It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a Nice World War, Folks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
www.truthout.org...

Quote from source:
Here is news of the Third World War. The United States has invaded Africa. US troops have entered Somalia, extending their war front from Afghanistan and Pakistan to Yemen and, now, the Horn of Africa. In preparation for an attack on Iran, American missiles have been placed in four Persian Gulf states, and "bunker-buster" bombs are said to be arriving at the US base on the British island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean.

In Gaza, the sick and abandoned population, mostly children, is being entombed behind underground American-supplied walls in order to reinforce a criminal siege. In Latin America, the Obama administration has secured seven bases in Colombia, from which to wage a war of attrition against the popular democracies in Venezuela, Bolivia, Ecuador and Paraguay. Meanwhile, the Secretary of "Defense" Robert Gates complains that "the general [European] public and the political class" are so opposed to war they are an "impediment" to peace. Remember this is the month of the March hare.

According to an American general, the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan is not so much a real war as a "war of perception." Thus, the recent "liberation of the city of Marja" from the Taliban's "command and control structure" was pure Hollywood. Marja is not a city; there was no Taliban command and control. The heroic liberators killed the usual civilians, poorest of the poor. Otherwise, it was fake. A war of perception is meant to provide fake news for the folks back home, to make a failed colonial adventure seem worthwhile and patriotic, as if The Hurt Locker were real, and parades of flag-wrapped coffins through the Wiltshire town of Wooten Basset were not a cynical propaganda exercise.

"War is fun," the helmets in Vietnam used to say with bleakest irony, meaning that if a war is revealed as having no purpose other than to justify voracious power in the cause of lucrative fanaticisms, such as the weapons industry, the danger of truth beckons. This danger can be illustrated by the liberal perception of Tony Blair in 1997 as one "who wants to create a world [where] ideology has surrendered entirely to values" (Hugo Young, the Guardian) compared with today's public reckoning of a liar and war criminal.

Western war states such as the US and Britain are not threatened by the Taliban or any other introverted tribesmen in faraway places, but by the antiwar instincts of their own citizens. Consider the draconian sentences handed down in London to scores of young people who protested Israel's assault on Gaza in January last year. Following demonstrations in which paramilitary police "kettled" (corralled) thousands, first-offenders have received two and a half years in prison for minor offences that would not normally carry custodial sentences. On both sides of the Atlantic, serious dissent exposing illegal war has become a serious crime.

Silence in other high places allows this moral travesty. Across the arts, literature, journalism and the law, liberal elites, having hurried away from the debris of Blair and, now, Obama, continue to fudge their indifference to the barbarism and aims of Western state crimes by promoting retrospectively the evils of their convenient demons, like Saddam Hussein. With Harold Pinter gone, try compiling a list of famous writers, artists and advocates whose principles are not consumed by the "market" or neutered by their celebrity. Who among them have spoken out about the holocaust in Iraq during almost 20 years of lethal blockade and assault? And all of it has been deliberate. On January 22, 1991, the US defense Intelligence Agency predicted in impressive detail how a blockade would systematically destroy Iraq's clean water system and lead to "increased incidences, if not epidemics of disease." So, the US set about eliminating clean water for the Iraqi population: one of the causes, noted UNICEF, of the deaths of half a million Iraqi infants under the age of five. But this extremism apparently has no name.

Norman Mailer once said he believed the United States, in its endless pursuit of war and domination, had entered a "pre-fascist era." Mailer seemed tentative, as if trying to warn about something even he could not quite define. "Fascism" is not right, for it invokes lazy historical precedents, conjuring yet again the iconography of German and Italian repression. On the other hand, American authoritarianism, as the cultural critic Henry Giroux pointed out recently, is "more nuance, less theatrical, more cunning, less concerned with repressive modes of control than with manipulative modes of consent."

Very interesting article and it was a good read. I recommend going to the link and reading the full article.

I wonder what kind of reason we are going to find to enter Iran. I mean, really, it is very obvious that we are going to. I am not sure who the military think they are convincing that this is not pre-planned.

We just need to inform our troops that they have the choice to do these things that their superiors tell them too. If there were no soldiers that want to fight/kill then there would be no soldiers fighting/killing. I know violence would continue but I am talking about wars here and not little revolutionary wars, but hugs multi-billion/economy sinking wars.

I feel stupid because this is the way we solve our problems in the world of today.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I wonder what kind of reason we are going to find to enter Iran. I mean, really, it is very obvious that we are going to. I am not sure who the military think they are convincing that this is not pre-planned.

This is what will bring us to the "evil" Iran...

ATS Thread : Taliban fighters training in Iran, U.S. officials say

This was the excuse the US used to invade Afghanistan, it was also used later for the invasion of Iraq (second to the WMD claim), and now it will be used as an excuse to invade Iran.

The motive is not clear to me, but the actions and words are speaking very loudly...

Magnum

[edit on 10/3/26 by Magnum007]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
i am not looking forward to a WW3.

but in all logic, i would rather have it now, when the number of players with nukes are limited, than later, when there are nukes available to many.

