It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wider Smile, Longer Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
news.discovery.com...

The broader your smile and the deeper the creases around your eyes when you grin, the longer you are likely to live, according to a study published in Psychological Science this week

Okay, correlation does not imply causality and everything....but I just HAD to share this with you (since I tend to be a trifle obsessive about things smiley).

So be sure to laugh a little and smile a lot.....you'll live longer!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Buck Up...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Good to hear) [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32793318d42c.jpg[/atsimg] second line smile

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11f36e704623.jpg[/atsimg]

"I WILL LIVE LONG TIME!!!!"

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
smyleegrl THANK YOU, affirmation Signals will live long

and prosper!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
news.discovery.com...

The broader your smile and the deeper the creases around your eyes when you grin, the longer you are likely to live, according to a study published in Psychological Science this week

Okay, correlation does not imply causality and everything....but I just HAD to share this with you (since I tend to be a trifle obsessive about things smiley).

So be sure to laugh a little and smile a lot.....you'll live longer!

If this is true, Julia Roberts will live forever...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I don't see any smiles on these Iraqis faces, no wonder they age faster and live less but as far as me, Im leaving from this 3rd world country next week so smiles for everyone.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Interesting!

However,the stresses of modern life mean that it is often easier to wear a frown,than a smile!
God knows,we would all like to be able to smile a bit more!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I really don't like over the top, smiling happy people, just get on my nerves if im being honest. I guess this study is the opposite for me, smiling people will shorten my lifespan by stressing me out!
This is just one of those studies people throw out there though that usually has no bearing on reality, my uncle lived into his 90's and was one grumpy old guy.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The mind is an influential thing making yourself smile can make you happy and feel better about yourself or your situation. If you are always unhappy you make the world and those around you an unhappy place.

Life is but a game, if you aren't having fun then you aren't playing it right.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I'd imagine there's a lot of folks who really have difficulty finding things to smile about.

Congratulations on your impending homecoming! Thanks for your service and be safe!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I have a kinda small mouth! so I guess I aint gonna hit a hundred

Absolutely fine with that anyways, I don't think i'd like a life so long

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I get what your saying about smiling people getting on your nerves.

Just wanted to point out something I learned. Your response is just that....your response. Your perspective. Your choice.

You may not be able to change your feelings about super-happy people; they may always get on your nerves. But you can choose whether you let that feeling cause you problems or not.

Hope that didn't sound like a sermon. It wasn't meant to.

new topics

top topics

join