It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HCR Protester Throws Dollar Bills at Man with Partkinson's

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

You've made valid points all round if you ask me

Your post about Mr Oxycontin & Mr Fox is very much relevant to the thread...Both the idiot who was the subject of the O/P and Mr Oxycontin clearly share the same views...

Seems like they both believe people who suffer such terrible afflictions arent worthy of the best possible medical care...

How people could hold such views is totally beyond me...Health care is a basic human right...No ifs, no buts...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
But here you are, spouting non relevant CRAP in an attempt to further demonize the GOP.
[edit on 26-3-2010 by sos37]

Congratulations ! You've just engaged in partisan bickering

Ever hear the one about pots & kettles ?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Stick to the topic.

Debate the topic. Not each other.

Pack in the petty bickering.

If you can't post about the topic, and can't resist digging at each other, then don't post.

I hope thats clear.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by System

Thanks for posting the video. The one in the original source had been removed for some reason.

Watching the video made me a little bit sick. It breaks my heart to think that there are people who actually think that it's OK to behave like that! Until they get caught, that is... Then they're all kinds of sorry. Sorry they got caught, that is.

Scum is too good a word...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would like to watch the video but I dont think I can handle the downer energy today. I am low myself for some reason.

So I will make my comments in general.

I think it is sad and shameful that we have desensitized ourselves to the point it seems ok to act in such a manner as the money tosser man did.

I feel sorry for him, because he deserves pity, he is pathetic.

You know, a lot of us who are normal sane people come to the internet and spout off about things, but we know the difference between boasting our gripes with the government in a like minded on line community and actually committing an assault on a human in real life.

This story just seems like a sad commentary on America as a whole.

I can only hope this man uses this as an opportunity to grow and learn and change.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Ismail
reply to post by mahtoosacks

What I was trying to say, is that by allowing himself to go off the deep end, he voiced the way he really felt : he sees the diseased and handicapped as assisted parasites, and does not want to pay for them.

Like a Nazi

Same tude, new day

i hope you werent calling me a nazi.

i didnt even say that....

[edit on 3/26/2010 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

No, you're not a Nazi...

But you were trying to defend the indefensible

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

No, you're not a Nazi...

But you were trying to defend the indefensible

o look... another non reader...

go back to page one and fill yourself in...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So this poor poor man with a disease decided to put himself in the middle of the fight and people feel sorry for him I don't I say he had it coming!!!!!

It is harsh but true the reason people with problems have such a hard time is because so many people feel sorry for them. We all have problems some worse then others but feeling sorry for them is not the answer. And the very people thinking they are doing the right thing are the cause.

He asked for it and he got it so what? If this had been a healthy guy this would not be a problem. So it is about feeling sorry for someone. And this only makes their problems worse. This is the politically incorrect truth.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Chris Reichert, a Republican against the health care reform law, says that he is ashamed of himself for berating a man with Parkinson's disease at a Columbus, Ohio rally a week and a half ago. ... Reichert said that he hasn't slept since the episode.

I bet he's only ashamed that it was filmed and that he got caught.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

No, the problem is that this man has Parkinson's disease and doesn't have enough money to pay for treatment. The problem is that the people in front of him do not care. The problem is that these so called human beings are throwing money at him like he is a pet monkey, and telling him to go get a job when it is OBVIOUS that he cannot work.

The problem is people who think like the ones in front of him are condemning him to death and suffering, because the greedy fools are afraid that saving his life by offering him health care he could afford would mean acting like a communist.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Ismail]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Not true. The incident appears to have had nothing to do with his opposition to the HRC.

Bullet That Struck Cantor's Office Appears to Have Been Randomly Fired

reply to post by maybereal11

Yes, the early partisan spin on the story did "smell to high-heaven", and rightly so the record is being set straight.

[edit on 3/26/10 by redmage]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

So this poor poor man with a disease decided to put himself in the middle of the fight and people feel sorry for him I don't I say he had it coming!!!!!

He did not choose to have the disease he suffers from nor did he choose the insurance system that discriminates against him and denies him treatment because of it.

How again did he choose to put himself in the "middle of the fight"?? By being present?

I don't understand what you feel is acceptable in public discourse? Berating and mocking someone for their Disease? Ethnicity? Sexual orientation? Doing so is relevant to our national healthcare debate how?

It is harsh but true the reason people with problems have such a hard time is because so many people feel sorry for them.

Really? I suspect the reason he is possibly "having a hard time" is not because "people feel sorry for him", but because he suffers from Parkinson's Disease.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Ismail

What I was trying to say, is that by allowing himself to go off the deep end, he voiced the way he really felt : he sees the diseased and handicapped as assisted parasites, and does not want to pay for them.

i hope you werent calling me a nazi.

i didnt even say that....

[edit on 3/26/2010 by mahtoosacks]

he sees the diseased and handicapped as assisted parasites,

Like a Nazi

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

And the very people thinking they are doing the right thing are the cause.

Talking about your buddy's maybe, huh???

You need to open up that mind more, look both ways

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

ismail said that, and he was saying what that guy was thinking.....

you guys are all so mixed up with your own problems you cant even read...

please stay on topic and stop non sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
that video makes me sick to my stomach to watch. i sincerely hope that the people in that video realize they look like cavemen and nothing like actual thinking, feeling, HUMAN beings. people just dont know how to deal with their intense emotional responses anymore. i didnt, and i attended therapy weekly for over a year. i now understand that no one but myself is responsible for my anger. i dont care what anyone else thinks...you are responsible for your own anger. if you're angry, its YOUR fault. we are completely capable of controlling our emotional responses and thinking and acting in a mature, responsible, self disciplining manner. the problem is that people love to play the blame game. and i mean, i know that people are seriously mad at the government right now...but thats NO reason to take it out on a fellow citizen. people are so angry that they dont know where to place the anger. they're placing it on each other instead of government.

i feel that the man with parkinsons was incredibly brave to put himself out there like that. it takes a lot of guts to sit there and take that crap from those people.

the man throwing money, and all the others mocking the parkinsons patient, are the absolute lowest of the low. and i very much doubt that he's sorry for his actions, he's just sorry that he was caught. i hope that one day karma knocks on their doors to give them a real good beating...they CLEARLY need it.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

What a jerk. Although if I was that guy, I would have picked up those dollar bills and said "Thanks!". A fool and his money are soon parted.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I covered a TPM rally here in my area as a producer/director/Cameraman for our local cable access channel. My sound man was a young black man and you should have heard the filthy racist epithets directed at this young man by a fair number of the TPM attendees. They seemed not to care that we were video taping them as the mob mentality had clouded their vision.
I wanted to air this display of hate but I was overruled by my supervisor/ She said there will be a proper time to show it. I know what she means.

I know that most of the TPM people are fine folks but why didn't even one of them step forward and tell those insulting this young black man to stfu?
As I listen to Rush and Beck I'm not surprised there isn't more real violence coming from their veiled hatred and racism.

Perhaps when my supervisor releases the tape I will put it up here at ATS.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by whaaa]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join