It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is AREA 51 still considered Restrictive?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

Other than Project 57 (north more or less of the base), the area is not radioactive. Now it has received it's share of radioactive clouds during tests "in the day", but not for a long time. In fact most of the Nevada Test Site isn't particularly hot. There is a sign by the Sedan Crater that indicates the radioactivity. About 20uR/hr IIRC. There are spots off the range that are hotter.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I recently watched Ron Garner, Producer, Stargate Productions being interviewed on Matrix News Network. He spoke about his website Area 51 Disclosure and said that Mike McConnell is Head of the Majestic 12. Garner also stated that part of Area 51 is another country which is why the U.S. President isn't allowed there.

Do any ATS members know much about Ron Garner?

Area 51 Disclosure
area51disclosure.com...

Dan Burisch Summary
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Dr.Burisch End of World (Most interesting Interviews with area 51 microbiologist)
www.scribd.com...

Dan Burisch reckons Mike McConnel is Number 1 of the Majestic 12
www.angelfire.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.angelfire.com...
www.angelfire.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GFCAX

First of all, lets do internet 101. If the information is on a free website like Angelfire, it is probably fiction written by a minor. [No credit card means you can't buy a domain name.] At this point in time, there isn't a single free (as in the author didn't buy a domain name) worth reading. The last one I bothered to read was Joe Baugher's aircraft serial number website, but even Joe broke down and bought a domain name. The same goes for most of the crap on youtube. Any fool can upload to youtube, so much (but not all) of it is crap.

George Knapp checked out Dan Burish. Burish is a fraud of high order.
I-Team on Dan Burish

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hi there people, forgive me for diverting the focus a bit, but I have a couple of doubts about groom lake security. My English is not very good. I live in Spain. Anyway i have a peer of questions:

- Why and what for Area 51 to the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department?
- Why Camo Dudes cover his face when they are photographed or Avoid Appear to the court for a possible lawsuit? (I saw a little video proportionate by gariac of a camo dudes fleeing in Bald Mountain)
- Why at Groom Lake they not employ to the USAF security forces, instead of civilian contractors?

Regards.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

- Why and what for Area 51 to the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department?
reply to post by rayktheon

Glenn Campbell discovered that the camo dudes are deputized by the Lincoln County Sheriff Department. Glenn's website is the Groom Lake Bible, There is no better website. The only problem is it is not up to date. But here is the bit about the dudes and Lincoln County:
www.ufomind.com...

- Why Camo Dudes cover his face when they are photographed or Avoid Appear to the court for a possible lawsuit? (I saw a little video proportionate by gariac of a camo dudes fleeing in Bald Mountain)

The dudes do not want to be identified. They could lose their security clearance in theory, and thus their fantastic job of sitting in SUVs in the desert watching tourists, drinking cofee out a thermos, and urinating on cactus. I have photos of camo dude faces, but do not post them since it would just piss them off. I have this silly notion that one day I may need the help of a camo dude.

- Why at Groom Lake they not employ to the USAF security forces, instead of civilian contractors?

If you saw USAF security around the border, you might think there is a military base beyond the hills, just out of sight! In other words, plausible deniability
en.wikipedia.org...
A good example of plausible deniability are those politicians that can't remember anything. You can't really prove what someone has in their head. Of course, in Ronald Reagan's case, his memory lapses during Iran-Contra might have been real.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well gariac thanks for the reply, anyway I don't understand very much Glenn Campbell article about the camo dudes deputized by Lincoln Sheriff Department. What means exactly that they are "deputized"? So, why reason Sheriff Department are involved in security, private security contractor are not responsible for all this?

That is, it's like the Local Police or Civil Guard here is Spain the Lincoln Sheriff Department, right? I don't see the connection.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As at most Air Force bases, the Security Force at Groom Lake is comprised of both Air Force and contractor personnel. Members of the Range Patrol were deputized by the Lincoln County Sheriff so that they could make arrests, if necessary, on public land just outside the military range perimeter (presumably if they pursued an intruder from within the range). The guards often patrol the area outside the military boundary, and they have placed a network of sensors on public land to track civilian vehicles. You can find additional information at www.dreamlandresort.com, which has much more detailed and up-to-date information than Glenn Campbell's site.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

On some things, Glenn has the most up to date information. For instance, he has the latest security manual here:
area51looseends.blogspot.com...

For more up to date panoramas, check out
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
All right, anyway I don't understand that means the term "deputized". Deputized in Spanish means "represent" a person or an entity?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It is for sure restrictive but not of the type 'We hold aliens and UFOs here, so restriction at its highest level' - because there is clearly no such things there. They (technology, experiments) have been moved out to make sure no tourist comes across anything.

So today it is of type 'Restricted' like any military base, maybe a little higher restriction but that's about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

They (technology, experiments) have been moved out to make sure no tourist comes across anything.
reply to post by Imtor

Of course, you have nothing to back up this statement. You just want to clutter up a good thread with alien technology BS.

Perhaps you have heard of abovetopsecret.com. They have two forums to post your opinions. I prefer to stick to facts. May I suggest:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Deputized here implies what Shadowfax said. These camo dues, though private citizens, have the right to make arrests, even though they technically do not work for the Lincoln County Sheriff department. I don't believe they have ever arrested anyone, but they have detained trespassers until the sheriff arrives.

