It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HCR Protester Throws Dollar Bills at Man with Partkinson's

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This HCR Protester started throwing dollar bills at a man with Parkinson's Disease, screaming about the man wanting a "handout"... Despicable behavior! When asked about it, he denied it. When he found out he was caught on tape, THEN he "apologizes", saying how shameful his behavior was... Riiiight.

Protestor Apologizes after Denying and Being Caught on Tape

Chris Reichert, a Republican against the health care reform law, says that he is ashamed of himself for berating a man with Parkinson's disease at a Columbus, Ohio rally a week and a half ago.
Reichert said that he hasn't slept since the episode.

Poor thing! Can we all gather some sympathy for this asshat? I don't think so!

"I wanted this to go away, but it won't and I'm paying the consequences," Reichert said.

He said he's fearful for his family after reading comments about his actions on the Internet.

"I've been looking at the web sites," he said. "People are hunting for me."

This frantic, emotional behavior gets people into trouble. What was he thinking?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is what happens when you think with your wallet instead of your brain. You make a fool out of yourself and are offensive to others.

The most interesting part is that he seems to feel more sorry for himself than about what he did to a fellow human being.

Which says a lot about this whole HCR debate, really.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Ismail]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What a jerk.

I did not support the HCR, but i do not support this idiot either.

although, something that would had been a local issue, is now blown apart as a nationwide scandal, and helps to concrete dems view of repubs.

what will never come out, is how many stupid people actually reside in the USA and across the world equally.

assigning a label to that idiot only works against the truth that there are incredible amounts of stupid people everywhere.

wtg jack-hole.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"Man is the missing link between apes and human beings."-- Konrad Lorenz

Pity this man is not a human being. Its expected I guess.

Actions like this certainly do rile up people and make them want to vote, but I think the right is going to have a shock when they found out whom they riled up with these actions...

-edited for quoteyness

[edit on 26-3-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This HCR Protester started throwing dollar bills at a man with Parkinson's Disease, screaming about the man wanting a "handout"... Despicable behavior! When asked about it, he denied it. When he found out he was caught on tape, THEN he "apologizes", saying how shameful his behavior was... Riiiight.

Protestor Apologizes after Denying and Being Caught on Tape

Chris Reichert, a Republican against the health care reform law, says that he is ashamed of himself for berating a man with Parkinson's disease at a Columbus, Ohio rally a week and a half ago.
Reichert said that he hasn't slept since the episode.

Poor thing! Can we all gather some sympathy for this asshat? I don't think so!

"I wanted this to go away, but it won't and I'm paying the consequences," Reichert said.

He said he's fearful for his family after reading comments about his actions on the Internet.

"I've been looking at the web sites," he said. "People are hunting for me."

This frantic, emotional behavior gets people into trouble. What was he thinking?

A Republican congressman's office window was shot out last Monday because he opposed the HCB.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
This is what happens when you think with your wallet instead of your brain. You make a fool out of yourself and are offensive to others.

The most interesting part is that he seems to feel more sorry for himself than about what he did to a fellow human being.

Which says a lot about this whole HCR debate, really.

no i think this is what happens to people when you place them in a position of what seems like a no win either way. he acted a fool and it can not be condoned, but im sure that made sense for him at the time.

if i can understand his actions without condoning them, i would see someone, who obviously upset over the news of the government taking more of his wallet, so he figured all hope was lost and just start throwing the money out, all while being a huge jerk.

one thing ive learned through the years....

dont look at anger as an emotion unto itself. anger is a response that occurs to some other form of emotion. being scared, hurt, or abused brings out anger in some people, but anger is not just something that comes from no where.

its a real shame this guy did this to someone who obviously needs assisstance, but i can see the frustration.

add to that a government that lies, bullies, and buys opposition, and you will see more people lashing out at a feeling of helplessness and an out of control downward spiral that is happening in this country.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
You pay one way or the other.

One way is with your wallet. The other is with your humanity.

Thank you for proving the point.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think the guy should volunteer 40 hours of his time helping out at a local hospice or some such "liberal establishment" if he wants to get back to feeling good about himself. Sometimes it is a good thing to actually see whats going on on the streets verses have rush limbaugh tell you whats going on between his twinkie bites and cigar smoking...

People aren't wanting a hand out...but people are needing a hand up, or for people to help out. hardly hair splitting.

Now...whats the current odds that this guy will actually do that? thinking 200/1 against.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

A Republican congressman's office window was shot out last Monday because he opposed the HCB.

I have commented on this before. The idea that some left leaning whacko would feel so enraged by the HCR debate that he would shoot out a GOP Congressman's window only makes sense if it was done prior to the passage.

My suspicion if this report is genuine, it was done by a local virginian frustrated that he failed to stop the bill.

Really.."snaps" after the they get what they wanted?...after a year long debate and all of the rhetoric...the bill they feel so passionately about passes and then they freak out? this just smells to high-heaven.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
On topic....Remember when Rush Limbaugh accused Michael J. Fox of "faking" his disease?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Wow. Nice try. Waiting for a Mod to weigh in...

The fact that those opposed to HCR to a VERY large degree have been egged-on by a man (Rush Limbaugh) who himself has shown public disdain for Michael J. Fox (who also suffers from Parkinson's disease)...going as far as accusing him of "faking it" for political purposes... seems plainly relevant.

Want to bet that this asshat (like that word BH) who threw dollar bills at this man is a Rush listener?

Words matter.

Still waiting.... apparently the mods can discern relevance.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

What I was trying to say, is that by allowing himself to go off the deep end, he voiced the way he really felt : he sees the diseased and handicapped as assisted parasites, and does not want to pay for them.

Why can't he just stick with what he believes ? Because the way I see it (i'm not american, by the way), that is what this debate is about.

Some people want to keep their money, because they don't want it going to "just anyone", and others don't mind sharing, even if it means trusting the 'gubmint to redistribute it.

The guy is more upset about himself than the other slowly dying man he threw money at, and is wallowing in a pit of fear and self-pity.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by System

Jesus, that was unbelieveable, you wouldn't treat an animal in such a way. What is wrong with these people?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ya very disgusting

If I were religious I could imagine such as being a ticket straight to hell.

These folks are scum IMO

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
reply to post by mahtoosacks

What I was trying to say, is that by allowing himself to go off the deep end, he voiced the way he really felt : he sees the diseased and handicapped as assisted parasites, and does not want to pay for them.

Like a Nazi

Same tude, new day

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Freaking revolting. They call themselves human ? I call them selfish egocentric apes. "No handouts here, you've got to work if you want health care..." The guy can't even walk for heavens sake. These were the people freaking out over "Obama's death panels" ? Right, but letting a guy starve to death because he can barely walk, that's acceptable ? And contrary to the death panels, these people would really do it !

Did I just here someone calling that guy a communist because he can't afford health care ? Unfudgingbelievable.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
reply to post by sos37

Wow. Nice try. Waiting for a Mod to weigh in...

The fact that those opposed to HCR to a VERY large degree have been egged-on by a man (Rush Limbaugh) who himself has shown public disdain for Michael J. Fox (who also suffers from Parkinson's disease)...going as far as accusing him of "faking it" for political purposes... seems plainly relevant.

Want to bet that this asshat (like that word BH) who threw dollar bills at this man is a Rush listener?

Words matter.

Still waiting.... apparently the mods can discern relevance.

Nope. Two different stories. Man throws dollar bills at guy with Parkinson's.

Rush Limbaugh calls Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's fake.

You're just stirring up trouble like you usually do. Again, reported.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

<<   2  3 >>

join