It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Bible Bashers, Christian child abuse?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Satan knows just how to present his agenda in the most subtle ways - most people aren't even aware that they are being programmed.

Have you ever considered the possibility that your religious beliefs might have been programmed into you, without your being aware of it?

I watched the cute, blond-haired 7 year-old little boy carefully. There is no sparkle in his eyes (universally indicative of happiness), the corners of his mouth are drawn down. I got the impression of a lifelike automaton going through the motions to please his parents. That looks like programming to me.
Just saying. Peace.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

If no one can claim their religion is the right one by providing proof, how can you base your whole life on something that's written in a book (that was written by MAN)?

Most religions tell you to pray to God(s) based on what it says in their scriptures. Yet those scriptures were written by men! So basically, men are telling men to pray to someone who they invented. We have no proof for God(s) other than scriptures written by men. And we all know how trustworthy and honest mankind is

If you're religious because it makes you feel good, by all means, continue. But don't be religious just because you think it explains stuff you can't explain otherwise, or because you're worried about some fairy tales about the end of the world written by men. The bible has about as much validity as the story about Santa or the seven dwars. If the story of Santa teaches you to be good, that's a great thing...but he doesn't have to be REAL to achieve this.

Read the content of the bible and look at it as wisdom written 2000 years ago, and packaged as a fictional story. Yes it includes a lot of wisdom (don't kill, etc.), but it was written 2000 years ago, times change, and humanity has to adapt and evolve. That won't happen if you refuse to do so because of some 2000 year old book. If we wouldn't constantly change and adapt, we'd still have slavery and women would have no rights.

All through history, mankind has created other "gods" and made a choice to worship self and idols. And that same history proves that their pride and vanity were their downfall.

How many examples does it take before people finally say "Ohhhhh, ok, I get it now".

We have the Dead Sea Scrolls - that alone proves the validity - but toss in all of the other discoveries, as well as modern day miracles that happen in our society - and if you need more proof than that, then you are hard headed.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeanvaljean

Satan knows just how to present his agenda in the most subtle ways - most people aren't even aware that they are being programmed.

Have you ever considered the possibility that your religious beliefs might have been programmed into you, without your being aware of it?

I watched the cute, blond-haired 7 year-old little boy carefully. There is no sparkle in his eyes (universally indicative of happiness), the corners of his mouth are drawn down. I got the impression of a lifelike automaton going through the motions to please his parents. That looks like programming to me.
Just saying. Peace.

God has been around since before the beginning of time - if you doubt that, then that is your choice. The "programming" you speak of was, and is, the Gospel, and is what has sustained this planet thus far - "thus far" is the key phrase.

You can call God's Word, The Bible, "programming" if you want - and you can color me "programmed" as well.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
[q

Considering that our kindergarten children are now being "indoctrinated" with teachings involving homosexuality, and abortion, etc......

what the hell type of school are you sending your kids too?!?!?!?

you know what I learned about in grade school? farm animals and coloring, plus adding numbers together, and I even got to play Oregon Trail on a mac 2 back in the day. If these kids have any exposure to these things its coming from a preacher screaming at his congregation about how bad these things are. the kids that "preach" about it arent learning these things from TV, becsase why would a fire and brimstone family allow their kids to watch TV in the first place since it is filled with the very sins they are aganst?

This only leads to curiosity of the young-lings, who want to understand what the preacher was talking about, then the kids go off and google murder, or worse things.

I suggest you scroll back a page or two and click on the links posted about the "Safe School Czar" currently in position, and who oversees what "propaganda" is being taught to our children.

Then *you* tell me - what is really going on in the schools.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by vanhippi

The reason I have for knowing homosexuality is a sin is found in the King James Bible.

Period.

That's all I need to know.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamoverrated

1. Homosexuality is an abomination to God, documented in, and by, the Bible.

2. Abortion is murder - anyway you want to twist it.

3. Apparently, Satan maybe has you helping him gather more and more souls away from God - and you may not even realize this.

Homosexuality being an abomination is debatable depending on how you want to cherry pick your morals and ethics from the bible. I don't want to argue here, but teaching kids to hate and not tolerate other people is wrong. I was always told by my grandmother "hate the sin, love the person", all this hate only creates more division among us and distracts us from being truly happy and doing more constructive things. They should be teaching these kids to help the homeless / needy, give to charity, maybe do some fund raising, maybe to help with some Habitat For Humanity projects, etc. Not to bash others because of their views or who they are.

That being said, they are their children and I believe you're allowed to raise your child in nearly anyway you want as long as it doesn't harm them or harm others.

And your grandmother was correct in her beliefs - and no one is "hating" another or on another - but don't try and convince me that I have to accept homosexuality in society because you feel it promotes hate.

And nowhere am I "bashing" homosexuals - but I AM bashing the homosexual lifestyle aka sin.

I don't have to accept the lifestyle, nor it being paraded in front of me, OR my children - in school or not - changing man's laws will not change God's laws.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeanvaljean

Just saying. Peace.