WW3 is inevitable, it is not a matter of if, but rather when. best to have it when the variables are not only better known, but in our favor as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

this is going ot be way out there in left field but for those who really think about for one we are talking about a conspiracy so automatically i'm going to bring in a conspiracy!

how do we know that this isnt to make the biblical or "anunnaki" prophecies come true...think about it if we went to war with iran and israel followed people would be blowin the dust of there bibles!

that would allow and also make sense for the anunnaki to present themselves without worldy chaos...GOD returns in the end of days...get it?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

that would allow and also make sense for the anunnaki to present themselves without worldy chaos...GOD returns in the end of days...get it?

Why would people bow down to the Annunaki? If they have been malevolent towards humans, ever, or if they are working with the world's government, why would the people bow down to such filthy trashbin maggots?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
At the moment the world is just on the edge of a World War. It has to happen. It's inevitable.

The reason behind this is simple.

America is in Dire Straits.. I bet the American Government is just Itching to get into a Huge, All Out War.

Whenever a War erupts, especially a World War, People have employment. Food and Fuel become Rationed and after the war there are Rebuilding Projects to keep everyone Employed.

America has to have a World War in order to get out of the mess it's in. America is almost broke, It has record unemployment and I bet inflation is running fairly high. A world War would fix most of Americas Problems for TPTB. A World War would allow the States to bring better control over it's people as well.

But, in reality, the rest of the world follows America. If the rest of the World isn't in trouble, it soon will be.

So really, It's not a matter if a War will break out, it a matter of when.. In my honest opinion because of the way America is at the moment, It won't be too far away.

However, my whole Hypothesis above could be way, way off.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

The same question could be asked; why do we worship money?

The make it that way and we play into their scheme perfectly. People spend their lives getting money, spending no time with their family which really maters, and then we die. That sounds absolutely stupid to me.

Bowing down to some aliens...that sounds like fun...

Pred..

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Interesting and very plausible scenario. Let's hope it never comes to fruition.

reply to post by metalholic

There's no such things as Annunaki prophecies...

[edit on 26/3/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

I agree a WW is inevitable, but I think it is because TPTB want more money. No one in TPTB are having money troubles or having trouble finding a job, just the opposite for them.

When a WW instates it will give them more authority over us and more powers to take our rights away. That to me is the only reason a WW will happen.

America is already bankrupt. But with the banking cartel ruling the country they will not let it fall unless it benefits them. WW will bring hyperinflation just like Germany, and then and only then, I hope the people will revolt. I hope anyways.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
WWIII would be a perfect way to depopulate, which is one of the NWO's main goals. If they can manipulate circumstances such that it minimizes American deaths and brings us closer together, then the sheeple will thank them and our chance to question their plot will have passed, because they will be able to make dissenters disappear one by one, in the dark of night, and the ignorant masses will thank them for that, as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007

Whenever a War erupts, especially a World War, People have employment. Food and Fuel become Rationed and after the war there are Rebuilding Projects to keep everyone Employed.

That may have been true once, in the days of sword and cannon.

But not after an unlimited nuclear war, when everyone is either dead, or dying from radiation poisoning.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Uh, where you been? We have been in World war three since September 11 of 2001.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Uh, where you been? We have been in World war three since September 11 of 2001.

That is hardly a world war, especially considering you're facing insurgents and rebels, not actual armies.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Has nothing to do with that.....

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by hippomchippo

Has nothing to do with that.....

Then what are you talking about? 9/11 hasn't started any other wars.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
do u know what??

I think the Roths-childs
and the Rocker-fellers
watch our forums like hawks.
These threads give them so many
ideas to control people, it is unreal.
They don't have to dream stuff up
they just go to ATS and get their
ideas right here.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The real reason the US is planning to invade Iran depends upon which hierarchical layer within the power structure you'd like to look into.

I'll spare this thread of the fourth-oath view because so much time would need to be devoted to explain how this ties in with much deeper subjects historical and contemporary.

Nearly all will most readily identify with the following layer:

Read up on the Iranian Oil Bourse (IOB) and check out which currency they are NOT denominating their oil in...

The U.S. is financing Iran's nuclear power program through a Russian proxy. They have no intention of making a weapon.

A catalyst event is extremely likely.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well,I hate to tell you this,but we HAVE to have wars and global conflicts.

Men with power or authority will always attempt to dominate.

Study your history for the last 4000 years and you will see invasion domination played out on every continent during each recorded era.

It is human nature.

We spend trillions of dollars researching how to build better weapons to kill our fellow man.

Most of them are tactically useless,but the Industrialist's and the Generals will convince the Politicians to spend the taxpayer's money on them.

That is what war is actually all about.

It surely is not about regime change,or a land grab,or minerals or any other reason.

It is economics that drives the war machine.

It surely is not a tool for population control either.

We would have to eliminate 10 million a day,just to stay even with the population of this planet.

Unfortunately, beyond a total world catastrophe, humans will continue to create conflict with each other.

It is good for business.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well I agree that WWIII is going to happen, it's inevitable due to human nature. But I don't think the jumping at every little sound and crouching and running to your car mentality is healthy or productive at all. Let's face it--nobody on ATS forums has any say whether this or that war or skirmish happens. So maybe to feel like we in control of some aspect of this we start "waving our arms and whistling out" for atttention by saying HEY THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!

ok WWIII--gonna happen sometime

when exactly? who the frak knows

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientfuturist
The U.S. is financing Iran's nuclear power program through a Russian proxy. They have no intention of making a weapon.

pardon me for being skeptic

but I would love to see your source
for that accusation

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join