It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What people see on their deathbed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The end of 1996 I was shot twice, 2 seperate guns, 2 seperate people in the span of a couple hours. The last gunshot wound I received could have been considered fatal. The 44 caliber slug ripped through my pants and leg, shattered my femur, richocheted off of a fragment and traveled down my main artery tearing it to shreds as it traveled eventually lodging in my knee.

I remained conscious up till I was given anesthetic.

During my conscious periods and unconsciousness I had terrifying visions (due to the morphine), one of which set off a series of heart attacks. I was eventually placed on life support. I awoke one night and removed my own catheter, 2 I.V's and I forced my teeth clamps and facial tape with my tongue and gagged as I slowly pulled the tubes from my throat. After detaching myself I recall horrible pains in my chest, as I tried my best to scream a nurse walked into my room, began caressing my forehead and held my hand as I slowly stopped breathing and passed out.

Yes, I did eventually wake up...no I'm not dead. I wasn't able to get an answer from the doctors on the nurse either. Chalk it up to hysteria, morphine or those crazed last thoughts before death...whatever she was the feeling of peace I felt while being touched by her was something I can't adequately describe.

Thought to share that. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinobyte
During my conscious periods and unconsciousness I had terrifying visions (due to the morphine), one of which set off a series of heart attacks.

After detaching myself I recall horrible pains in my chest, as I tried my best to scream a nurse walked into my room, began caressing my forehead and held my hand as I slowly stopped breathing and passed out.

Sinobyte,

I've heard of people dreaming or having visions, terrifying visions of demons when they are close to death. One man actually witnessed what he called 'hell fire' burning his feet and he begged his relatives to help him. He said the demons were there to take him to hell. But really, what is Hell? Is it a biblical eternal fire or is it something that we continually create throughout our lives for ourselves?

While speaking with the mans family I found out that his life was filled with hateful malicious acts toward everyone he met.. could that have been the reason why his death was so troubling? I believe maybe it was.

As far as the nurse that touched your forehead.. if she gave you such a feeling of peace then perhaps she was your angel and not really a nurse after all. I've also heard stories about angels visiting the sick in hospitals dressed in 'white'. Perhaps not a nurses outfit.. but their actual celestial garment.

Of course, this is my humble opinion.. but I believe in angels.. I've had too many experiences in life that can only be described as angelic intervention.

Best luck to you,
AngelIC

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Namtar,

Beause in your experience is before being born I guess the chart could be a life blueprint.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinobyte
The end of 1996 I was shot twice, 2 seperate guns, 2 seperate people in the span of a couple hours.

Dude, how did that happen? Were you in battle or something or just on the wrong side of town? That's terrible.

My grandfather talked about "them" coming to carry him away. He talked about them digging a hole for him, building a coffin and carrying him into the hole. He was Native American Cherokee. Not sure if that meant anything. He died that evening.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
There is a great site on this... I have read most of the true stories on it and find it quite interesting.

www.near-death.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
my mamam (grandmother)was unconscious for days before she passed away but lifted her head off the bed opened her eyes and turned her head to both corners of the room before she passed away.

my grandad had come for his wife and my father had come for his mother.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
My dad had some kindey problem or something in the 2nd grade.He went into a coma and he saw his hospital room and just knew that jesus was going to come into his room but he said i'm too young to die and came out of the coma.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nutzobalzo
Dude, how did that happen? Were you in battle or something or just on the wrong side of town? That's terrible.

I was a gangmember in Chicago. 1996 was a pretty bad year for gang wars and everybody was getting shot. The first gunshot wound was a .22 and despite what some people would have you believe...IT HURT LIKE HELL and, of course, I screamed like a chick. The .44 gunshot would is what really turned my life around for the better. Have a kid now, I'm a comic writer and like all veterans, whether the war was on the streets or in the jungles, I walked away with horrible nightmares and a limp.

Life is funny lol

[edit on 6/8/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
My grandmother, years ago, often 'sat' with people in her community when they were on their deathbed, if they did not have nearby relatives to perform this function. She related several interesting occurances-one of a man who had been mean to kin and stranger all his life, he kept telling her to get the iron away from his feet, insisting they were burning. ( An old fashioned iron would be heated in the fire or on the stove and then placed in the bed to warm someone's feet in cold weather.) She tried repeatedly to tell him there was no iron in the bed, yet he insisted his feet were burning. Another time she sat with a lady who had been a gentle soul all her life, and was in a coma type state for several days. Just minutes before her death, her eyes opened wide and she asked my grandmother if she could hear that beautiful music, describing it as the most wonderful music she had ever hear, yet Grandmother heard nothing.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
In 2001 my Father died. He was living with my Sister. My Sister called me after his passing and told me a remarkable observation she had while he was still alive. She said she walked into his room and saw him taking to the wall. Apparently he was talking to someone called Craig. Then my Dad said "You mean I get to die on the same day my wife died"?. He did die on the exact same month and day that my Mother died on. My Mother died the year before on Mother's Day. By the way, I will always wonder this, but a good friend of mine died back in 1988. His name was Craig.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That's pretty cool Sinobyte.

All of these are really great life stories

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
All this stories say one thing, that we do not die alone and that is more to just dying, life does not end in this world only our flesh.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
In 1996 my heart stopped for more than 2 minutes. I don't remember seeing any type of room, or seeing anyone sitting beside me. I remember black. Just darkness. Uh oh, is that bad that I didn't see a light or something? lol, now I'm worried.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I believe that whatever people see on their death beds is either a result of being on medication, or it's their minds creating comforting images to mask the fear of dying.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I have read some books about NDEs. Children seem to always have positive ones.

I had a couple under the age of 5, though they were probably just lucid dreaming. But I was in the danger zone. Once from a penicillin reaction, another time from a raging fever.

But they were "waking" and people told me later what I was saying.

One was being out in the ocean alone in a row boat being tossed around by currents. Then a man appeared. I asked who he was. He said he came to help row. Don't recall how he was dressed.

Another was trying to climb to heaven on a giant jungle gym. There were people everywhere climbing with me, but I didn't know anybody.

I didn't die obviously.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

TextIn 1996 my heart stopped for more than 2 minutes

Perhaps the reason you did not experience any of this is because even when your hart stopped you where in any danger of dying. So don't worry about it.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
kaoscreator, what are your beliefs as far as religion, afterlife, etc... I ask because I have 2 friends that had NDE and both said the same thing you said. there was no light, no music, people, nothing. just faded to blackness. they are both athiest. I have Christian relatives who died and always seem to have the relative waiting or angel & going into the light. my belief is that your mind is programmed by your beliefs and that is what you experience. of course, blackness could be related to hell & an athiest would go to hell if there is one I guess....who knows

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
When I was in 1st grade I fell and hit my head on this metal bar, then I fell unconcious and almost died in the hospital. All I saw was a freaking huge pure gold gate and this old man standing beside it, I was about to ask him where I was, but then I became concious...

I coulda just been dreamin' though...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have to say this thread is very disturbing. My stomac turned on itself reading Valedamar's post and angelIC post wasn't any better. Similar to a scene from a horror movie.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalmessiah
kaoscreator, what are your beliefs as far as religion, afterlife, etc... I ask because

I am a Christian, I believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. Only my opinion but it works in my life

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join