It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

HCR Protester Throws Dollar Bills at Man with Partkinson's

page: 3
16
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilishlyangelic23
that video makes me sick to my stomach to watch. i sincerely hope that the people in that video realize they look like cavemen and nothing like actual thinking, feeling, HUMAN beings. people just dont know how to deal with their intense emotional responses anymore. i didnt, and i attended therapy weekly for over a year. i now understand that no one but myself is responsible for my anger. i dont care what anyone else thinks...you are responsible for your own anger. if you're angry, its YOUR fault. we are completely capable of controlling our emotional responses and thinking and acting in a mature, responsible, self disciplining manner. the problem is that people love to play the blame game. and i mean, i know that people are seriously mad at the government right now...but thats NO reason to take it out on a fellow citizen. people are so angry that they dont know where to place the anger. they're placing it on each other instead of government.

i feel that the man with parkinsons was incredibly brave to put himself out there like that. it takes a lot of guts to sit there and take that crap from those people.

the man throwing money, and all the others mocking the parkinsons patient, are the absolute lowest of the low. and i very much doubt that he's sorry for his actions, he's just sorry that he was caught. i hope that one day karma knocks on their doors to give them a real good beating...they CLEARLY need it.


i agree with you.

as i said on page one, anger is not a singular emotional response, and it is usually brought on by other emotions. I'm glad you learned to control your anger.

i have personally, never stated we shouldnt help people. this HCR is not the way in my opinion. It wont even take effect now for 8 more years... yea they increased it.

i can understand their anger, although, the same as i can understand an animal mother pushing out the weakest of her litter to better support the healthy and strong ones.

there is no compassion in it, but it is for the benifit of survival.

people have overcome these obvious hurdles to be able to care for all, to an extent, but that animal nature is still there.

i still say that when you back people into a corner, whether its these republicans, or victims from katrina, the worst will always come out first.

no where in any of my posts do i condone the actions of these weak minded individuals who let anger grasp them stronger than reason. please stop calling me a nazi. learn to read. (not directed at who i am replying to
)




posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa
 


the mob mentality is just nuts. i just think that its unfortunate that the more people you gather in a group, the less rational and less thinking they become. we need to learn to be more like ants. ants become smarter and more effective as their group grows in size...humans it seems, are the complete opposite.



posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


This has already been discussed on here many times.

That guy with parkinsons ends up supposedly being some nuclear engineer with a PHd and 2 masters or something.

You can always use the search function

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Returning lack of compassion for lack of compassion is a terrible thing. I hope this thread, in general, dies a quick death.




posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
reply to post by Janky Red
 


ismail said that, and he was saying what that guy was thinking.....

you guys are all so mixed up with your own problems you cant even read...

please stay on topic and stop non sense.

He's saying that Nazis see disabled as parasites, as did these gentlemen who threw money at the fellow with parkinsons, I doubt they were calling you personally a nazi.



posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I can understand the people's frustration. My grandmother has Alzheimer's and the government's idea of health care for her is tossing her in a nasty nursing home and taking her life savings, leaving nothing for her children. Instead of that option, we took care of her for years.

I believe the people in the video have the idea that they will lose their savings to take care of unrelated people with no choice in the matter.

Personally, I do not understand why people are upset about the video. The man did not attack the "victim". He dropped one bill on his lap, then tossed one more at him, while exercising his right of free speech.

I would respect the man if he had told the media he did it, and was not going to apologize. Far too often in the USA, people buckle under media attention to apologize for their apparently genuine feelings.



posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by My_Reality
 



Your apologist attitude and making excuses for a person that mocks and ridicules a crippled person is quite revealing. Genuine feelings or not, it was trailer trash behavior.

I pray it never happens to one of your loved ones.


[edit on 26-3-2010 by whaaa]



posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
Returning lack of compassion for lack of compassion is a terrible thing. I hope this thread, in general, dies a quick death.



Again, I say;



posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
This has already been discussed on here many times.


Thanks. I will alert the mods.



posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The tea party movement scares me. There are intelligent and rational reasons at to why one would oppose HCR legislation. Unfortunately, much of the opposition to HCR has been by tools who allowed Health Care industry lobbyists to wind them up to the point where they no longer think or act rational.



posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
Personally, I do not understand why people are upset about the video. The man did not attack the "victim". He dropped one bill on his lap, then tossed one more at him, while exercising his right of free speech.


we're upset with the video because they are dehumanizing a fellow citizen. i dont care how mad you are. you DO NOT treat people in that manner. its absolutely disgusting behaviour from american people in the year 2010. completely appalling. i find it very unfortunate that you do not see the wrong in that video. that man had people yelling and screaming in his face. the last time i checked, that was called a verbal attack.



posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilishlyangelic23
i find it very unfortunate that you do not see the wrong in that video. that man had people yelling and screaming in his face.


I also find it unfortunate. And you can be sure that for every one person who comes out and says that they think this is OK, there are many more who are too ashamed or embarrassed to admit it. The fact that people don't see anything wrong with this is a sad indication of the level of empathy (or lack of it) that is apparent in many of the "tea party" mindset. I used to think the tea party was a good thing, but the selfishness, hostility, violence and narcissistic displays I have read about recently make me shudder. I'm beginning to think this tea party mindset is a very bad thing for our country.



posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I dont understand these people anymore. Its almost as if they have completely forgotten about the debate at hand and its just become a political points game for them. People are suffering because this healthcare system cheats them out, yet its many of their own fellow americans who turn to the corporate talking heads to keep them completely ignorant.

