It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX cancels 24

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow, didn't see this one coming. I watched the first 3 seasons of 24. But they changed the cast too much and I lost interest. But I thought the show was as popular as ever. But I guess due to sinking ratings, the show has been canceled.

reuters

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well the last couple of series have been rather crappy so yeah maybe it is time to bid a very fond Adieu to Kiefer n co......

Aaaw, I used to love 24 as well....

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I LOVED 24. I stopped watching it at the beginning of the season where Jack was in Africa. It just lost its spark.

Like I said, most shows are successful because of their cast. But the only consistent character was Jack. It was hard to get attached when you had a favorite character ripped out every season. That is my theory anyways.

I would be interested in hearign opinions as to why the show, which was such a great concept, went downhill.

Could it have been they overdid it? Way too much action and not enough plot?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I think it became a bit too predictable maybe and too far fetched ??

My fave series was Season 3 when the virus was released into the hotel, it was all edge of the seat stuff right up to the last episode....

Wow, that season was ACE !!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

The one thing I always joked about 24 was: the technology always worked, no matter where they were that cell had a signal. and...

they could get to the other side of LA in 15 minutes no matter what time of day it was.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Maybe they are just pulling it to rename it ..........

Given the chaos currently going on in the world,

maybe they are going to rename it "4 Hours and 15 Minutes"?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
they didn't, technically, cancel it. the season will end and they won't renew the contract.

there was talk that NBC was interested in picking up the show but the producers, Kiefer primarily, thinks they've done what they can on tv and he wants to forge ahead with Jack Bauer movies.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thank God they aren't continuing that garbage. How many times can one man save the world from nuclear holocaust?

The first season was alright. After that I just sat in amazement as all my friends sat glued to the TV watching what I thought was one of the worst shows on television.

Jack Bauer is secondary only to Jack Shepard in TV annoyance levels.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

OK, maybe it's just time... but this sux... It's one of the few shows that I DO watch on TV...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I just realized that it was going into its eighth season. Heavens time flies, I feel like I just started watching it. *laughs*

7 is considered an average and a pretty good run for a show. So I think the show got its due.

new topics

top topics

join