It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Lawmaker Darrell Issa Poised to Call for Special Prosecutor to Investigate White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
And the fun just keeps on coming...
I wonder how far this will get. Hopefully all the way to the supreme court, they owe Obama a good one! Payback is a b**ch!!

Rep. Darrell Issa, the top Republican on the House Oversight committee, told CBS News Wednesday that he will call for a special prosecutor to investigate the White House if it does not address Rep. Joe Sestak's claim that he was offered a federal job in exchange for dropping out of the Pennsylvania Senate primary.
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It'll never see the light of day. Even if it does they've been showing their hand all along.....bribes, favors, special deals. They do it in fron t of us and don't care who knows....mybe that's the transperency that was talked about?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
It'll never see the light of day. Even if it does they've been showing their hand all along.....bribes, favors, special deals. They do it in fron t of us and don't care who knows....mybe that's the transperency that was talked about?

That's classic, transparancy in corruption, what a novel idea.

" So here America, I won't do anything for you, I'll lie and cheat, but I'll tell you about it".

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
That's classic, transparancy in corruption, what a novel idea.

I guess that's how they do it in Chi-town??

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
At least the story hasn't been 'disappeared' by the MSM.

The question I have is not whether this happens, but how frequently and who.

Presidents are often beset by office seekers looking to cash in on campaign promises.... So I expected political appointees fall mostly into this category of candidate for the position. But if the politicians themselves (which is to say the so-called "political parties") are doing this, aren't they in effect 'cheating' the electorate?

Or is this considered ethical for politicians to do?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Darell Issa is bought and paid for by the military industrial complex and the pharmaceutical industry.

BUT GO AHEAD......STAND BY A CORRUPT MAN.

www.opensecrets.org...

www.amgen.com...
www.raytheon.com...
raytheon.mediaroom.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Darell Issa is bought and paid for by the military industrial complex and the pharmaceutical industry.

BUT GO AHEAD......STAND BY A CORRUPT MAN.

www.opensecrets.org...

www.amgen.com...
www.raytheon.com...
raytheon.mediaroom.com...

Oh, my bad! I was under the impression that this thread was about the potential corruption occurring in the WH. Oh wait, it is! But I knew some Democrat supporter would show up in the knick of time with their typical red herring.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Oh, my bad! I was under the impression that this thread was about the potential corruption occurring in the WH. Oh wait, it is! But I knew some Democrat supporter would show up in the knick of time with their typical red herring.

I'm not a Democrat. I'm just pointing out how CORRUPTION IS OK AS LONG AS IT FITS YOUR OWN NEEDS.

Spare me the rhetoric.

Did you look it up? This man who is the bastion against corruption...yet is corrupt himself...or will you write it off completely...

Of course you will right it off.

Oh...and go ahead and ignore the parts the pharmaceutical industry and the health insurance companies played in the health care bill..and the deals that were made MONTHS prior.

GO AHEAD.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I ignore NONE of it!
As far as I am concerned, 99.9% of the politicians are absolutely corrupt. Again, the thread is about a potential felony bribe originating in the WH and being covered up in the WH. I could give a rat's ass who is blowing it open. I treat each crime as it's own!

How about you open up a thread trashing Issa and making your claims and accusations there. I would be happy to read them and respond accordingly. But this thread explicitly discusses how the Obama administration tampered in a federal election and offered a felony bribe. I am going to be VERY interested in reviewing the correspondence between the WH and Mr. Sestak!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

WHO CARES! he is a lawmaker! they're all corrupt. as long as he makes the white house accountable i don't care if he is Barney Frank's boy toy!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Again, the thread is about a potential felony bribe originating in the WH and being covered up in the WH.

And a corrupt man who is calling out corruption somehow has nothing to do with the thread?

Washington will never be fixed until corporate money is out of it. Until then, none of it will matter. You can have your term limits, you can have your third party, but in the end if the corporate media and mega corporations can control the entire legislative process...THEN WHO IS REALLY AT FAULT HERE?

And above all that, the same people bitching about corruption supportred the supreme court ruling letting Corporations flood television stations destroying politicians....making it EVEN FURTHER CORRUPT.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

WHO CARES! he is a lawmaker! they're all corrupt. as long as he makes the white house accountable i don't care if he is Barney Frank's boy toy!!!

You're right! Makes complete sense to me now.

I give you a star.

Support what you hate to destroy what you hate.

Sweet.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

It's a good thing they picked such a corrupt man to point out the possibility of malfeasance within the political machinery of the state.

Now the seed has been planted and anything he say's must be ignored, I suppose.

Or perhaps there's a grudge involved... wait... that's part 2 right?

I understand the need to adhere to the meme that if it's bad it can't be so, but sometimes I like to hear the accusations and make up my own mind.

I encourage others to do so as well. Nothing personal. It's just the business of citizenship.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I just don't see whay the charges should be ignored simply because the guy asking may or may not be corrupt.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

" Or is this considered ethical for politicians to do? "

Business as Usual I would imagine . The Reps. are also Hypocrates if they denied that apparent Truth .

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
reply to post by Maxmars

I just don't see whay the charges should be ignored simply because the guy asking may or may not be corrupt.

Well, the fact of his connection to the entire political sphere can't rightly be ignored either. It is a fact of the 'theoretical' case we are examining.

The accusations, in and of themselves, are quite damaging to the political establishment. They have the entire government at their disposal to facilitate a response, so we can count on them to divulge every possible detail that could marginalize the threat.

What this simply means is that the claim be more deeply scrutinized. Because you can rest assured that we won't get all the facts from either the accused or the accuser. Presuming, of course, that the aspersions cast on the accuser are entirely true.

Now, it may seem Machiavellian to some, but this is how the world works. I kid you not.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by Maxmars

" Or is this considered ethical for politicians to do? "

Business as Usual I would imagine . The Reps. are also Hypocrates if they denied that apparent Truth .
That's the philosopher's conundrum.
Hypocrates may have pondered whether politicians were hypocrites.

Edit to add- people should be happy that someone is doing something about the situation in the oval office, even if it may come from a questionable source. Who would complain about a corrupt cop filing charges of corruption against his/her superiors?

Maybe not the best analogy....

[edit on 3/24/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

.... Who would complain about a corrupt cop filing charges of corruption against his/her superiors?

Maybe not the best analogy....

[edit on 3/24/2010 by abecedarian]

But so.......... close, I mean, at least in theory.

It embraces a tacit understanding that these are a class of people who are expected, by social contract, to operate for our benefit. The machine is so bloated, so rife with what could almost be described as decadence, that they can't even effectively police themselves from corruption. Which needless to say should be the singular drive of any and all governments "of the people." Such a commitment would engender a culture that values honor above glamor.

Oh well, history repeats itself because it's always the same playbook, go figure.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yes... so close in theory.

Yet there are people that question Issa's past affiliations and his motivation for doing so and in doing so COMPLETELY ignore the charges being brought.

top topics

join