S+F BH



posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by My_Reality
 



Your apologist attitude and making excuses for a person that mocks and ridicules a crippled person is quite revealing. Genuine feelings or not, it was trailer trash behavior.

I pray it never happens to one of your loved ones.


[edit on 26-3-2010 by whaaa]


I was not apologizing for anyone. I was simply observing the behavior in the video and expressed what I believed to be behind their apparent anger. I try my best not to mock or ridicule anyone, as I know the taste of that. That also includes not doing the same to the instigator. Impartiality.



posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality






I was not apologizing for anyone. I was simply observing the behavior in the video and expressed what I believed to be behind their apparent anger. I try my best not to mock or ridicule anyone, as I know the taste of that. That also includes not doing the same to the instigator. Impartiality.


You can be impartial to someone mocking a cripple? How about pedophilia, child abuse or rape? Yeah that's right...take the mind set and feelings of the perpetrator into consideration and completely disregard the victims.

As I said before you revealed a lot about yourself. And it stinks!

IMO you have let your conservative ideology slice off a huge chunk of your compassion and common sense; sadly a trend that seems to run thru the TPM.









[edit on 26-3-2010 by whaaa]



posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove
 





A Republican congressman's office window was shot out last Monday because he opposed the HCB.


This is your reply?

Is this somehow a twisted justification of someone with Parkinson's disease being treated this way?

BTW...regarding Cantor...

Bullet That Hit Eric Cantor's Office From Random Gunfire




"A preliminary investigation shows that a bullet was fired into the air and struck the window in a downward direction, landing on the floor about a foot from the window," the Richmond police department said in a statement. "The round struck with enough force to break the windowpane but did not penetrate the window blinds."


www.cbsnews.com...

This means no one was shooting directly at the building and was a stray bullet.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by David9176]



posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilishlyangelic23
that video makes me sick to my stomach to watch. i sincerely hope that the people in that video realize they look like cavemen and nothing like actual thinking, feeling, HUMAN beings. people just dont know how to deal with their intense emotional responses anymore. i didnt, and i attended therapy weekly for over a year. i now understand that no one but myself is responsible for my anger. i dont care what anyone else thinks...you are responsible for your own anger. if you're angry, its YOUR fault. we are completely capable of controlling our emotional responses and thinking and acting in a mature, responsible, self disciplining manner. the problem is that people love to play the blame game. and i mean, i know that people are seriously mad at the government right now...but thats NO reason to take it out on a fellow citizen. people are so angry that they dont know where to place the anger. they're placing it on each other instead of government.

i feel that the man with parkinsons was incredibly brave to put himself out there like that. it takes a lot of guts to sit there and take that crap from those people.

the man throwing money, and all the others mocking the parkinsons patient, are the absolute lowest of the low. and i very much doubt that he's sorry for his actions, he's just sorry that he was caught. i hope that one day karma knocks on their doors to give them a real good beating...they CLEARLY need it.



I attended anger management for 6 weeks, and I found out the very same thing. Here is my most important lesson learned.......I hope everyone adopts this attitude.

"These are my buttons, no matter who pushes them; I and I alone am still responsible for MY BUTTONS"

To say someone is angry and lashed out IS NOT an excuse. You are still responsible for YOUR behavior, no matter what pisses you off.

I read the article, and hesitated to watch the video. But I clicked on it, and am now in tears, this is sick, both guys doing the yelling are sick excuses for human beings and don't deserve to breath the same air I do. That's not a threat to them, that's just my opinion and thank God I believe in Karma, because it's going to bite them in the ass, and hopefully soon!



posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7
 


You're yelling.
You are echoing what you understand to be darkness.



posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa
 


"You can be impartial to someone mocking a cripple?"

What does being crippled have to do with being mocked or ridiculed? Are saying it is fine to mock people that are not crippled, and that it is not OK to mock people who are?

"How about pedophilia, child abuse or rape?"

If you would review my original post, I clearly said that the instigator did not attack the victim, and according to the video, he did not. These questions have nothing to do with the topic at hand and are violent crimes.

"Yeah that's right...take the mind set and feelings of the perpetrator into consideration and completely disregard the victims."

I have never stated that I am on the instigators side. I am neither on the side of the victim. I am looking at the situation from different points of view.

"As I said before you revealed a lot about yourself. And it stinks!"

I would have to say the same about you. I will not however declare that your views "Stink" because we do not agree.

"IMO you have let your conservative ideology slice off a huge chunk of your compassion and common sense; sadly a trend that seems to run thru the TPM."

It seems to me that your apparent inflexible morals has made you biased. I get the impression that if people do not believe as you do, then you are right and they are wrong.


Do we have all the facts? Do we know what transpired before the 0:48 second video? I am reserving judgment for if and when we know the answers to those questions.




-Edited to bold the quotes-

[edit on 28-3-2010 by My_Reality]




top topics



 
16
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join