It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican didnt punish sex abuse priest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Vatican didnt punish sex abuse priest

www.straitstimes.com

VATICAN CITY - THE Vatican did not discipline a Catholic priest accused of sexually abusing up to 200 deaf boys in the United States from the 1950s to the 1970s as Church laws do not require automatic punishment, its spokesman said on Thursday.

The New York Times reported on Thursday that the Vatican did not defrock Rev. Lawrence Murphy in the late 1990s despite receiving clear warnings from his bishops that his case was serious and could embarrass the Church.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
news.yahoo.com

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The Story goes on to explain that the then Cardenal Ratzinger, now pope, was then the churchs top doctrinal official. In the begining it was decided to punish him,but after he appealed DIRECTLY to Ratzinger, the punishment was annuled. He died the same year.

The pope let a known sex offender keep his job and didnt punish him even though other cardenals informed him it was bad for the churches image???

Is this what they mean by "suffer the little children"...

www.straitstimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hi andy.....you were beaten to it by a day....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for posting though, this needs more attention that it's getting.

CX.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This whole thing is all about the fact that the church is SCARED to admit mistakes. They believe that if they admit mistakes, people will doubt their other statement and the whole belief.

Why else do you think they believed in a flat earth even after it was proven to be round, why do you think they prosecuted people who didn't believe the sun turns around the earth? They want to keep their authority at all costs, even if that means being unethical...they are power hungry just like regular politicians and other leaders.

This is NOT an attack on religion, but the catholic church is messed up...which isn't a surprise, the church is lead by humans after all

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yeah i posted it a couple of hours ago, but in spanish with translation and they trashed me...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Oh this old chestnut again!

This topic arrives in the media every few years or so.

Homosexual paedophilia is SO widespread in the various organised religions, that i'm surprised it isn't listed on the job description.

But then, they say they rape and abuse young boys and occasionally girls, because...through god, 'they' love them SO much...sure...the mythical god wants his emissaries to rip kids apart both physically and mentally doesn't it!

Isn't it written..suffer little children? (sorry Andy, just noticed you beat me to it!)

Bastards.

[edit on 26/3/2010 by spikey]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
If this isn't the most 'in your face' proof of the church being controlled by evil I do not know what is.

The f**g chruch sodomizing children...HELLO!!!

And second worse is knowing about it and trying to keep a lid on it.

....it's disgusting and proves that this whole idea of priests it is against human nature, sucks and doesn't work.

Ofcourse there are priests that want to do the right thing but they joined something that isn't what they expected it to be.

That's all I have to say about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join