Hey, Good point. Can you give an example of other religious kids participating in their faith and their eye movement to compare?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TELEX

But God didn't create all of these "religions" that we see today - mankind did that, and continues to create them.

Ahum and who exactly created mankind ?

And before you go off down the silly street of free will, It is alleged that your god is the creator of everything.

It is ludicrous to have the creator of "everything" wash his hands of anything in creation this would preclude its' being omniscient and omnipresent.

It's no good blaming man for what man does if man was created and not thrown together like a haphazard salad .

Yet again, before you go off down the silly street of Satan this little fellar requires a creator in a created universe.

If your god is responsible for creation then it's responsible for "everything" in it, down to the last atom or thought.

Free will, free will, and free will. God created us with free will - He isn't responsible for the evil and hatred in the world - that credit goes to satan.

Oh, and did I mention that we humans have 'free will'?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

If no one can claim their religion is the right one by providing proof, how can you base your whole life on something that's written in a book (that was written by MAN)?

Most religions tell you to pray to God(s) based on what it says in their scriptures. Yet those scriptures were written by men! So basically, men are telling men to pray to someone who they invented. We have no proof for God(s) other than scriptures written by men. And we all know how trustworthy and honest mankind is

If you're religious because it makes you feel good, by all means, continue. But don't be religious just because you think it explains stuff you can't explain otherwise, or because you're worried about some fairy tales about the end of the world written by men. The bible has about as much validity as the story about Santa or the seven dwars. If the story of Santa teaches you to be good, that's a great thing...but he doesn't have to be REAL to achieve this.

Read the content of the bible and look at it as wisdom written 2000 years ago, and packaged as a fictional story. Yes it includes a lot of wisdom (don't kill, etc.), but it was written 2000 years ago, times change, and humanity has to adapt and evolve. That won't happen if you refuse to do so because of some 2000 year old book. If we wouldn't constantly change and adapt, we'd still have slavery and women would have no rights.

All through history, mankind has created other "gods" and made a choice to worship self and idols. And that same history proves that their pride and vanity were their downfall.

How many examples does it take before people finally say "Ohhhhh, ok, I get it now".

We have the Dead Sea Scrolls - that alone proves the validity - but toss in all of the other discoveries, as well as modern day miracles that happen in our society - and if you need more proof than that, then you are hard headed.

So you're saying your religion's the only correct one because:

A) All other civilizations who believe in something else eventually suffered a downfall.
B) You have scrolls
C) Miracles.

First of all, there's plenty of civilizations that haven't disappeared and they're thriving. Japan is a good example. So that "evidence" is simply untrue.

The others have scrolls too, and they say the same thing as you. They don't have more/less proof about the validity of those scrolls (which by themselves often wouldn't even prove the existence of God) than you...so sorry, your scrolls aren't proof.

Miracles are simply things we can't explain. Just because you can't explain something doesn't prove the existence of God. In ancient times people couldn't explain "fire" or "comets" and attributed it to God...now we know they are wrong because we know what comets are. Science has made it possible. The same goes for our modern day "miracles". We might not be able to fully explain them at our current level of knowledge, but it DOES NOT prove the existence of God, just like "fire" wasn't proof for God.

I'm afraid you have to do better than that. And I know I'm being mean, because there simply isn't solid scientific proof for God. You can't prove his/her existence, just like I can't state how the universe came into existence with 100% certainty.

The difference is, I'm humble enough to accept there's things we can't explain (yet). There might be a God, but there also might NOT be a God. We simply can't know. However, Christians (and other religions) state to KNOW that answer when in reality, they are just guessing.

If those guesses, and the ability to suppress uncertainty makes you feel good, by all means...you have the right to be happy and I won't criticize you for it. But don't try to judge other people simply because they need more than blind faith. You might be right in the end, but so might they!! Keep that in mind when talking to other people...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If I ever meet God , I´ll be sure to give him a kick in the nuts followed by a swift jab to the throat. If I ever meet Satan I'll run up to him , shake his hand and thank him for never being the complete murderous tosser that God turned out to be.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yep, I guess that's exactly what I'm saying - but not because of the three reasons you listed -

Because He is our Creator, and the Bible is His Word.

And yes, before the comment is tossed in this, I AM very closed minded.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Compulsionist
If I ever meet God , I´ll be sure to give him a kick in the nuts followed by a swift jab to the throat. If I ever meet Satan I'll run up to him , shake his hand and thank him for never being the complete murderous tosser that God turned out to be.

You might change your mind over time - you never know.

God works in mysterious ways.

One thing I've learned - never say never.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Slightly off topic here but does anyone know why yodagod(OP) got banned?
As far as I can tell he did nothing wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Yep, I guess that's exactly what I'm saying - but not because of the three reasons you listed -

Because He is our Creator, and the Bible is His Word.

And yes, before the comment is tossed in this, I AM very closed minded.

Shows how much of a rational thinker you are, I'm sure you'll be a great constructive contributor to ATS.

You state an opinion, and to prove you're correct, you repeat your opinion statement.