The most notable Lincoln County Sheriff department arrest by the border is that of Glenn Campbell. The circumstances were quite lame.
www.ufomind.com...

Like I said, ufomind.com is old, but it is a treasure chest of information. The fact we don't get arrested by hanging out at the border is due to the publicity Glenn Campbell shined on the base. He forced the DoD to obey the law rather than do whatever they want.

Given Glenn's current state of unemployment, it would make sense to wget yourself the ufomind website and keep a copy. I'm sure plenty of people have done this, but the website itself is copyrighted so putting the information on another website would be a copyright violation.

There is also information to be found in the old Lockheed Skunkworks mailing list and with some date filtering, the usenet list alt.conspiracy.area51. As more and more nutcases got online (believers in grays and such crap), they have polluted the usenet group to the point where it is not readable.

Back to being deputized, normally this is done in the US as a cross jurisdiction procedure. For example, many law enforcement officers have a limited right to detain illegal immigrants, provided they are deputized by DHS. Another example is there are a few towns that cross state borders. Wendover, prior to the creation of the town of West Wendover, was in both Utah and Nevada, but police had power in either state.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I don't know why people tend to mix threads that don't have anything to do with what we're dealing here.

Well, anyway I think (in relation to Camo Dudes and Groom Security) that they have it all very well mounted. The involvement and procurement from the Air Force to the Lincoln Sheriff Department is a putting into effect very intelligent, because when some person crosses the Groom Lake restricted perimeter, is the Lincoln County Sheriff who impute the corresponding fine (ie the source processing of the fine impute is from the sheriff department and not the Air Force or the Camo Dudes).

I seen on glenn campbell website (ufomind), the article in question is "camo dudes roster", that ultimately he makes a lot of questions in relation to "deputized by Lincoln County Sheriff Department". And I still keep asking that relationship between Camo Dudes who supposedly working by a private contractor and the Lincoln County Sheriff Department. There are sheriff deputies who have worked or work as cammo dudes?
edit on 17-3-2012 by rayktheon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If it's no longer restrictive...go there with a camera and find out. Let us know what you find!

We'll all be waiting for your return and scrapbook of photos.
edit on 17-3-2012 by RicFlair because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

And I still keep asking that relationship between Camo Dudes who supposedly working by a private contractor and the Lincoln County Sheriff Department. There are sheriff deputies who have worked or work as cammo dudes?

It has been stated several times that the camo dudes are deputized by the Lincoln County Sheriff Department. That is the relationship. If you go to the Lincoln County complex in Alamo, you can find camo dude vehicles in the parking lot, as well as the white bus. The Sheriff Department and Nevada Highway Patrol (NHP) are all in the same building. If you timed it right, you would probably find them all at the Mexican restaurant down the street. But nobody has the contract or letter of agreement that ties the Lincoln County Sheriff to the camo dudes. Basically all we have is what Glenn discovered.

I know the Sheriff Department can cross into the border. I've seen this several times. The camo dudes can get away with driving on public roads without a license plate. Obviously there is a good old boys network in force. The dudes can break the law and the NHP doesn't care.

One thing to note is the locals in Rachel never call the sheriff. Obviously they are in cahoots with Groom. People in Rachel take care of business themselves. They run people out of town. Dig through Glenn's newsletter and you will find the story of Joe Travis brandishing a gun at him.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
In Recent photographs taken to the camo dudes, I seen that in their vehicles they don't carry plates nowdays, and long time back ago yes. why?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks

Originally posted by darpa999
I have heard that Area 51 does not test classified aircraft anymore since those projects were during the Cold War error....The new classified projects are now somewhere else.

If this is indeed to be true, then why is the airspace (R-4808 area) still restricted from the surface to almost to outer space for civilian airliners?

Can you still overfly Area 51, even though it is not classified anymore?

Thanks.

psst... cold war ERA...

only way you can fly into their airspace is if you fly one of the janet planes.

btw you can listen to liveatc.net and hear them on there. you can look up the different callsigns to see where the flight is going too

www.liveatc.net...

so i dont know why they would unrestrict a military base, known or not. even lowly class g uncontrolled airspace has restrictions.

Well, I wouldn't say Janet planes. Members of delta force or special air force units planes land there too. They land at area 51 at dark times where no one is usually out peeking at the base. I also think that CIA agents arrive at area 51 by helicopters. I don't they would arrive in a normal passenger plane.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

In Recent photographs taken to the camo dudes, I seen that in their vehicles they don't carry plates nowdays, and long time back ago yes. why?

Why? Because they can!

Most of the camo dude truck fleet have military plates. That is to say, the trucks you see on the hilltops that spy on tourists. But the ones that go out to meet the public haven't had plates on them for many years. If you have a military plate, then you must be associated with the military, right? If you don't have a plate, then we don't know who you are. Of course, the average citizen would get a ticket for driving around without a plate, but the rules do not apply to camo dudes.

Rules barely apply to Groom Lake itself. Can I see the building permits for any of their structures? I think not!

Technically, if you follow the US constitution, you can't spend money on a black budget. That would be article 1 section 9.

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.

www.usconstitution.net...

You now know more than probably 99% of the US population regarding the constitution.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies gariac, even so why reason there are several camo dudes cars and white bus parked in the Alamo courthouse? It's because there are several camo dudes living along Lincoln County or in Alamo?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

You will be cuffed, arressted, and fined

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join