It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions Turn Favorable On Health Care Plan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Anybody who is cool with this Health Care thing, walk and spend some time in a VA hospital. I've spent a lot of time there and let me tell you, what the government does to those that serve in our Armed Forces is NOT good at all. After you've spent some time there, I'd love to see you try with a straight face to tell me that the government is going to get it right because you are a "tax payer". Dude, they can't even get it right for the dudes that are taking bullets for their lies, what makes you think they are going to treat any of us in the general population any better??!

Also, at opencongress.org, 75% oppose this bill and will be voting for those that will bring about a full repeal.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Rasmussen is posting that 55 % are still very much in the AGAINST category.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry BH but I am sick of propaganda,
we have been getting all the e-mails from veterans groups

Those emails are propaganda, too, marg.

Originally posted by marg6043
Right most of the military vets in America are angry at the HCR and Obama, because the government run health care humana faces elimination meaning higher premiums for the vets.

Please let me know if your husband's premiums go up.

No, good for Military retirees at all.

It's all in who you believe. There's so much propaganda out there that no one knows what will happen until it happens.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The govt isn't taking over all the hospitals. People will still have private facilities, doctors, and insurance companies.

I will argue the VA healthcare system is better than nothing.

If I was not a vet, I don't know how I would get care. Once you have pre-existing conditions, and have a few expensive medical procedures on your resume, it gets prohibitively expensive to buy insurance out of pocket. Without this reform bill, if I had to buy my own health insurance, the premium would cost as much as the mortgage.

link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
Anybody who is cool with this Health Care thing, walk and spend some time in a VA hospital.

I forgot to add the VA to the list of screwups of the government.

Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Post Office, VA...

Yet, people are still think that the Obamacare is going to work wonders.

I'm still wondering where they are going to get the coin? I mean, how much are we in debt for? How much is the war costing per day? And somehow, the Dems feel that this 950 Billion is nothing. Guess they are just going to go ahead and print money.

Oh well. Anyone out there that has forgotten what the Great Depression was like will be getting a first hand look at it. I give it four years before we hit rock bottom, since I doubt the Chinese will be bailing us out of this recent round of stupidity.

link   
I'm very okay with this reform. I am 21, no longer covered by my parents' insurance (they have a great plan from motion picture) and I find now that I need to see a doctor more than ever. I'm not done reading the bill, but I've read enough opinions about it.

I think in order for us to go anywhere or make any kind of gain, Americans will have to pay out the ass. I've accepted this because Americans as a whole have always been economically "dined and dashed". Insurance companies making up BS as to why they can't cover you while still asking for money (and not just health, auto insurance is such a scam), One can't live in a nice house without it being way too much, police spend millions of dollars on arresting people with marijuana when that money could have gone to fix the city, and really a long list of etc's that span since the founding of this country.

We're always going to be screwed over in some way. With this bill, for once the anal rape of our hard earned money will at least have some guaranteed benefits.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
that this 950 Billion is nothing. Guess they are just going to go ahead and print money.

It's 950 billion over how many years ?
Also the CBO said the bill is deficit neutral.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Anybody who is cool with this Health Care thing, walk and spend some time in a VA hospital.

I forgot to add the VA to the list of screwups of the government.

Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Post Office, VA...

Yet, people are still think that the Obamacare is going to work wonders.

I beg to differ on the post office, but I think that's more of an opinion. I agree that these gov't projects are poorly run but I think it's only because it's underfunded. too many stupid things get millions of dollars to make them work.

In fact, I read recently about a teacher who's gotten 100,000 a year to sit in a room and not bother anyone (because he has sexually harassed female students). How can anything the gov't does have any effect when there's people and programs like that out there?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So, piddles, have you read the bill? Can you tell me what we're actually going to be getting? I'm not picking on you, I just want to know: Exactly what is it that we're going to be getting now that we're going to be taxed to death and what is our return on investment now? I'm curious....

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
I beg to differ on the post office, but I think that's more of an opinion. I agree that these gov't projects are poorly run but I think it's only because it's underfunded. too many stupid things get millions of dollars to make them work.

Dude, the PO does a great job moving mail. Unfortunately, they got left behind when it comes to technology, etc.

Do a quick search to see how much the PO is in the hole for this year. Why else would we be cutting back on delivery?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
It's 950 billion over how many years ?

Over ten years. And you think that the deficit isn't going to increase in the 10 years???

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Also, another thing that no one has been able to explain to me is this: if this plan is so great for the American people why isn't Congress, the President, and all of their staff going to go into this system? Does that not say anything to anyone?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Exactly what is it that we're going to be getting now that we're going to be taxed to death and what is our return on investment now?

People making 200k plus will see their income taxes go up a bit.
I've read families earning under approx 70k a year will actually be getting more subsidies and tax breaks to buy health insurance. And they are expanding medicaid to allow 15 million new people in the program.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Okay, did you read that in the original bill or was that from another source. I've got the bill and I'm reading a very different thing. Also, from where I stand, after doing some number crunching, this bill is going to raise premiums at least 30 %.

Let's not forget this: Catepillar and Verizon both said today that the taxation from this bill may cause them to make massive lay offs.

Let's get one thing clear: our economy was not doing so hot and this is not doing us any favors.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Over ten years. And you think that the deficit isn't going to increase in the 10 years???

According to the CBO, it's deficit neutral. There is no question it's new govt spending, but there will be additional revenues to pay for it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Let's get one thing clear: our economy was not doing so hot and this is not doing us any favors.

One of the biggest problems facing our economy is the escalating costs of health insurance. Our economy is at a competitive disadvantage because of it. I've read for each new car that rolls out of Detroit, the health insurance for labor adds about $1700 to the cost, and there is only $700 worth of steel.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Using a common phrase to describe a stance or position in an open forum debate is not offensive IMO because it was not directed to anyone in particular . ..............Nice Try ................

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Regardless. Defending your own use of vulgarities somehow doesn't mitigate the fact that you narked someone out. Just sayin.'

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

I've seen this argument many many times and frankly, I disagree heartily.
I could also get into this but frankly, I doubt at this point I would change your mind.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
According to the CBO, it's deficit neutral. There is no question it's new govt spending, but there will be additional revenues to pay for it.

*in my best Dr Evil voice* Riiiggghhhttt.

"additional revenues"? Isn't that another word for "taxes"??

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join