How are you ever gonna be able to have a rational discussion with anyone if you're unwilling to examine and discuss other viewpoints and opinions? It makes it very hard for people to take you serious because it's as if one is discussing with a rock who can't think for himself.

But it's ok, since your best argument for believing is quoting your initial belief statement instead of having a rational discussion (ran out of logical arguments?)...I accept your defeat

[edit on 24-3-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Would anyone, of another religion, ever really listen to a child going on like that, pleading and looking desperate anyway?

I know what the effect of seeing and hearing a child do this would have on my own child - it would make him run as far away from Christianity as he could.

The only thing I suspect they accomplish is some sort of preaching to the choir. The faithful can look at them and say "Even that child knows this" or whatever.

As a non-Christian, it's a real turn off to me...but whatever.

I don't worry too much about the brainwashing. I've some cousins that grew up like this, and today of the 4 only one goes to church or speaks to my uncle.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

The "programming" you speak of was, and is, the Gospel, and is what has sustained this planet thus far - "thus far" is the key phrase.

You can call God's Word, The Bible, "programming" if you want - and you can color me "programmed" as well.

jeanvaljean posted a valid point about those kids - do they really seem happy? But that wasn't my point. Maybe you've put me on your ignore list as you didn't respond my question about how is gospel of luke outside of context of this discussion? That wasn't my sole point of posting either. You do realize, that gospels are less than two thousand years old, while the world itself is few billions years old? And even if you don't believe that, you'd believe it is at least six thousands years old.

Indeed you work in mysterious ways when you claim that the gospels had sustained the world so far - it is an absurd and illogical claim to make when all the facts are against it. But I assume that you may be beyond any logic and your programming being very, very bad.

Ah, but earlier you decided not to reply my post when I made logical argument against your illogics, maybe you'll do it now also. But that doesn't really matter, for I know that you read these posts, and I can only hope that they'll touch one corner of your soul while you may consciously reject them.

I wish you best in your denial,

-v

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Free will, free will, and free will. God created us with free will - He isn't responsible for the evil and hatred in the world - that credit goes to satan.

So, Satan is responsible for evil and hatred ( hey that lets the humans off the hook) and your god, being the creator of "everything" created satan . So how exactly do you figure that your god has nothing to do with hate and evil ? Please bare in mind your god openly admits to being a hater.

You shout a lot about free will but seem to have no idea what it is, pleas take the time to explain where what is the impetus for evil if not your god in a universe created by your god.

You can't have your cake and eat it my friend either your god created "everything" and is omniscient/omnipresent or it is not.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crescent Moon
Slightly off topic here but does anyone know why yodagod(OP) got banned?
As far as I can tell he did nothing wrong.

I (and others)have questioned this myself and have also insinuated the possibility of a christian infiltration of ATS to the point that those that even suggest the possibility of christian bias are shut down.

The OPs posts did not it would appear at anytime break T&Cs there seems to be more to this than meets the eye.

Looking back over some of the threads I noticed quite a few member that have been alluding to the christian conspiracy, seemingly being targeted and banned in some cases it would seem to be for no good reason they just disappear.

There appears to be a common denominator and that is the banned members have heavily criticized Christianity and have focused on this topic implying a bias when moderators are of a religious bent.

I'm rooting around the websites at the moment trying to locate some of these banned members to see if I can get their side of the story.I'm am looking back over the threads to see who was moderating the religious type threads whether they do so exclusive to other threads and whether or not they have christian or fundie type leanings.

At the moment I don't have enough posts to qualify for U2Us in order to contact other members. However I have recently been informed via another site that "Private Messages" on ATS are not actually private and are monitored so there's no rush there.

There certainly "appears " to be a strange disappearance of some regular atheist type posters (a minority group) who are outspoken in the christian topic .

One of the more outspoken was moocowman and he appears to have got banned for no reason that I can find so far. Although the guy had no respect for christianity whatsoever (such was his right) I enjoyed his debate and if it turns out that he was also banned for no other reason than outing the christian conspiracy then this would surely vindicate him.

Obviously if I get banned for for posting this then the cat would appear to be out of the bag alluding to a christian coup d'etat.

Those kids in the videos could become senators or moderators one day, scary thought eh ?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TELEX

So, Satan is responsible for evil and hatred ( hey that lets the humans off the hook) and your god, being the creator of "everything" created satan . So how exactly do you figure that your god has nothing to do with hate and evil ? Please bare in mind your god openly admits to being a hater.

Gods a hater, woo how did that cat get out of the bag? Damn right. he
hates pedophiles and so do I. He hates anyone who disobey's him cause
all that rebellion against God crap only leads to this # hole of a world we have now. With it's rigidly robotic system of debt to enslave everyone. Any dumb azz can put that much together. Do you people honestly believe this is the world God intended for us? NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Remember now your God even said he's a hater. big wow. Like you don't
hate God? Like you don't hate Jesus Christ? For what? FOR WHAT?
Cause you think it makes you kewl.
I can sum this thread up with one commandment.

Honor thy Father and Thy mother. That goes no matter who they are..

end of thread.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

he hates pedophiles and so do I.

It's an interesting concept, creating something in order to hate it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join