, my grandmother hadn�t said much just that she was fine and that she would see her later. apparently this kind of thing is quite common.

when my uncle on my fathers side past away we was in his room at the hospice, when suddenly he looked at a empty space in the room and said "hello mum", he looked really surprised but happy to see her, and we to were all surprised, my grandmother had been dead for 10 years. strange but true.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
About a week before my grandfather died he kept seeing a boy in a baseball cap - he kept yelling at the boy telling him to "get the hell out of here" and "what the hell do you want". We'd hear him yelling at the top of his lungs - we'd go in to see what was the matter he'd adamantly insist that the boy was sitting there in the chair by his bed - just sitting there and what did he want - we saw no boy. But the day he actually died he said my grandmother (his wife) was in the room along with the boy.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
My daughter takes alot of interest in her granfather that died three years before she was born.When she was three she mentioned that she seen him and that his hand which she described with no fingers touched her head.We have never told her that he lost all his fingers on one hand in an accidant he had.There are no photos because he was very embarissed by the markings.We checked with the family nobodyhad metioned this to her.Spooked the hell out of us all

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Interesting. I've never herd of a man in a brown suit. Maybe though i dont know. I do think you see your relatives though. I wish i could see my grandfather before i die. He died when i was 3 from cancer

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
My mother passed away in 2001. As our entire family gathered around her during her final hours, she lay almost motionless in the hospital bed. She was fully awake, looking at us and talking to each of us individually [we were saying our goodbyes]. When she began to fall asleep [effects of the enormous amount of pain killers] she would raise her arms into the air toward the ceiling begging tearfully "hurry, please hurry".

We all thought she was begging for my uncle [her brother] to hurry up and get to the hospital so she could see him before she passed away. We were somewhat relieved when my uncle did finally show up thinking she would wake up long enough to talk to him.

She barely flinched when we informed her that he had arrived... yet she continued to reach toward the ceiling begging "hurry, please hurry".

Another one of my uncles who is an ordained minister commented when he noticed the confused looks on our faces.. He said, "I've heard that people who are close to death will sometimes see someone who has already passed over. Maybe she sees your dad [my dad passed away before my mother], maybe she sees her guardian angels, maybe her mom is there, or her sister Mary.. I'm certain that she sees someone standing there waiting for her."

So there it is... my 2cents worth on this subject... yes I believe they see 'someone' at death.

AngelIC

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
For about a week before my Grandmother died of cancer she'd have totally matter of fact conversations with my Grandfather who died years before. Heck she even had an argument with him. Of course I only heard her side of it so I don't know who started it. She'd even follow whatever it was she saw around the room as if he was moving around. She was at home on Hospice care and was totally "with it" right up until she died.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I remember my dad saying something to me when one of our relatives died (His father/my grandfather) i believe

When my dads dad died (My grandad | Before i was born) he said "they are all there" or something and apparently (at some time) all his/our dead relatives and current living ones were standing at his bed side (Apparently) My dad never looked when it happened (Think he was so upset) but everyone else apparently saw it

It might of been mixed up as i heard it ages ago but thats the just of it as far as i can remember

[edit on 6-6-2004 by Crash]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It's a little bit of the opposite but before I was born I swear I remember bowling in a black room, then right before I was sent out I was sitting in a white room with other people and we were going over something that was on a chalk board.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Namtar

I have seen that room that you describe before, many times in dreams with like a tour, and last year during surgery, I was supposed to be under general anesthesia but I spend the entire surgery sitting in that white room with somebody else talking.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yeah dude! Was there a chalk board or like blueprints or something though? I mean what I saw wasn't really a "chalk board" but it was like this planning device and we were all going over it and talking about what was on it.

That's cool that someone else has seen this.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join